Blog Ask Who's The Ultamite Queen Of POP (Response To Rolling Stones Magazine)

When I think Of Queen Of Pop I think of a female artist who redefine the pop scene even though I'm not really a fan (i do find some of her songs catchy) Madonna deserves the title. She took risks with her music instead of sounding like the typical female pop star, she reivented her image, but most importantly she grown as an artist over the last 30 yrs. even kids who don't listened to her music most likely know who she is but cause she's a dominat figure in pop culture. Her work ethic is amazing , here's a young girl who moved to New york with only 20 dollars in her pockets to become of the richest woman in the world with a net work of 400 million I believe. She's the best selling femal artist of all time and Her music influenced lots of female artists today also. I know this young generation will say gaga , kate perry, britney etc should be the Queen of Pop but they haven't really been influential , proabaly set trends. You have to look at it like this, do you think artists from the future generation will look to beyonce, britney, katy, rihanna, gaga albums as the blueprint, no they would look to artists whose albums are timeless, that stood the test of time. Janet been influential with her music and dance videos also but i've always felt that her career never reach as high that it could have been if you understand what I'm trying to say . She was a megastar and a Pop Icon today but I feel her career could've reache the height Of Madonna. IMO Rhythm Nation was her biggest era, b/c she set a record with 7 top five signles, touch social aware issues, won loads of awards, innovative videos, biggest debut tour, all over the radio, MTV,BET

Back