BREAKING NEWS: Wildfire near Neverland Ranch

Hot_Street

Proud Member
Amid the scorching temperatures, a series of blazes erupted Friday. One of the biggest is the Lake fire, which erupted Friday in the Los Padres National Forest north of Los Olivos in Santa Barbara County. Officials said it was burning through remote brush at a high rate of speed.
Fire crews are responding to a 4,600-acre vegetation fire near Zaca Lake northeast of Los Olivos Friday.

@andjustice4some

"For those who do not know, Sycamore Valley Ranch was the name for Neverland before he bought it, and now that Burkle owns it. An hour ago, the fire was really close to the ranch."

Q - Is Neverland OK?

@andjustice4some - "It doesn't look like it. Saying 0% contained at this point. Honestly, I'm trying to find information but it's hard."

Amid the scorching temperatures, a series of blazes erupted Friday. One of the biggest is the Lake fire, which erupted Friday in the Los Padres National Forest north of Los Olivos in Santa Barbara County. Officials said it was burning through remote brush at a high rate of speed.

Fire crews are responding to a 4,600-acre vegetation fire near Zaca Lake northeast of Los Olivos Friday.

The incident, now officially called the Lake Fire, was first reported at 3:45 p.m. and is in the area of Zaca Lake and Santa Lucia Road detailed the Los Padres National Forest.

It started near Zaca Lake and quickly grew. An evacuation warning has been issued for areas of Figueroa Mountain Road from the Forest Station to Chamberlin Ranch, officials said.

Firefighters gained some control over one that began on the Fourth of July and was threatening the town of Mariposa outside Yosemite National Park.

According to the Santa Barbara County Fire Department, the Zaca Lake Resort has been evacuated as part of the response.

The Road to Neverland Ranch is now closed and we will keep you updated as soon as we have more information. Hoping for the fire to spare the ranch.

The blaze was first reported Friday at 3:48 p.m. in the Los Padres National Forest near Zaca Lake, about 13 miles northeast of the town of Los Olivos. “The fire has been reported to be burning with a rapid rate of spread,” the U.S. Forest Service said in a status report on Friday.
Images and video clips shared on social media Friday showed the fire sending up smoke that loomed over the Santa Ynez Valley, a popular area for wine tasting that was made famous by the 2004 oenophile flick “Sideways.” The late Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch is also in this area.

If the Ranch was to be destroyed (praying it won't) we have to be grateful that recently it was restored to it's former glory and will look stunning in the upcoming biopic.

They will have some amazing footage of it looking beautiful and back to what it was like when Michael owned it.

Kern County Wildfire Tracker
@KernFiregraph
·
3h

For everyone wondering about Neverland Ranch, there you go. Words from someone who was actually on scene. #LakeFire

Lovarta_
·
3h
Replying to @KINGMJ7777777 and @KernFiregraph
they have bulldozed around neverland ranch and i was up by the roadblock last night neverland ranch will be fine but please keep the fireman who are enduring the heat from flames and the sun in your thoughts and prayers

andjustice4some - Michael Jackson FAN account
@andjustice4some
·
3h

This account,
@CleoRomapatra
, has realllly good insight on Neverland Ranch. I really want to thank her as well for her insight into this fire.

Cleo Roma

@CleoRomapatra
·
3h
Replying to @andjustice4some and @somemorena
This fire isn't getting a lot of media. With the lack of winds and high humidity I think they're letting it burn the surrounding chaparral like a controlled burn. Come fall the real threat comes with Santa Anna winds and zero humidity. This is a blessing for Neverland.

andjustice4some - Michael Jackson FAN account
@andjustice4some
·
3h

Make sure to follow
@KernFiregraph
as they report on the #LakeFire that is still near #NeverlandRanch . They gave us information that nobody else would, and we need to be grateful and support them.

O3i-WEXc_mini.jpg

Kern County Wildfire Tracker

@KernFiregraph
·
3h
Only reporting on the Lake Fire tonight starting now.

I just now found this thread and went right to the last post .... 😶

Thinking of Michael´s children who supposedly are still close to Neverland. I hope the fires will not take it away ... please .... not ...

Thinking of everyone affected by those California fires, this must be devastating ... I hope noone will be injured or worse.

Last edited:
I just now found this thread and went right to the last post .... 😶

Thinking of Michael´s children who supposedly are still close to Neverland. I hope the fires will not take it away ... please .... not ...

Thinking of everyone affected by those California fires, this must be devastating ... I hope noone will be injured or worse.
I was just checking online for more news. This is the latest update I could find.

Michael had all of this stuff in place, iirc. There's no reason to suppose that Ron Burkle wouldn't have similar procedures and strategies in place.

@zinniabooklover Thank you so much for the update, I couldn´t find anything myself ...
I know it's the season for wildfires in California but still ... really frightening. I can only hope no-one was harmed in all of this. I did one last search for info and found this which was reassuring as far as Neverland goes although, as far as I can tell, the fire is still raging. I hope the firefighters are doing OK, working in temperatures of 104 degrees sounds like hell. :(

EDIT - smoke at the gates of the ranch:

Last edited:
Last edited:
😟

@andjustice4some
"I've been here since 6:30 am. It's now almost 10 pm. I can't sleep so I keep updating. It's dark at Neverland, so no air tankers, only firefighters on the ground trying to save the ranch and others."

@andjustice4some
"It is nearly midnight here in California. I don't think we will get updates on Neverland for at least 6-7 hours, when dawn breaks. Please keep the property in your prayers/thoughts.£ #Pray4NeverlandRanch

Apparently there was a big wildfire in 2018 that got very close to Neverland but it was dealt with and the ranch was safe. Hoping for the same positive outcome this time.

Feel the need for a pretty picture of Neverland

@ScreenOrigami
"While MJ had the Jackson family’s Hayvenhurst estate completely rebuilt, he never made any substantial changes to his own house at Neverland. He kept it the way he had purchased it and even kept the furniture that came with it. He obviously loved it just the way it was."

Back