Can anyone recommend any music?

StaceyMJ

Proud Member
So I'm totally uninspired with music these days...can't find anything that excites me. Can anyone recommend anything for me to listen to that you're feeling at the moment?

I'm still biased towards MJ and Hip-Hop so I'm not of any use I'm afraid :p

It's not really a band or anything, but Cadbury are giving away free downloads of an album of music they've been playing on those Fairtrade adverts recently, there's a song by Paolo Nutini and there's music by The Big Ghana Band, It's actually pretty good & it's free!

http://cadburymusic.com/

You just have to say what item you've switched for a Fairtrade version and then you can download it ^

:)

I'm still biased towards MJ and Hip-Hop so I'm not of any use I'm afraid :p

Ah I love Hip Hop! What do you listen to?

It's not really a band or anything, but Cadbury are giving away free downloads of an album of music they've been playing on those Fairtrade adverts recently, there's a song by Paolo Nutini and there's music by The Big Ghana Band, It's actually pretty good & it's free!

http://cadburymusic.com/

You just have to say what item you've switched for a Fairtrade version and then you can download it ^

:)

Wow thanks! :D I'll do that!

I totally feel you Stacey. I was driving the other day and decided to listen to the radio, but all I heard was eff this eff that, panty dropper this blah blah blah. Such a shame. Anyways, I like to listen to mostly anything that's not mainstream and I love songs from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. If you're looking for anything current and more mainstream, try Musiq Soulchild, Erykah Badu, The Roots, Neyo and Alicia Keys.

I hardly listen to any current hip-hop stars but the main people I listen to are T.I, 2pac & old schoolers like Snoop Dogg, Warren G, Dogg Pound...mostly 90's West Coast people with a little bit of Bow Wow thrown in there. The main person I listen to is 2pac though.

Esperanza Spalding, Lizz Wright, Chrisette Michele, and Raul Midon.

i have a suggestion that may surprise you guys but trust me they dont sound like they used to and hey you may be a fan already! I suggest Hanson. They are such a great band and yes they are still alive and well! lol No they dont have long hair anymore and no Mmmbop is NOT their only song lol. They have been making music still for years and have numerouis albums out and are releasing their brand new album This summer! its called Shout it Out and its out June 1st! They just began fliming a new music video this past weekend for their new upcomming single "Talking about Something" and the video is paying homage to the Blues Brothers so yes they do dance in the video lol. Honesly Hanson is great and they do write their own songs and play their own instruments and they own and operate their own label 3CG records. Heres some songs you might enjoy!

*download links removed*

I hope you enjoy!! Also Hanson toured last year with bands HelloGoodBye, Sherwood, and SteelTrain who i also recommend! Hanson is going on tour this summer and are also going on the Bamboozle Road show for shows in May and only in May. See dates on Hanson.net!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not into modern Music at all but i would recommended everyone to check out Coldplay and Mika :D both artists are amazing songwriters and Musicians

Thankyou so much for your recommendations everyone! I am gonna check them all out! :D

Do you like Tori Amos? That's the only thing that I listen to at this moment, besides MJ...

Had to quote this and give a shout out to MattyJam who so kindly sent me a Tori Amos CD which I love! Reminds me actually I should get some more of her stuff. :D

i have a suggestion that may surprise you guys but trust me they dont sound like they used to and hey you may be a fan already! I suggest Hanson. They are such a great band and yes they are still alive and well! lol No they dont have long hair anymore and no Mmmbop is NOT their only song lol. They have been making music still for years and have numerouis albums out and are releasing their brand new album This summer! its called Shout it Out and its out June 1st! They just began fliming a new music video this past weekend for their new upcomming single "Talking about Something" and the video is paying homage to the Blues Brothers so yes they do dance in the video lol. Honesly Hanson is great and they do write their own songs and play their own instruments and they own and operate their own label 3CG records. Heres some songs you might enjoy!

*download links removed*

I hope you enjoy!! Also Hanson toured last year with bands HelloGoodBye, Sherwood, and SteelTrain who i also recommend! Hanson is going on tour this summer and are also going on the Bamboozle Road show for shows in May and only in May. See dates on Hanson.net!! :)

I had to remove the links, as copyrighted material cannot be posted for download on MJJC. :) I will check them out on spotify! :D

I'm not into modern music either, I'm more into listening those great composers, you know Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Debussy, Tchaikovsky.
If anybody can recomend compositions made by Bach or Debussy I'll appreciate it because I don't know much about their work.

Billie Holliday is an awesome performer, I'd like to learn more about her songs. Just know Blue Moon, Glad To Be Unhappy, In My Solitude and Lady Sings The Blues.

I had to remove the links, as copyrighted material cannot be posted for download on MJJC. :) I will check them out on spotify! :D

oh ok lol thats fine. If you want I can E-mail you the songs i posted. you can post it here or just PM me.

i almost forgot! heres more about Hanson in a thread i posted awhile back. heres the link to it and hoppefully you will get more of a idea on the guys and check out more of their music! here it is:http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77815

enjoy!! :)

Last edited:
Besides Michael...

