Black History Month: Celebrating Michael!!!!

Moddie777

Proud Member
Hot Damn!! Anybody elese forget its black History Month? Please don't be offended, I am african american and since our Michel's passing, I barely can remember my name or what day of the week it is.

This morning, as my 2 youngest were up fighting over the tv and remote, one of them turned to Nickelodeon and a new commercial came on! It was in celebration of our Michael for Black History Month!!!!! Have you seen it!?? It is beautiful!!!

It shows a boy very excitedly reciting an original poem for our Michael, and the Graphics and Images of Michael are breathtaking! He is dancing, doing his famous moves and it also shows a close up of the Glittery Glove. It finishes with Michael Jackson's name very large and bold!

I was blown away and very touched.

Can we put all Black History mentions of our Michael in this thread? Will that be ok with everyone?

Source: http//www.nick.com

Cool. I am expecting at least BET and TV to do something for MJ. I will let all know if I find out something.

Lifetime movie network has been paying tribute to him in between commercials. They have been asking celebrities who has inspired them. Jill Scott and the Mowry sisters (Tia and Tamera Mowry) talked about Michael Jackson. They showed pictures of his performances and the pics they showed were from the HISTORY Tour I liked that because most of the time during black history month they always show pics of MJ pre Thriller era.

Lifetime movie network has been paying tribute to him in between commercials. They have been asking celebrities who has inspired them. Jill Scott and the Mowry sisters (Tia and Tamera Mowry) talked about Michael Jackson. They showed pictures of his performances and the pics they showed were from the HISTORY Tour I liked that because most of the time during black history month they always show pics of MJ pre Thriller era.

Thats great! I'll have to watch me some lifetime this weekend!: )

Cool. I am expecting at least BET and TV to do something for MJ. I will let all know if I find out something.

My husband just said, he thought TVone already re-ran one of those specials they put together celebrating his music right after he passed? I didn't see it and don't know which one is he talking about? He can't remember the name of it?

They'll show it again.

Can someone post that Nickelodeon commercial? I would love to see that! I don't watch that channel anymore and since the Nickelodeon I loved died a long time ago I am not about to watch it all day and wait.

I saw this commercial on the Teenick network when my brother turned it on. I got so excited when I saw this! I've seen it a few times since. I'll try finding it on youtube.

My husband just said, he thought TVone already re-ran one of those specials they put together celebrating his music right after he passed? I didn't see it and don't know which one is he talking about? He can't remember the name of it?

They'll show it again.

I haven't seen it since Feb started, though they did one right up to Jan 31rst. (I watch those channels often, and I dvr'ed it this time). But I'll keep alook out and let you all know.:yes:

Thanks!

Awesome! What have people been saying?

Yes all the urban stations are having a black history moment in music about our Michael I did my own black history month report about him witch I will post in this thread

I know in a dept store I was in a few days ago they had a section set-up special for Black History Month in the Music dept. with singers from almost every decade including Michael.

There's a music commercial for Black History Month here in Canada too featuring Mike.... :)

They showed James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye and of course the King, Michael Jackson.

The true pioneers. They made the industry those new cats are now benefitting from.

Bow down, folks...

Bow down.... :D

I saw this commercial on the Teenick network when my brother turned it on. I got so excited when I saw this! I've seen it a few times since. I'll try finding it on youtube.

You saw it too?!!! Wasn't it breathtakingly beautiful? Boy, was I so proud of our sweet, sweet Michael. I had totally forgotten about Black History Month, shame on me.

I so wish, I could remember that boys original poem, so it could be posted but I was trying to wake myself up, then there was the fight with kids over the channel and remote, lol.

Can someone post that Nickelodeon commercial? I would love to see that! I don't watch that channel anymore and since the Nickelodeon I loved died a long time ago I am not about to watch it all day and wait.

Great idea, I hope someone can post it so all can see.

You are going to truly love it.

It will no doubt leave a lump in your throat or have you smiling all over the place.

