Buy invincible august 29!!!

I already own it but I might buy a new physical copy as I lost my one, fortunately I already put the songs on my computer.

Nice idea but I won't be buying. I already have multiple copies and I am very short of money this month. :(

not that i plan on getting into any arguments with anybody on how well the album sold, but safe to say, that the rumours that it didn't do well tend to clash with many testimonies of people buying multiple copies, and the reality that it went number 1 in its first weeks, around the world, prompting an mtv interview of Michael, by Carson Daly in 2001. what the media and some naysayers tend to underestimate, in reality, is the charisma accompanying MJ's music, in general, that enables it to have the power to sell without radio help. because most artists don't have that charisma, it is wrongly assumed that MJ needs radio help like other artists.

i have bought 14 copies of Invincible, and i will continue to download the album cus it's my fav. it has nothing to do with this facebook request. i was going to do it, anyway.

Wow- that's great- I bought 2 when it was released and bought another 2 for xmas presents this past Dec. I really wish I had bought all the colors available- I only have the silver and the orange.

Regarding sales - somebody in this forum said that if you buy mulitple copies it only counts as buying one unit. All I want to know is that the multiple copies I buy will count towards Michael's sales in soundscan or any other music chart. Do you know 144,000 or anybody out there?

Really? Wow, some of you guys are HARDCORE!

One copy of Invincible is more than enough for anyone. Why not buy another MJ release that you may have never heard before? Like the new Live at the Forum Jackson 5 album? Or "Moving Violation", Destiny, or Triumph?

I usually buy two, one for the house and one for my car. But sometimes I buy more as gifts. Never heard of "Moving Violation" except a few fans mentioning it here and there. I'll have to check that one out. thanks

I am going to, because I am planning to give my sister all MJ-related gifts for Xmas this year. She needs all of his CD's (she is on VERY limited fixed income) and videos and such. So she is getting a great big box of MJ for Xmas this year! So I'll buy Invincible for her on his B-Day. :) It's one of my faves and I'm sure she'll love it too (though I think Thriller is going to Thrill-her much more. ;)

I don't have a physical copy of Invincible, so I'll probably pick one up soon. I really wish I'd picked up a blue version when it was still available new, though! I was an MJ fan in '01 as well, and was really kicking myself when I realised after his death (or a year or two earlier, I can't remember now) that they'd been discontinued. :(

I am going to, because I am planning to give my sister all MJ-related gifts for Xmas this year. She needs all of his CD's (she is on VERY limited fixed income) and videos and such. So she is getting a great big box of MJ for Xmas this year! So I'll buy Invincible for her on his B-Day. :) It's one of my faves and I'm sure she'll love it too (though I think Thriller is going to Thrill-her much more. ;)

Aww thats a nice thing 2 do for your sister :), im sure she will love her xmas presents.

I don't have a physical copy of Invincible, so I'll probably pick one up soon. I really wish I'd picked up a blue version when it was still available new, though! I was an MJ fan in '01 as well, and was really kicking myself when I realised after his death (or a year or two earlier, I can't remember now) that they'd been discontinued. :(

I have it in blue, red, and silver....I wish I would have gotten the orange and green versions too....:(

why should I? I already own two copies of invincible...

I bought 5 copies when it was released. That's enough for me.

I bought 7... is there any other idea to make MJ NO.1 at B-Day???

i already got my 5 dif copies ha

i have bought 14 copies of Invincible, and i will continue to download the album cus it's my fav. it has nothing to do with this facebook request. i was going to do it, anyway.

Already got 3 copies I'm afraid.

I bought 7 back in the day too lol!

I have got 5 versions . . . 4 colour and the silver, think it is enough.

I've got three copies....i don't need anymore....:lol:

I bought 16 of them when it was released. Handed them out to friends.

Nice idea but I won't be buying. I already have multiple copies and I am very short of money this month. :(

I find this highly distressing. On the one hand, people owning multiple copies of Invincible (and other albums presumably) is a show of fan loyalty and solidarity but on the other hand it suggests that the fan base is not as big as it is assumed to be if it is the same people buying the album over and over.

I believe Invincible is the worst offender in this regard. It is clearly the nadir of Michael's career artistically and commercially. In 2001, Sony seemed to sense that Michael was in a valley in his career, by his standards, from which he would never emerge and thus adopted the attitude that the album would appeal almost exclusively to the dwindling fan base, at the time, and not the casual music fan. Hence, there was very limited promotion to the general public and the blatant attempt to fleece the fan base with that ridiculous gimmick of offering the album in different colors.
49fb9969.jpg

I find this highly distressing. On the one hand, people owning multiple copies of Invincible (and other albums presumably) is a show of fan loyalty and solidarity but on the other hand it suggests that the fan base is not as big as it is assumed to be if it is the same people buying the album over and over.

