Britney Spears

Looks promising. :)

*waits for the crazies to come in and start talking biblical ish about evil and the apocalypse blah blah blah like in the Katy Perry thread*

I would appreciate it if you apologized for such derogatory comments on some members around here. Whether rational or not their apocalyptic ideas, your comments are uncalled for, especially since you are basically challenging opposing views to manifest in this thread, as well as the people you call 'crazy', among whom I'm a part of and feel no embarrasment about. You are too wise to be stooping down to a low level, including one of bias, while simultaneously requesting for respectful, non or less partial inputs being expressed.. and non-hypocritical too. I realize that you are a big fan of Britney's, I was once as well, but that doesn't give you the right to insult other people in advance and in separate threads you are feeling more comfortable in, for not agreeing with you on her and certain topics in general, calling them 'crazy'. I realize some may take things too far, but that is what the music industry are doing, taking things too far, that people have the right to comment on and see it for what it is. 'Biblical ish' or not, the industry and their artists are very sarcastically embracing it these days, it's my and others' opinion based on the 'reality' that is displayed before us all.

Last edited:
I would appreciate it if you apologized for such derogatory comments on some members around here. Whether rational or not their apocalyptic ideas, your comments are uncalled for, especially since you are basically challenging opposing views to manifest in this thread, as well as the people you call 'crazy', among whom I'm a part of and feel no embarrasment about. You are too wise to be stooping down to a low level, including one of bias, while simultaneously requesting for respectful, non or less partial inputs being expressed.. and non-hypocritical too. I realize that you are a big fan of Britney's, I was once as well, but that doesn't give you the right to insult other people in advance and in separate threads you are feeling more comfortable in, for not agreeing with you on her and certain topics in general, calling them 'crazy'. I realize some may take things too far, but that is what the music industry are doing, taking things too far, that people have the right to comment on and see it for what it is. 'Biblical ish' or not, the industry and their artists are very sarcastically embracing it these days, it's my and others' opinion based on the 'reality' that is displayed before us all.

I can apologize but we will have to agree to disagree. See, I think that those exact beliefs and ideologies are very insulting to not only my intelligence, but yours and everyone else as well. I find it incredibly offensive, but you don't see me asking anyone to apologize. I realize you're entitled to believe whatever you like, but that also applies to me (and I think it's nuts). I don't understand how any intelligent person such as yourself could believe in such hokey nonsense. There is no conspiracy theory to be had. It's no different than any other trend in Hollywood. Hollywood follows what is hot. It all comes and goes in cycles. Thinking there is some bizarre satanic brainwashing conspiracy is just so corny to me. It's right up there with Big Foot and unicorns. A fun thought, but still myth. I do apologize for offending, but at the same time it is how I feel. I'm sorry for the tone I took. I can't help but have a hard time taking the topic of Britney, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, and their handlers as part of some big evil conspiracy, seriously. Come on! Just reading back what I types makes it even more ridiculous. You really can't see that? I do apologize, because I think you're cool and all, but at the same time I can't take it back. It's how I feel and you'll have to live with it. This is a music forum, not an irrational and superstitious conspiracy bible thumping forum.

Last edited:
Britney Spears' New Album "Femme Fatale" Debuts No. 1

For Immediate Release:
April 6, 2011

BRITNEY SPEARS'
NEW ALBUM "FEMME FATALE"
DEBUTS NO. 1

SPEARS IS THE FIRST FEMALE EVER TO HAVE
SIX NUMBER ONE ALBUM DEBUTS

New York, NY - This week Britney Spears triumphs with her newest album Femme Fatale (Jive Records) bowing at No. 1 on U.S. albums charts. The chart-topping entry makes Spears the first female ever to have six No.1 album debuts, and marks the second biggest album debut of the year. The album also debuts at No. 1 in Canada, Australia and Korea and enters in the Top 10 in 15 other countries.

The release of Femme Fatale follows the recent video premiere of the apocalyptic club thumper and Top 10 hit, "Till The World Ends" on VEVO. The video is currently on heavy rotation on MTV, MTV Hits, MTV Tres and VH-1.

Additionally, Spears is earning accolades with Femme Fatale: Rolling Stone magazine gave the album 4 out 5 stars and claims that "Femme Fatale may be Britney's best album...". The Associated Press adds, "Spears once again sizzles, and her flame burns as bright as ever," and People Magazine raves, "One of the best start-to-finish albums of her career..."

Femme Fatale is executive produced by longtime collaborators Max Martin and Dr. Luke. The iconic superstar, Britney Spears has sold nearly 70 million albums worldwide to date with her previous releases ...Baby One More Time (1999); Oops!... I Did It Again (2000); Britney (2001); In The Zone (2003); Blackout (2007); Circus (2008).
http://www.britneyspears.com/

Congtarulation Britney :cheers:

I bought the new album and love every track from Femme Fatale. But that's about it in support of Britney for this era. I love the woman very much and I know she's only human, but after seeing the Circus tour and her performances on GMA and Las Vegas last week, I think I will hold out on seeing her live this time around. To see a stiff woman on stage doing "arm dances" and just standing there stiff, I can't. I perfer remembering Britney when she was on the Onyx Tour. I know it's her med's making her perform like that, but I can't shell $50-100 to see her again, standing stiff while lip syncing. At least she use to be an incredible dancer and really showed that on stage back in the day.

The new video was realeased today Till The end of the World. I liked it.

Wow, she looks awesome in the new video! Great video for a great song!

