Black History Month: Celebrating Michael!!!!

On lifetime network:

Tia and Tamera Mowry talked about how Michael was there fav entertainer and how his dancing and singing influence them growing up.

I finally saw this yesterday( 3 times)!!!!! They made me laugh, they were so giggly talking about MJ and how they described one of them being the singer and the other being the dancer when they would try and imitate Michael's moves.

Cute and Sweet.

What a great way to kick off BHM!! :D
I havent seen anything MJ related but the things mentioned sounds wonderful!
He is definately a huge part of black history so its only fitting that
they include him. But. If it's good enough now, why not before 6-25-09?

Aw I wanna see the advert, I don't have that channel. :( I hope someone youtubes it soon, it sounds cool.

VH1 had a special on yesterday about Soul Train and while they were talking about dance styles they mentioned how Michael helped make "the robot" famous and showed the clip of the brothers doing "Dancing Machine"

Hot Damn!! Anybody elese forget its black History Month? Please don't be offended, I am african american and since our Michel's passing, I barely can remember my name or what day of the week it is.

This morning, as my 2 youngest were up fighting over the tv and remote, one of them turned to Nickelodeon and a new commercial came on! It was in celebration of our Michael for Black History Month!!!!! Have you seen it!?? It is beautiful!!!

It shows a boy very excitedly reciting an original poem for our Michael, and the Graphics and Images of Michael are breathtaking! He is dancing, doing his famous moves and it also shows a close up of the Glittery Glove. It finishes with Michael Jackson's name very large and bold!

I was blown away and very touched.

Can we put all Black History mentions of our Michael in this thread? Will that be ok with everyone?

Source: http//www.nick.com

This is great!!! :) Thanks for sharing.

VH1 had a special on yesterday about Soul Train and while they were talking about dance styles they mentioned how Michael helped make "the robot" famous and showed the clip of the brothers doing "Dancing Machine"

Sho' Nuff?

This has me reliving the 1970's!

I soooooo remember the "Robot" (dance).

And yeah! MJ did make that dance move extremely popular!

I remember those days!!!!!!

My daughter saw in too on Nick. She was very excited about it.

Well I just saw it and I must say I am very proud to see Nickalodeon a childrens channel promote this. Way to go.

You know that is exactly what I was thinking. It is great to see that a children's channel is not shunning Michael. This is great news all over!!!

BTW there is also I think either the cartoon channel or maybe Nick that has a cartoon - can't remember the name (my nephew watched it during the holidays) where the main characters have a classmate who dresses like Michael and dances like him too. It was great to see a children's channel embracing Michael. :clapping:

You know that is exactly what I was thinking. It is great to see that a children's channel is not shunning Michael. This is great news all over!!!

BTW there is also I think either the cartoon channel or maybe Nick that has a cartoon - can't remember the name (my nephew watched it during the holidays) where the main characters have a classmate who dresses like Michael and dances like him too. It was great to see a children's channel embracing Michael. :clapping:

Cool, I'd love to see that! :D Bet Michael would love it as well, he loved his cartoons :lol:

Not the best quality but here is the Nick Black History Month ad for Michael for those of us outside the US:

[youtube]cALnfLBfky0[/youtube]

Back