I believe Invincible is the worst offender in this regard. It is clearly the nadir of Michael's career artistically and commercially. In 2001, Sony seemed to sense that Michael was in a valley in his career, by his standards, from which he would never emerge and thus adopted the attitude that the album would appeal almost exclusively to the dwindling fan base, at the time, and not the casual music fan. Hence, there was very limited promotion to the general public and the blatant attempt to fleece the fan base with that ridiculous gimmick of offering the album in different colors.
49fb9969.jpg

Please don't over-react. None of us here bought 1 million copies of Invincible and stocked them in a warehouse. Members here are some of the most loyal and serious MJ fans, so it's not a surprise that some people here bought more than one copy. For instance, I want a copy at home, in the car, etc... I'm sure fans of other artists do the same thing. I know some MJ fans buy Michael's albums and never open the package. They want to pass the albums to their children because MJ's albums are simply CLASSICS.

I remember listening to an interview of Michael. When he's asked why there are 5 different color for Invincible's cover, Michael said he thought it's good for the fans to have some fun. If you like a record, you'll buy 5 copies even if it's the same cover...

Anyway, Invincible sold more than 10 million worldwide. It is more successful than 95% of albums released. One may argue it is not successful per Michael Jackson standard. But, Michael set the standards almost impossibly high...

49fb9969.jpg

well, i bought three copies cuz i wanted multiple colours...i could have bought them all, but i didn't...i had bought blue for myself, red for my sister, and just recently, i bought a silver one, cuz my blue copy was getting worn out...:D

I have bought at least 8 copies, all the colors, one forthe summerhouse, a couple to be at my parents house and most in my own place.

Please don't over-react. None of us here bought 1 million copies of Invincible and stocked them in a warehouse. Members here are some of the most loyal and serious MJ fans, so it's not a surprise that some people here bought more than one copy. For instance, I want a copy at home, in the car, etc... I'm sure fans of other artists do the same thing. I know some MJ fans buy Michael's albums and never open the package. They want to pass the albums to their children because MJ's albums are simply CLASSICS.

I remember listening to an interview of Michael. When he's asked why there are 5 different color for Invincible's cover, Michael said he thought it's good for the fans to have some fun. If you like a record, you'll buy 5 copies even if it's the same cover...

Anyway, Invincible sold more than 10 million worldwide. It is more successful than 95% of albums released. One may argue it is not successful per Michael Jackson standard. But, Michael set the standards almost impossibly high...

I love your response. I too have albums that I have not opened yet so that when the quality of the one I am using starts to decline, or it gets damaged, I can open another. I also give them out as gifts, and I know that I make up a very small percentage of the people worldwide who bought Invincible.

id like a red copy mine is orange and i think it looks yucky but the cd itself works so

If the album isn´t promoted then it´s mainly the fans who know about it and many casual music fans don´t have a chance to know about it.
You can say the fans helped to promote invincible when they bought many copies and gave some of them to friends and family.

If the album isn´t promoted then it´s mainly the fans who know about it and many casual music fans don´t have a chance to know about it.
You can say the fans helped to promote invincible when they bought many copies and gave some of them to friends and family.
and of course, Michael always had a lot of fans.

sometimes the vast number of fans is underrated.

so..if 'only' the fans buy something from MJ..that's more than enough.

I think it would be better to do the donation in his name thing than to buy another copy of Invincible. Michael Jackson as "big seller" is already established despite the fact that History and Invincible didn't sell as well as his other albums. Also, it's not so bad for there to be songs that only fans know about. (For me, Stranger in Moscow, Butterflies, and Whatever Happens are as good as anything he's ever done.) The donation on his birthday differentiates Michael Jackson fans from those of other icon types. Honestly, I think it also addresses the issue of character attacks based on two unproven allegations overshadowing nearly three decades of making and inspiring charitable contributions.

I will be buying some MJ albums on his b-day.

I brought the invincible album today as i cant go and get it on sunday. But boy was it a lil emotional getting it again

Last edited:
i will buy invincible if has new unheard demo songs or remixes on it
or new unheard hiden tracks
i have 1 copy of this album

Back