Can Michael Still Dance And Sing at The Same Time????

:lol: I thought y'all meant ONSTAGE. ;)

what about man in the mirror the eighty eight grammy performance?

he did those vocal calistenics that are pure MJ..and went into a spin.

his grunt and grind singing, to me, are not strains..they are an intricate Michaelism gift that is specially made for the dance he does...and has been a staple in making some of his recorded songs his strongest.

i've never heard him strain vocally while dancing.

billie jean bucharest also comes to mind.:yes:

anyway..whatever he does onstage, he has proven that he has the power to set people off just standing there, so...however he configures a performance..lol...i think people will go crazy...then when the concert is over, and after they have gone home...and have come down long after that concert is over, they'll go back to their opinions.

the billie jean msg performance comes to mind...

the thing is...his inspired routines are way more impressive than any vain 'complications' that he has never done.

Last edited:
Not perfectly, no, I don't belive so.
CAN he? Well yeah probably! :happy:
Really depends on what kind of quality you are asking for.

what about man in the mirror the eighty eight grammy performance?

he did those vocal calistenics that are pure MJ..and went into a spin.

his grunt and grind singing, to me, are not strains..they are an intricate Michaelism gift that is specially made for the dance he does...and has been a staple in making some of his recorded songs his strongest.

i've never heard him strain vocally while dancing.

billie jean bucharest also comes to mind.:yes:

anyway..whatever he does onstage, he has proven that he has the power to set people off just standing there, so...however he configures a performance..lol...i think people will go crazy...then when the concert is over, and after they have gone home...and have come down long after that concert is over, they'll go back to their opinions.

the billie jean msg performance comes to mind...

the thing is...his inspired routines are way more impressive than any vain 'complications' that he has never done.

Totally. One thing that annoys me is how people dismiss Michael's incorporation of those vocal hiccups and grunts and different sounds and complain that he needs to start singing. They don't seem to realize the kind of control and timing it takes to make those things work with a vocal. It's way more impressive then just singing a song straight and as you pointed out, it makes the performance totally unique in it's delivery. There's just little appreciation for Michael's technique when it comes to those things. Like if you listen to "Leave Me Alone", etc... the way he times all those sounds and his ability to come in singing strongly after he does them, it's amazing. Or "Smooth Criminal", etc... that stacatto type vocal with the sounds, his ability to cut his voice off on a dime, etc... It kills me how impressive it is. I wish more people could or would appreciate what he does with his voice.

I actually just watched his "Bad Tour" in Yokohama, and he really was singing while dancing! lol, Timmy. Like when he was doing the choreography to "Beat It", he had the mic in his hand and while busting out a step, he would bring the mic to his mouth and sing, lol. And it was perfecto!

He can still do it, just not for as long a period, I imagine. I don't get mad at him lip-syncing either, because people have to realize how hard it is to do both, let alone for 2 plus hours. You have fans who complain about wanting to hear him sing live, but at the same time, you would have people complaining that he didn't dance, or didn't dance as much as they wanted if he opted to sing more. He's almost in a catch-22, because he's an equal talent in both fields and people go to see him for both reasons.

Last edited:
Michael is working out in the gym, wich he never did before. So guess what he is up to.

I wouldn't be surprised if he still could. I mean... he is just plain incredible... maybe others will think I am crazy but I don't mind...

the Incredible Hulk.

moz-screenshot-4.jpg
HULK01_JOEFIXIT_action.jpg

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

Lord, how this discussion go from singing and dancing at the same time to the Incredible Hulk? :lol:

Anyway... I do think he'll probably focusing on singing more while still doing a few dance steps here and there. :yes: Time will tell though...

Thats Mr. Fixit, otherwise known as the Grey Hulk, lol. Anywho, I hope he can, but don't believe it will be to a caliber as high as we expect.

Yeah he'll probably sing a bit then dance a bit and then do it at the same time in two tracks or so. I don't know if he'll do choreographed line dancing as he used to in the past tho.

I think Michael will do line dancing. People just shouldn't heap outragious expectations on him, is all. Which some of his fans might do I'm afraid.

If he does do old tracks, which he shouldn't except the odd classic (not Billie Jean!) I think he will do the routines, for some reason, hes obsessed with Dangerous, hence the sheer recycling it (using it in performances for more than ten years *yawn*, using parts in other work, such as the ITC routine and YRMW video) and maybe Beat it and Smooth Criminal. But I don't think there will be anything new, or a super everything show like Janet's doing. I think a new tour should be new material, quite frankly, im bored of seeing the same set, lol.

