Celine Dion will perform tribute to Michael in her new Vegas show

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
From the LSA forums, Celine Dion announced on Oprah that it is revamped and she will honor Michael by performing an homage to him.

The show begins on March 15 at the Caesar's Palace.

celine-dion-admat-english-353.jpg

Awww I love Celine. She has a wonderful voice. She's been my favorite female singer since I was little girl. My dad was big fan of her French music before I was born lol.

Celine no doubt is one of Michael's biggest fans. She always spoke highly of him.

Last edited:
Yeah she loves Michael, So glad to see she is back in Vegas.
I was going to go to her show if I went to Vegas in April.. Which was my plans, Then I decided on a Cruise..

Vegas or a Cruise hmm :unsure: This could sway me lol.

I saw that too... Real cool of Celine. She has always spoken great of Mike

You just gotta love Celine for doing this.

Its the people you least expect to honor Michael that are doing so, 'cause lets face it, over a year and a half now has passed and she still decides to do this, I so appreciate her for that.

From LSA:
I had an audio of an interview she made back in 1990, probably when she released her first album in English. She talked about being in a studio with a guy who knew MJ and she told the guy to tell MJ hello, that she was crazy about him, a big fan etc. But she didn't expected anything, she was just talking like that.

Later on she received an autographed picture of him with a Billie Jean hat.

Its her showing the presents in that interview:

24o3xj4.jpg

2qkpm6o.jpg

1zodyr4.jpg

Celine Dion was my favourite female singer when I was younger (a long time ago :lol: ) she had then 12/13 years old and she sang only in french and I remember I had (and I always have it) a tape with Celine and Michael and I listened to it all day long, my sister was crazy :lol: !!
I'm sure her tribute will be great !! She has an amazing voice !

From LSA:
I had an audio of an interview she made back in 1990, probably when she released her first album in English. She talked about being in a studio with a guy who knew MJ and she told the guy to tell MJ hello, that she was crazy about him, a big fan etc. But she didn't expected anything, she was just talking like that.

Later on she received an autographed picture of him with a Billie Jean hat.

Its her showing the presents in that interview:

24o3xj4.jpg

2qkpm6o.jpg

1zodyr4.jpg

Has the video of the interview on youtube! :wild: I watched this a long time ago, but now I am not able to find it. :doh:

As long as she doesn't sing any of his songs and butchers them to death, I'm ok with this.

In my personal opinion, she's overrated and tends to ruin songs when she screeches in them.

Yeah she loves Michael, So glad to see she is back in Vegas.
I was going to go to her show if I went to Vegas in April.. Which was my plans, Then I decided on a Cruise..

Vegas or a Cruise hmm :unsure: This could sway me lol.

Hey, if your going on the cruise with either Thomson/First Choice let me know just before you book it. I can get you a code that gives my friends and family discount. I work in the HQ.

Years ago, she was doing a tribute to Barbra Streisand in her show. She was singing a duet with a Barbra on the big screen. So she might do the same with Michael. She'll probably do WMCIG also.

I'd like to see that.

As long as she doesn't sing any of his songs and butchers them to death, I'm ok with this.

In my personal opinion, she's overrated and tends to ruin songs when she screeches in them.

Weeelll, I think the idea of her doing a "tribute" would be to, yes, sing a few of his songs.

Thank you Celine!!! That is wonderful news :)

Celine you are doing that for me hmmmm pretty awesome!
LOVE YOU!!
r7vgh1.jpg

Oh I Love Celine and I saw her perform in Vegas a couple yrs back.
Her shows are awesome. It think is wonderful she is going to do
a tribute to Michael. :)

I'm pretty sure that she's going to sing some of his songs in the tribute, since that's usually what they do in a tribute. :)

Anyway, I think that Celine is UNDERrated. I'll admit that I'm not really into the bombastic ballads that she released back in the mid/late '90s. I didn't really realize how great her voice was until I heard her French albums. If you think that she has a good voice, but the songs are just too much, you should really check out some of her French releases. Some of her more recent songs in English are also really good.

Did you all know that Celine wrote a song for another Canadian artist, Marc Dupre, that was released a month or two ago? A lot of people don't want to give her any credit, but she's a talented woman.

thanks for posting the pics and the story
i think celine is sweet and her voice is beautiful. love " the power of love" and of course " my heart will go on"...oohh. mayb she'll do that one as a tribute to mike..i've seen a youtube tribute to mj with that song in the background and its gorgeous

Cool of Celine! My sis is a big fan and she wants to Vegas to check her out in concert!

She wants me to go with her so ya we shall see?! Can't wait! Never been to Vegas and I wanna see MJ wax figure! ;)

That is nice of her and I know it will be sincere.

That's true.. She's a very sensitive person, and that's obvious from all her love songs.

I'd often imagine how Michael would've sounded on "A New Day Has Come"... In my heart, that song (from the other-artists category) is one of those who would have suited him and his voice perfectly...

Was just listening to the Access Hollywood interview with Celine and this tribute will be her doing a medley of his songs it seems. Will be interesting to see how they go about this.

If she does 'Bad' it will be over for me!LOL

:clap::thanks_sign: | :happy_dance: I want to go in LV and see the performance... and :party: all night long....:dance:

The CHARLIE CHAPLIN tune CELINE DION will perform at the Oscars on Sunday (27Feb11) will also feature in her new show in Las Vegas – as part of a tribute to MICHAEL JACKSON.

Dion will perform Smile as images of the celebrities and film technicians who have passed away in the last 12 months are flashed onto a screen behind her at the Academy Awards.

But it won’t be a one-off performance – Dion, who was part of a tribute to the King of Pop at the 2010 Grammy Awards, will salute the late star during her new Sin City show with the song, a favourite of Jackson’s.

She explains, “He changed my life. I saw him on TV and I wanted to sing in English because he was, so and I went to learn English and met with him and I (sang) with him and he came to see the show and he had a big impact on my life.”

Jackson’s brother Jermaine sang the Chaplin song at the King of Pop’s memorial concert in 2009.

SOURCE

Back