Can anyone recommend any music?

lil_bow_wow1.jpg

Back when :p

bow-wow-2008.jpg

Now...near anough anyway :p

You remember when he first came out as Lil Bow Wow? Was only about 6/7 wasn't he? I love "Let Me Hold You" & "Shortie Like Mine"!

He's also pretty close to the Jackson family because of Jermaine Dupri.

awwww yes I remember. I remember I bought his album with the song basketball on it and he was so young. :) And now he is 23! Today is his birthday. Happy Birthday Bow Wow!! :flowers:

Have you listened to any of Michael Jackson's music? He's not a bad artist. :giggle:

Thankyou so much for your recommendations everyone! I am gonna check them all out! :D

Had to quote this and give a shout out to MattyJam who so kindly sent me a Tori Amos CD which I love! Reminds me actually I should get some more of her stuff. :D

Hell yeah.

I got into her in stages. It started out as mild curiousity and after a few albums it blossomed into full-blown obsession.

Buy From The Choirgirl Hotel, Boys For Pele and Scarlett's Walk, listen to them each five or six times and I guarentee you will be a convert for life.

Tori Amos From The Choirgirl Hotel:
1360.jpg

From The Choirgirl Hotel is one of the most heartbreakingly beautiful albums you will ever buy. If you want something heavy and wrought with emotion (kind of like HIStory) then buy this tremendous record.

The entire album is about her miscarriage and deals with a lot of related issues about her not feeling worthy to be a mother and also her anger at God for taking her baby.

The music is so powerful, very dark and truly moving. It's not an immediate album, you have to give it five or six spins at least, but when you know what she's singing about on songs like Spark and Playboy Mommy it really breaks your heart.

lady gaga :heart:
her two albums are real good imo

Hmmm I listen to a lot of different stuff. But to mention some of my favourites:

Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere (don't like the last album)
Phil Collins a lot lately hahaha
Stevie Wonder
A lot of Motown actually
Otis Redding
James Brown
Jimi Hendrix

And a tip!!! Dutch band Relax has a great album calles Pirates Among Puppets. It's rock, hip hop, R&B all together. I'm actually listening to them right now.

Here's one of there songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSBTp_PcXJ8

I don't know how to get the movie posted in here.

Ow yeah and every now and then I listen to this guy called Michael Jackson woehahaha

I'm really into Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Stevie Wonder (and pretty much anything motown), Alicia Keys and Newton Faulkner...there's quite a list, and a varied one at that! I saw Newton Faulkner in concert in Sheffield on sunday - he's amazing, really talented and a great showman too :) Check out his music if you haven't already!

The only modern day artist I like are Janet Jackson, Neyo and Lady Gaga basically because they are all great and original :)

Im not really into modern music! There only a few people i listen to. Cant beat the true pionners for me. hehe
Mikes my favourite in the galaxy of course! hehe. Then i love:

Bob Dylan, ive been completely in love with him for years!
David Bowie
Jimi Hendrix
Smokey Robinson
Stevie Wonder
Elvis, you just have to love him if you live in my house, like Michael! hehe

Theres so much more, the only female artist i listen to is Janet really :D

Last edited:
Hmm...I might have some quite unknown ones worth checking out:

This funky band Mama's Gun is from London, I discovered them through MySpace and now they got a label and an album out.
You might already know Sam Sparro, funk/electro/soul type of singer.
Then some others: Jaguar Wright, Janelle Monae, Joy Denalane

Some Dutchies....a friend of mine: Boris, he won Idols in 2003. This singer Waylon signed with Motown last year. Here's three soulfull ladies who broke through the public last year or so Sabrina Starke, Giovanca and Caro Emerald.

Okay well that should be enough for now, lolol. As you see, much soul/funk/pop...hope you like it! ;)

So I'm totally uninspired with music these days...can't find anything that excites me. Can anyone recommend anything for me to listen to that you're feeling at the moment?

well...after june 25, i can understand why, suddenly we have to ask each other what's out there to recommend. sorry...i'm asking the same thing. so nothing here for me to recommend..

I don't know what kind of music you're into, but here's a list of my favorite artists; perhaps there's some that you like or want to check out:

Michael Jackson. Janet Jackson. Mariah Carey. Whitney Houston. Madonna. Boyz II Men. Diana Ross. Usher. Phil Collins. Anastacia. Taryll Jackson. Pink. Aaliyah. Lionel Richie. Beyoncé. Justin Timberlake. Céline Dion. Robbie Williams. Prince. Luther Vandross. Alicia Keys. Brian Mc Knight. Savage Garden. Tatyana Ali. Aretha Franklin. Christina Aguilera. Shayne Ward. Michael Buble. Maxwell. Allison Hinds. Tyrese. Stevie Wonder. Mika. Rod Stewart. Robin Thicke. Beth Hart. Alanis Morissette. Brandy. Leona Lewis. Jordin Sparks. Jackson 5. The Jacksons. Vanessa Mae. Spice Girls. 3t. *N Sync. En Vogue. Destiny's Child. Blackstreet. TLC.

Back