Butterflies

Cinnamon234

Proud Member
I don't care what the critics or anyone says about this album, but "Butterflies" is absolutely amazing. This is an absolutely beautiful song with some of the most INCREDIBLE harmonies and vocals I have ever heard from Michael or any singer in my entire life. Too bad it wasn't released or promoted right, "Butterflies" should have been a #1 SMASH. It still did well on the charts though despite the fact that there was no promotion. In my opinion, "Butterflies" is just as good as any of MJ's other songs. When I hear people say that Michael didn't make any good music after the 80's, I always laugh. Obviously they never took the time to listen to his later work, he's recorded so many great songs. "Butterflies" is among some of his best work to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAa7z5QdL4M

"Butterflies" acapella :wub::wub::wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpP5JqymcDY&feature=related

I don't think i've ever heard a more beautiful voice in my life. I imagine this is what angels sound like when they sing. Gorgeous vocals from Michael. God, I love that man. Miss him so much:(, but I don't want to be sad right now, I just want to enjoy his beautiful voice which is very comforting for me right now. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Michael's voice. I think his is my favorite of all time. He can do anything with it and sing in any genre. He's sooooooooo amazing.

Amazing song. I LOVE the trackmasters remix with Eve. Should have been a video considering the amount of airplay and chart position it got.

Yes! The remix is great as well. Eve's rap complimented MJ's beautiful voice so well. Eve was great in it!

Ive always liked MJ version WAAAAYYYYYY better than the Floetry version which is funny since they are the ones that wrote it and ol girl is singing the backing vocals. I think she has a tendency to OVERSING, especially live, but MJs version is really beautiful.

i watched this in a mj doc the other day. that mixed race british lady wrote the lyrics and she described what it was like in the recording studio with him apaprently he was v cheeky and she was nervous though. scared to tell him to speak up when he was doing it wrong

I fell in love with "Butterflies" on the very first listen. This song always gives me chills. Everything about that song is beautiful! This is a very sexy and sensual song! If it had the promotion it had deserved, it would have been a #1 hit for MJ for sure. "Butterflies" is my favorite track from Invincible.

Last edited:
One of the best ballads on the album for sure. It did peak at number 2 on the R&B chart in the USA, so it's not like it was a major flop or anything. It should have been a top 5 pop song, though.

has anyone got the version of butterfly which features floetry (the original band which released it)

has anyone got the version of butterfly which features floetry (the original band which released it)
That version was an extra track that was on a limited amount of CDs of one of Floetry's albums. It was just a demo, not a finished track.

Anywhere where we can hear the floetry/mike version?
have they commented on his death?

Oh i love Butterflies as well!
I usually really dislike lovey dovey stuff like this by any other artist but when MJ does it, i just melt. He can get away with all the things i hate just because he does it.

oh Butterflies
This song is the jam!!
You can put this song on now and groove to it, its one of those timeless sexy, love songs..and MJ's voice is brillant on this song.
I wasn't following MJ as closely during this time but when this song didn't get released as a single and no video I knew something was wrong....
R&B stations at the time were wearing it out..... It could have easily went top 5 or better on the pop charts with a proper release

I have come to the light. I, for a very very long time, did not like butterflies. But I recently fell in love with it. Now I git why Steve Harvey loves to play that jam soo much.

im not into his "newer" music as much but this is great, I like floetry as well

I believe with promotion, and a video to it, Butterflies would have hit number 1.

You got to admit.....for a song with NO PROMOTION from the record label....to hit number 2 on the R & B charts is amazing.

I don't care what the critics or anyone says about this album, but "Butterflies" is absolutely amazing. This is an absolutely beautiful song with some of the most INCREDIBLE harmonies and vocals I have ever heard from Michael or any singer in my entire life. Too bad it wasn't released or promoted right, "Butterflies" should have been a #1 SMASH. It still did well on the charts though despite the fact that there was no promotion. In my opinion, "Butterflies" is just as good as any of MJ's other songs. When I hear people say that Michael didn't make any good music after the 80's, I always laugh. Obviously they never took the time to listen to his later work, he's recorded so many great songs. "Butterflies" is among some of his best work to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAa7z5QdL4M

"Butterflies" acapella :wub::wub::wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpP5JqymcDY&feature=related

I don't think i've ever heard a more beautiful voice in my life. I imagine this is what angels sound like when they sing. Gorgeous vocals from Michael. God, I love that man. Miss him so much:(, but I don't want to be sad right now, I just want to enjoy his beautiful voice which is very comforting for me right now. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Michael's voice. I think his is my favorite of all time. He can do anything with it and sing in any genre. He's sooooooooo amazing.

Amazing Beautiful I loooooooooove this song.

I really love Butterflies...His voice is sublime in it....Absolutely stunning...

This song is incredible. I wish more people knew about it. (outside the fan community, of course).

Beautiful song. :wub: And I agree with you littlesparrow, it's a shame that it's not more well known.

I love the Invincible album!!

Ive always liked MJ version WAAAAYYYYYY better than the Floetry version which is funny since they are the ones that wrote it and ol girl is singing the backing vocals. I think she has a tendency to OVERSING, especially live, but MJs version is really beautiful.

I actually don't care for Floetry's version at all to be honest. I know they wrote the song and they did a wonderful job, but I think Michael's version is far superior.

ive been hearing reports, mj never really liked this song, thought it was very 80s and he done this already, is this true?

Back