The Graphics are awesome and the boys enthusiasim and poem are very touching, especially now.

I know in a dept store I was in a few days ago they had a section set-up special for Black History Month in the Music dept. with singers from almost every decade including Michael.

Thats cool.

I'm glad they did that.

Holy sh*t! I'm African American as well and I can't believe I forgot it's Black History month. :bugeyed Man, I've been so busy and stressed out about college work and everything. It's awesome hearing about these MJ mentions on TV about this month. Anyone got video clips of the MJ mentions? :)

Holy sh*t! I'm African American as well and I can't believe I forgot it's Black History month. :bugeyed Man, I've been so busy and stressed out about college work and everything. It's awesome hearing about these MJ mentions on TV about this month. Anyone got video clips of the MJ mentions? :)

LOL, so glad I'm not the only one. lol

Hurry up somebody and post that video(commercial) of the boy/poem and our MJ!

This makes me sooooo happy to hear, because I was getting very worried. I've seen quite a bit of BHM displays and commercials and all sorts of things, but no mention of Michael and that makes me feel really bad. :no: Maybe it's just Georgia? There's plenty of Ray Charles lovin', that's for sure. =P

My daughter saw in too on Nick. She was very excited about it.

Well I just saw it and I must say I am very proud to see Nickalodeon a childrens channel promote this. Way to go.

Last edited:
My black history report

Born Michael Joseph Jackson August 29, 1958
20gk8jo.jpg

An African American singer, entertainer sex symbol gorgeous male vocalist of our times honorable named The King Of pop do to his cross over from R&B to pop his music is made up of R&B soul, rock, pop and hip hop. He begin his legacy when he drop his album off the wall then came thriller one of the best most out selling albums of all time. Before his raise to fame he was well known as the lead vocalist of The Jackson Five a group made up of him self and his other four brothers witch included his younger brother Randy who join the group later on. After his times with his brothers he became one of the the best black male singers that ever did it in the music industry Selling out album, concerts and even shutting down malls any place he went to he gain billions of fans nation wide His dress style was so unique even owning his own publishing he was unstopable.
9k1gec.jpg

His live his life godly and humble he married twice divorce twice but the out come of his second marriage lead to two children he so rightfully wanted then came another gift a son from a surrogate. His battles with the media People who try to destroy Michael didn’t brake him it made him stronger and powerful then ever from his greatest love his fans. Blessed with his three blessing his children he became the worlds most greatest father’s very legendary and amazing. His charity work around the world paid off he had a heart of gold his love for caring for children was heaven sent his music and the way he touches that state is like no other just electrifying. He set the trends for the other artist such as Usher, chris brown, Trey songz and other black male singers who loved and study his style and music

On June 25, 2009 the world stood united as we lost a legend he leave behind his music, family, children and fans.

Last edited:
What an Amazingly Beautiful Tribute to our sweet, sweet Michael.

I am in tears now...

I love the sketches of him, did you draw that? Its perfect!

I just watched this really good documentary about Michael's influence on black culture. Just thought it would be appropriate for this thread. This is the first part

Awesome! What have people been saying?

On lifetime network:
Jill Scott talked about how her mother brought her the Wiz on DVD and how certain musical plays, movies, singers etc inspired her to get into Music. She talked about Michael as an artist as well.

Tia and Tamera Mowry talked about how Michael was there fav entertainer and how his dancing and singing influence them growing up.

LOL Can one of u guys post the Nick Commerical? I would love to see it to lol

LOL HAHAHA tell me why I just saw the Nick commercial!!! lol I saw the commercial it was nice. Nick channel gets an A+ for that, well done.

I tried clicking on the nick link but it says I need flashplayer grrrr. Can someone make it youtube friendly?

LOL HAHAHA tell me why I just saw the Nick commercial!!! lol I saw the commercial it was nice. Nick channel gets an A+ for that, well done.

I Know!!

Whoever would've thought Nick would do that! I am so greatful and in Awe of them. They are my new favorite channel, lol.

Back