I like to listen to The Monkees and groovy 60s music. I love Micky Dolenz and James brown alot.

Modern music Im not all that into except for Adam Lambert. His new album is awesome :)

I hardly listen to any current hip-hop stars but the main people I listen to are T.I, 2pac & old schoolers like Snoop Dogg, Warren G, Dogg Pound...mostly 90's West Coast people with a little bit of Bow Wow thrown in there. The main person I listen to is 2pac though.

oh I love Bow Wow too hes a doll :wub:

Right now, I'm feeling the old school scene. I've always listened to classical music and I still do. I feel its very timeless , has a strong connection to emotions and uplifting to the mind.

MJ, of course!

I've just rekindled my love for Guns and Roses.

and I'm having fun with motown classics too.

I'm not feeling the modern acts at all either. So yeah, I'm in a traveling time machine for now. lol

ok lets see.. Gin Wigmore - NZ chick. look up her song Oh My on YT or Hey Ho. they are both great.
& some really mainstream bands - Bon Jovi, U2, Bruce Springsteen, the Black Eyed Peas. Those 4 are my favorites after Michael

oo and Justin Bieber :D

KIDDING :fear: KIDDING KIDDING KIDDING lol

I'd recommend Amy Winehouse's first album whose title is Frank (haven't listened to the second one yet), and Big Punisher's first album whose title is "Capital punishment".

No offence to Lady Gaga fans but in one of her songs i notice her sing " rarr rarr rarr...gaggaagaa..hooolaalaaa" Lmfao..Even whats her name, the girl that sang the umberella song..she sang something like this "Umberella ella ella eh eh eh ..." LoL :hysterical: its like when they dont have any lines that go they make up their own words. In 10 years time, music lyrics will depreciate just to " ella ella gaagaa rarrr rarrr hoooolaaalllaa" :punk: Sorry didn`t quite help, but pearl jam is really nice, maroon 5 makes good music..Bobmarley, but then those are someof my favourite..definetly as someone above said that 80`s music rocks.. i second that.

^^ lol Bad Romance is a good song though. And the umbrella girl is Rihanna, who i don't like at all.
Another song that fits in with those is Blah Blah Blah by Kesha.. stupid song
♫stop talk talk talking that
Blah blah blah
Think you'll be getting this
Nah nah nah
Not in the back of my ca-a-ar
If you keep talking that blah blah blah blah blah♫

meaningful lyrics right there. her song Tik Tok is okay tho ;)

^^ lol Bad Romance is a good song though. And the umbrella girl is Rihanna, who i don't like at all.
Another song that fits in with those is Blah Blah Blah by Kesha.. stupid song
♫stop talk talk talking that
Blah blah blah
Think you'll be getting this
Nah nah nah
Not in the back of my ca-a-ar
If you keep talking that blah blah blah blah blah♫

meaningful lyrics right there. her song Tik Tok is okay tho ;)

:lol: oh yea Rihanna..lol..dammit how did i miss that blah blah blah song..thankx. I am very critical when it comes to music, to me it gotta make sense.. lol.

I've been getting into a lot of instrumental piano-driven stuff lately. (I'm sorry, that's really boring, isn't it? lol) I really like Ben Woods a lot. His music gives me a lot of space to think. There's also Frozen Silence, which is, again, thoughtful stuff.

I've been listening to a lot of Japanese pop music, but that's...rather diverse stuff, really. My favorite J-pop person right now is Ayumi Hamasaki. Her stuff is really rock influenced right now.

Besides Michael, I listen to musicals. So if you are interested in musical theater I'll recommend you something :)

So I'm totally uninspired with music these days...can't find anything that excites me. Can anyone recommend anything for me to listen to that you're feeling at the moment?

Depends what style you like really.Delphic are a new UK band from Manchester who do electro with guitars,the album is brilliant.

Also while searching for the spinners on youtube I stumbled across Joan Osborne.Think she only does covers but she's got a cracking voice.

Can't recommend Delphic highly enough though.

oh I love Bow Wow too hes a doll :wub:

lil_bow_wow1.jpg

Back when :p

bow-wow-2008.jpg

Now...near anough anyway :p

You remember when he first came out as Lil Bow Wow? Was only about 6/7 wasn't he? I love "Let Me Hold You" & "Shortie Like Mine"!

He's also pretty close to the Jackson family because of Jermaine Dupri.

I've been getting into a lot of instrumental piano-driven stuff lately. (I'm sorry, that's really boring, isn't it? lol) I really like Ben Woods a lot. His music gives me a lot of space to think. There's also Frozen Silence, which is, again, thoughtful stuff.

I've been listening to a lot of Japanese pop music, but that's...rather diverse stuff, really. My favorite J-pop person right now is Ayumi Hamasaki. Her stuff is really rock influenced right now.
Instrumentals aren't boring lol I love em.

Back