Black Or White - 19Yrs Ago Today (Nov 14, 1991)

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Dangerous Inc - thanks very must for that first post. Brillian - really enjoyed it.

I fully remember the airing, it was during Top Of The Pops in the UK & I was so excited. I was 18 at the time and had been fan for years. It was so shocking.

Although I was a huge fan already, the Dangerous album was about to put me another league.

Unfortunately i could watch it 3 years later, not the complete version, I was 8 at that time.It was the 3rd video I'd ever saw.

Happy Birthday Black or White! :punk:

Oh wow, thanks for the thread. All the history and revisiting it fascinates me. The good old days huh? I'd love to go back.

Wow, 19 years since the video

The song still sounds current. You could release it today and it'd still be new. It's a testament to MJ's genius

I feel the same. This takes me back. So much anticipation! I can remember my jaw dropping during the panther scene extreme crotch grab! I loved the panther sequence though. Actually I loved the whole thing. The morphing was so new and amazing at the time. When the segment was finished, we just couldn't believe what we had just seen. Not that I am a nostalgic kind of person, but that does bring back great memories.....

Yes! :wild: I also love the panther sequence, is so perfect. :wild: This is one of the best videos of Michael. :punk: And after we had the Dangerous Tour. :wild:

Great posting. Nearly 20 years ago, unbelievable! I remember that I was surprised that the first single of a MJ album was *not* a duet.

BTW, on this poster there is a name and the title - KING OF POP.
It was 1991, not 1993 since when is dated the MJs so-called self-titling KOP...

Stupid tabloid..., we should refer to this fact on all articles on that issue...

6a01156f1b6b31970c0120a.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Black Or White - 19Yrs Ago Today

I wish I was a little older so I could have fully witnessed this.
I was just 2 at the time.
You can't imagine something like that happening nowadays.

:( Yes, those were good times.
I think I was only 5 when B&W hit the tv. The way I was first exposed to Michael was when my parents watching a news about Michael's 1993 molestation case :no:.

This is awesome, it's still my favorite MJ tune. My cousin said when i was a baby, i danced alot to this. I've been a mj fan for 18 years. That's awesome that me & Black Or White are same age

I was a month old during this time.... :(

I missed so much....

Anyways, HAPPY B-DAY to BLACK & WHITE!

God what a memory, I was only 21 back then, but I remember the excitement waiting for the airing on MTV. BTW, I also remember the Thriller video premiere in 1984..

Thanks

This makes me so nostalgic for a time I can just barely remember! Thank you so much for posting all of that.

I was 11 years old when this came out. I remember it was covered on the 5 o'clock news!

Black Or White is special in my heart.

Black Or White introduced me to the genius of Michael Jackson.

What a great great great video! I miss those days.

:sigh: Time goes by so quickly! Thanks for posting!

Those were such good times! I was only 20 and was on the edge of my seat waiting for the video here in Australia - what an amazing video. And it seems like only yesterday - I miss MJ so much. By the way, yesterday was the 19th anniversary of the release of the Dangerous album - and I got married yesterday as well.

I watched this premiere that night. FOX was on the 'Come-Up' then with great shows like Simpsons,Beverly Hills 90210,In Living Color,Let's see it was 1991 so I was about 15 -16 years old then. Another highlight in my life including Michael Jackson.
:wub:

Back