I saw her new video today and thought it was kinda like her "slave for you" video....did any of u think the same?

Congrats Brit! Awesome video, for an awesome song! Loving this whole Femme Fatale stuff! :wub:

Rihanna and Britney did a remix of Ri's "S&M" together. I haven't heard it yet, but am interested to.

I am loving the Femme Fatale album very much and I am very happy with the last video. She is going on tour with Nicki Minaj. Very excited about that.

I'm not a Nicki fan but I am still excited about the pairing, because it will bring together two different types of fan bases which will be great for both.

Britney is yum again ... but I prefer both of her previous albums to the new one. Also .. what happened to her dancing?? She's gotten very stiff

Britney is yum again ... but I prefer both of her previous albums to the new one. Also .. what happened to her dancing?? She's gotten very stiff

I don't like to speculate too much, but it's been said that Brit has to take medication to curb a mental illness and it makes her movement stiff and robotic. Dr. Drew has said that bi-polar meds have that effect on people, and that is what Britney is rumored to suffer from. I don't care if she can't dance the way she used to, so long as she's healthy and happy. I'm sorry you don't like the new album as much as the previous two, but I'm still in love with it. Still can't get enough. :)

The new album isn't doing well sales wise is it?

It's doing about the same as most albums (minus the few exceptions). It's nearly gold. People are trying to make a big deal out of it though because it's Britney. Katy Perry didn't fly out the gate with huge sales, but it has hung in there and is now platinum. Only time will tell if it's a "flop" or not. It's only been out for a couple of weeks. People are too quick to judge.

I am glad she is doing better and seems to have her life together. She is a mom too so that's important that she is doing well.

She looks good in the new video but very stiff, but I think we all came to the conclusions that she is medicated for her bi polar. I think this is going to be the last album of her's. She has other priorities now.

This is her last contracted album for Jive. We'll see...

I think this is going to be the last album of her's. She has other priorities now.

Oh god I hope not!!!! I'm sure she'll renew her contract for more albums, she has to... we'll have to make her!! lol!! No but seriously, she always has the best sound for each era she goes through... somehow she's very much ahead in time when it comes to music, to me that's her biggest talent, she has an amazing ear for music, she always knows where to go through... even songs that are a bit kitch now, sounded hip during that period... she always knows how to grow with the audience musically... I love her albums!!

I can't wait for the tour... the stage design is finally out and looks amazing!!!

Oh god I hope not!!!! I'm sure she'll renew her contract for more albums, she has to... we'll have to make her!! lol!! No but seriously, she always has the best sound for each era she goes through... somehow she's very much ahead in time when it comes to music, to me that's her biggest talent, she has an amazing ear for music, she always knows where to go through... even songs that are a bit kitch now, sounded hip during that period... she always knows how to grow with the audience musically... I love her albums!!

I can't wait for the tour... the stage design is finally out and looks amazing!!!

Agreed. She definitely has an ear for great pop music. I believe Britney will continue to make music, but it's possible it could be with another label. I for one think that would be awesome. Maybe she could sign with Live Nation or something (since she's a big touring act). We could very well hear another side of Britney Spears if that happens. Britney, imho, doesn't get enough credit for her artistry (dancing, singing) and especially gets a lot of flack for not writing. However, the truth of the matter is that she does write but many of her songs don't make the final cut. Britney wrote a song on her second album (Oops!... I did it again), five on her third (Britney), 8 on her fourth (In The Zone), 3 on Blackout, 3 on Circus, and one on her newest fab album, Femme Fatale.

Britney shouldn't retire, I understand that she has a lot of going and has been working constantly for the past decade, but she's the only one that's left (for me) to cling onto. The media made a tragic figure out of her, but she always manages/ed to jump back, she's got this similar with Michael. Something about Britney and the way mainstream media treated and even now still treat her makes me fall for her even more than before. In that sense she is very similar to Michael.

Britney shouldn't retire, I understand that she has a lot of going and has been working constantly for the past decade, but she's the only one that's left (for me) to cling onto. The media made a tragic figure out of her, but she always manages/ed to jump back, she's got this similar with Michael. Something about Britney and the way mainstream media treated and even now still treat her makes me fall for her even more than before. In that sense she is very similar to Michael.

I agree. Personally, I hope Britney either renews her contract with Jive Records, or goes to another company like Live Nation as someone here mentioned. She could take some time off to be with her family and I would understand completely. But I hope that this most recent album is just the beginning of a new musical chapter for her. She deserves all the happiness in the world after everything she's been through. I wish her the best.

Last edited:
She looks good in the new video but very stiff, but I think we all came to the conclusions that she is medicated for her bi polar. I think this is going to be the last album of her's. She has other priorities now.

I certainly hope that isn't the case. I like her material, and I would like to see more of her in future. I've been listening to her since elementary school now, to see her retire would make me feel so old! In regards to her dancing, her health is the main priority, and medications to treat bipolar disorder have been known to cause significant muscle stiffness, and it would be unfair (and sort of cruel) to hold her accountable for her dancing performance based on that criteria.

We know she can dance, and talent doesn't just disappear overnight--so if she's not doing as well as she used to, it could well be because of the medication.

Anyway, the reason I came here was to post this:

Remember that commercial? Well, Britney's auctioning that outfit, and the highest bidder's payment will go towards helping Japan:

http://www.j-grab.com/auction/jp/page/c270709264/en/

I thought that was very cool of her.

Back