You'd have an aweful lot of people complaining if Michael didn't do "Billie Jean".

Once Michael gets some new dance routines under his belt, he can perform those in concert.

"Billie Jean" isn't in-line dancing, it's dancing that comes natural to him. I mean, isn't he or isn't he NOT a natural dancer. Choreographed dancing ain't complicated if you know how to move in one spot or not. Why should anyone have a line of dancers around him? Michael doesn't really have to do all of that. He could just dance by himself and have some hot female movers around him like James Brown did during the latter half of his career. Remember in the beginning of his career, James also had a line of dancers/singers and they pretty much did choreographed/freestyle dancing. Michael took that and Bob Fosse/Wild West Story-styled choreography and made it an art form in the eighties. Sometimes in order to be the innovator, you have to set a trend, and when the trendsetter sees his influence, he should have to change it up and do something different. I mean we've always talked about Michael wanting to experiment. I don't see how discussing this is outrageous.

I've always wanted to see Billie Jean performed differently, though he has done it differently many times, it does get a bit cliche, and I know he wants to do it different, but he only does it because the fans want it the same.

Actually that's one of the ONLY ones I don't wanna see him change a cinch. Because you can tell he ENJOYS dancing to "Billie Jean". That is always the BIGGEST highlight of his shows. No not "Human Nature", not "Dangerous", not even "She's Out of My Life" (which before was probably the biggest highlight in his shows with the Jacksons) but "Billie Jean". I wouldn't mind if he brought back his solo Motown joints on tour like "Got to Be There" and "I Wanna Be Where You Are" or "One Day in Your Life" or "Just a Little Bit of You" or even "Dancing Machine" and "Never Can Say Goodbye", he don't always have to do the same four number-one hits song medley, lol. He could also sing "Heartbreak Hotel" and "Show You the Way to Go". :yes: And he can even do the R&B joints on "Invincible" like "Butterflies" and "Break of Dawn" or "You Rock My World", like you said, he can change it up. I'm sure we're free to tell him some things if he decides to tour and then if he wants our opinion, we'll tell him and hope he chooses to compromise. ^_^

Those songs sound alright, wouldn't mind those, but still, new stuff! lol, I'm a bit biased, because I know the're songs that have never been performed that I want done though, lol.

Also, he does love to perform Billie Jean, you see his face light u at MGS 2001.

"Billie Jean," but only when I don't have to do it the same way. The audience wants a certain thing. I have to do the moonwalk in that spot. [laughs] I'd like to do a different version.

On what song is his favourite to perform.

Yeah he even smiled when he heard the cheers because he knew they liked it too. :lol: I can't ever see him NOT doing it. Everything else can go but do "Billie Jean" different and I'll give him a leg drop. :lol:

But no seriously, you have performances that define you for the rest of your life. "Billie Jean" defined his career for the rest of his life. :yes:

It wouldn't hurt if he did "Remember the Time" live too. ^_^

"Billie Jean" isn't in-line dancing, it's dancing that comes natural to him. I mean, isn't he or isn't he NOT a natural dancer. Choreographed dancing ain't complicated if you know how to move in one spot or not. Why should anyone have a line of dancers around him? Michael doesn't really have to do all of that. He could just dance by himself and have some hot female movers around him like James Brown did during the latter half of his career. Remember in the beginning of his career, James also had a line of dancers/singers and they pretty much did choreographed/freestyle dancing. Michael took that and Bob Fosse/Wild West Story-styled choreography and made it an art form in the eighties. Sometimes in order to be the innovator, you have to set a trend, and when the trendsetter sees his influence, he should have to change it up and do something different. I mean we've always talked about Michael wanting to experiment. I don't see how discussing this is outrageous.

It's not line dancing, no. The opening few bars of the song is a choreographed routine though, as are a few, short sperts in between. It's largley improvised though, that's true.

Structured dancing is a highlight of Michael's ability though. I don't think he needs back up dancers to do any of that. He can do choreographed routines on his own. Like he did the choreographey to "Beat It" by himself on the Victory tour, lol, cause there were no back up dancers. He doesn't need anyone on stage but himself, I agree. But he should still do choreographed routines because those are always a highlight and all the best dancers choreographe their work, lol.

I meant doing the choreography by himself, that would just be epic facepalm.

Back