Beyonce and Metallica's new tributes to Michael

beyonce that was beautiful!!! im crying
michael I can see your halo :(

I'm not a big fan of Beyonce but her tribute made me cry.. I will be at her show in Oakland Ca on the 10th I hope to post video of her tribute.

Everyone should listen to the Beyonce tribute. I find her to be very genuine. It's the only tribute that made me cry.

I do agree though about "suddenly it's okay to like mj's music and the man" - this p£s&is me off and makes me very sad.

Beyonce's tribute actually brought tears to my eyes. Metallica's was cool too, even though Kirk's playing is clearly a little sloppy (which is forgivable since it was a sudden addition), it's still really good of them to pay tribute to him in their set.

I'm still a bit too bitter to cry over some of these tributes. Maybe it's just me. This is certainly no diss to Beyonce or Metallica. I'm ranting about the larger scale of what's going on now after his death with the increased interest and skyrocketing music sales.

He knew we existed before he died; knew we loved, adored, cared, and supported him BEFORE he left this world.

We went out and bought his music BEFORE he died. We screamed outside the gates at the 2005 trial BEFORE he died. We wore tshirts with his pictures BEFORE he died. We sang his music BEFORE he died.

We fought with family members, friends and talking-heads on tv BEFORE he died. Some of us even made up songs or changed the lyrics to preexisting songs and sang them (in our own little worlds) to him BEFORE he died.

He didn't leave this earth without knowing how much he's inspired us. He knew he was like water, like air to some of us BEFORE he died.

Now people want to pay public tribute to him? Just in the nick of time, huh.

Seeing all this, I'm about a thousand times more bitter than I was before he passed away because I feel like all this is too little, too late.

We've been screaming at the top of our lungs about the importance of this man BEFORE he died. He got treated like $hit.

All of a sudden the rest of the nation wants to remember how important he was? In the words of my illustrious mama: That's some low-down $hit right there.

woot! I agree.

and I'm sorry I can't get with Beyonce, tribute or not...I'ma just go ===>

I Watched Beyonces a couple days ago, and i just started crying... its so touching...with the pic at the back and the lyrics... oh man, i shouldnt watch it again but i will! lol

the vid @ the start when shes so lil going to see MJ is so sweet!

wonderful beyonce,I love her,and MJ will always be the best
everybody knows that
and metallica did a great great tribute

OMG... I'm crying again!! Beyonce's tribute was beautiful.

Michael I can see your halo... you know you're my saving grace....
Michael I can see your halo... I pray it won't fade away

Michael your music won't fade away.

:cry:

Oh , Beyonce made me cry, as time passses i ask myself how is that this happened, how is that Michael had to die, Michael is gone, why?
i havent seen the metallica yet, im doing it now

metallica was good, but Beyonce she really believed in what she was singing, i have never seen her sing so well, its Michael's grace i guess, he was blessing her

How come this thread hasnt been moved to the tribute section like so many of these other threads have? (including mine)

I'm still a bit too bitter to cry over some of these tributes. Maybe it's just me. This is certainly no diss to Beyonce or Metallica. I'm ranting about the larger scale of what's going on now after his death with the increased interest and skyrocketing music sales.

He knew we existed before he died; knew we loved, adored, cared, and supported him BEFORE he left this world.

We went out and bought his music BEFORE he died. We screamed outside the gates at the 2005 trial BEFORE he died. We wore tshirts with his pictures BEFORE he died. We sang his music BEFORE he died.

We fought with family members, friends and talking-heads on tv BEFORE he died. Some of us even made up songs or changed the lyrics to preexisting songs and sang them (in our own little worlds) to him BEFORE he died.

He didn't leave this earth without knowing how much he's inspired us. He knew he was like water, like air to some of us BEFORE he died.

Seeing all this, I'm about a thousand times more bitter than I was before he passed away because I feel like all this is too little, too late.

We've been screaming at the top of our lungs about the importance of this man BEFORE he died. He got treated like $hit.

All of a sudden the rest of the nation wants to remember how important he was? In the words of my illustrious mama: That's some low-down $hit right there.

Thank U For Sayin This !

God Bless You

You are right, but Metallica paid tribute to MJ years ago on MTV when they won an Icon award. They played "Beat It". I thought maybe they played it because he should have recieved the Icon award first, before everybody since there wouldn't be an MTV without
him. They would have fell off soon after they started with that whack craop they were playingon tv.

LOL you make it sound like he was some washed up has been. In case you forgot Number Ones was very successful, and so was Thriller 25. You forget about American Idol, So you think you can dance, and America's best dance crew all doing MJ shows while he was alive. You forget about how him breaking records for ticket sales with his This is it tour.

MJ was huge when he died and now he's once again bigger than anybody else has ever been at any time in their careers, and he deserves that! I am happy and grateful for the outpouring of support from around the world. When a legend like MJ dies they deserve to be recognized in such fashion, and honestly I think the fans would be more upset if it hadn't happened.

Edit... It's not like were the only ones who bought his music before he died either. He is one of the biggest selling musical acts of all time, you know :)

Last edited:
I was at that Beyonce concert in Atlanta. It was very touching to see her doing that live. Beyonce really has genuine love for Michael Jackson:angel:

I've always liked Beyonce. I know that she loved Michael and looked-up to the man as we all did and continue to do. Before 'Halo' reminded me of my trip to Italy....now it has a whole new meaning.

Michael truly was an angel, he was a wonderful person. I always knew this in my heart, but now it's hit me even more so.

Back