BET Network Celebrates BAD25 on September 18th!

GreenEyes

Proud Member
BET Networks Celebrates The 25th Anniversary Of Michael Jackson’s Landmark “BAD” Album Short Films With A Two-Hour Special Tribute Premiering On Tuesday, September 18 At 8:00 P.M. ET*

NEW YORK, Sept. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ – On Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 8:00 p.m. ET*, BET Networks will premiere BET PRESENTS: BAD25 – THE SHORT FILMS OF MICHAEL JACKSON, a two-hour tribute to the industry-redefining short films emanating from the landmark Michael Jackson album, BAD, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary. The TV special airs the same day as the release of BAD25, available in multiple formats, which will include CDs of the original album plus rare and previously unreleased audio as well as the first ever authorized DVD and CD release of a concert from the record breaking BAD World Tour.

Partnering with Sony Music and The Estate of Michael Jackson, BET has created a unique and spectacular televised tribute to the short films from Michael Jackson’s BAD. Through photos, visuals and interviews with celebrity fans, cultural critics and contemporary artists who have been influenced by Michael, the special will take viewers on a fascinating journey celebrating the everlasting influence on the music video artform by one of the most historically significant works of modern music, BAD. The special will include interviews with Ne-Yo, Ashanti, Michael Eric Dyson, A$AP Rocky, Beverly Johnson, Affion Crockett, Al Sharpton, MC Lyte and others.

BAD is not only a multi-platinum album; it is a cultural phenomenon. The album was #1 around the world, made history with five consecutive #1 singles on the Billboard chart, and produced nine chart-topping singles, and nine groundbreaking and iconic short films, including Smooth Criminal, The Way You Make Me Feel and Bad. To date, the BAD album has generated over 45 million units in sales. The BAD World Tour was Michael’s first concert tour as a solo artist, and his only North American tour, and included 123 concerts attended by more than 4.4 million fans over sixteen months. When it concluded, the tour had shattered all previous touring records for attendance and total gross revenue.

BET PRESENTS: BAD25 – THE SHORT FILMS OF MICHAEL JACKSON reminds us, once again, that Jackson was, indeed, BAD.

BET PRESENTS: BAD25 – THE SHORT FILMS OF MICHAEL JACKSON is produced by Ducret Media for BET Networks with executive producer Tony Ducret and producer Amita Patel.

Join the BET PRESENTS: BAD25 – THE SHORT FILMS OF MICHAEL JACKSON conversation on Twitter by using hashtag: #MJBAD25; and following us @BET.

http://www.dailymarkets.com/stock/2...iering-on-tuesday-september-18-at-800-p-m-et/

Great promotion!!

I wish a danish channel would do the same!

Thats cool but I have Vision on DVD and more importantly, Moonwalker on Blu-ray. Also that day I'll have the 3CDs and new DVD as well as 3 vinyl set, I think I won't be watching BET :) .

Yeah, we already have all the videos on DVD. I don't see the point of really watching this.

We will not watch this maybe. BUT - some youngster who watch TV that day will see MJ videos and maybe discover the magic we've known for years!

It's promotion and a great way for people who does not have the DVD's alredy, and maybe do not know BAD25 is released to get them to buy CD's, DVD,s and BAD25 !!

The more MJ on TV the better !

I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this but it can't just be about us fans. I mean it's important to create new fans of Michael and new appreciation. I always see others on tv with their specials and so on. I remember when it used to be like that growing up with Michael. I sometimes check the tv guide like and see what BET and the music channels are playing. It's rare to see Michael there. And with this Michael isn't here and with Spike Lee's documentary coming on ABC I think it's really nice and great. No offense to anyone.

I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this but it can't just be about us fans. I mean it's important to create new fans of Michael and new appreciation. I always see others on tv with their specials and so on. I remember when it used to be like that growing up with Michael. I sometimes check the tv guide like and see what BET and the music channels are playing. It's rare to see Michael there. And with this Michael isn't here and with Spike Lee's documentary coming on ABC I think it's really nice and great. No offense to anyone.

I agree 100%

I thought it says it's going to have interviews and fans talking about the Bad videos? Or am I misreading this? lol

We will not watch this maybe. BUT - some youngster who watch TV that day will see MJ videos and maybe discover the magic we've known for years!

It's promotion and a great way for people who does not have the DVD's alredy, and maybe do not know BAD25 is released to get them to buy CD's, DVD,s and BAD25 !!

The more MJ on TV the better !

The more MJ on TV the better, I totally agree with that. I wasn't around during the early 90's to remember MJ Related TV stuff well but whatever Mike did back earned him a news story. If he turned up at Heathrow airport in England, He'd have a news story about his arrival!

I thought it says it's going to have interviews and fans talking about the Bad videos? Or am I misreading this? lol

No, you aren't misreading it. It says, quoted from the press release:

Through photos, visuals and interviews with celebrity fans, cultural critics and contemporary artists who have been influenced by Michael, the special will take viewers on a fascinating journey celebrating the everlasting influence on the music video artform by one of the most historically significant works of modern music, BAD.

I really don't know why people are thinking that the BET is only going to be showing a video marathon.

I wanna see it, but I can't since I don't have BET, I will set to PVR when I'm my family's next weekend since my birthday is next Saturday.

I hope Many watch this. Ratings = more MJ specials in the future. low stings= reduced chance of seeing MJ specials again. I will be watching.

I have BET channel with my SKY package but I checked their programs for the week ahead, there is nothing about Michael in their listings:(
Is it possible that BET shows different programs to different regions?

I have BET channel with my SKY package but I checked their programs for the week ahead, there is nothing about Michael in their listings:(

This is a national channel, so it should be showing to everyone that gets it. They have it listed as playing at 8:00 p.m. E/T, Tuesday, September 18th. http://www.bet.com/shows/bet-music-special/michael-jackson-bad25-quiz.html?ftcnt=HP_Shows What show do they have listed playing at 8:00 p.m. on the 18th on your BET guide?

If you aren't in America, maybe you get a different version of BET?

I must have UK version of BET. My program listing shows 106 & Park at 8 o'clock:(

I must have UK version of BET. My program listing shows 106 & Park at 8 o'clock:(

Wow, that's too bad. They should be showing this in the U.K. too. I don't get it.

I hope someone here has the capability to record this and upload it somewhere for all those who want to see it can view it.

Some fans that get this station have said they don't even want to see it. I don't get it. But whatevs.

Memefan said it best:
"I hope Many watch this. Ratings = more MJ specials in the future. low stings= reduced chance of seeing MJ specials again. I will be watching."

Makes sense, if people turn on their telly's when there is something about MJ, maybe networks realise there are room for more MJ specials, documents, concerts...........................................

Hope someone will upload this how so we can see it.

Did you check the programmes on after midnight. Maybe they put it on at some outrageous hour.

Last edited:
Hope someone will upload this how so we can see it.

Did you check the programmes on after midnight. Maybe they put it on at some outrageous hour.

I checked BET channel schedule a week ahead, not there:no:

According to my online tv listings they are showing it tonight. And because of this bad storm that my area is supposily is under. I am so hoping and praying that I don't lose power. It is only a one night showing. And I so badly want to tape it. And maybe also watch it as well.

Back