Best lyrics that Michael has written

I love the fact that so many people have listed "Stranger In Moscow". I would personally say that it is one of Michael's best and most highly underrated songs.

I agree, Heartbreak Hotel was one of his best lyrically.

Another is Whatever Happens. I just get chills listening to that song.

This is a very difficult question to answer but I will. Childhood is the best song written by MJ. The lyrics are personal and sad. MJ brings to light his soul. He gives us the wounds of his childhood.

Heal The World. Hands down for me. Beautiful beautiful lyrics.

And The Dream We Were
Conceived In
Will Reveal A Joyful Face
And The World We
Once Believed In
Will Shine Again In Grace
Then Why Do We Keep
Strangling Life
Wound This Earth
Crucify Its Soul
Though It's Plain To See
This World Is Heavenly
Be God's Glow

I agree about Heal the World - it's really hard for me to choose just ONE song, but there is something very peaceful and conversational about the lyrics. While I always liked the song as a child and teenager, it didn't start to speak to me until I was an adult. I guess in terms of the grief of his death, this is the one that speaks most to me. I can't really describe it. It's like I can imagine him just sitting there saying those things, not just singing them.

And it's so hard for me to remember he only gets partial credit for Whatever Happens because that song IS MY JAM and it's my second favorite on Invincible behind Threatened. The lyrics, story telling, and songwriting are just amazing, AMAZING and while it's definitely different from what he usually writes, that song has always blown me away.

He was so well-read and such a great writer overall. Face-to-face he wasn't always the best at on the spot, but given time and space to really express himself and put it down on paper or wax, he was truly gifted at it. I can vouch that my vocabulary increased as a kid because I listened to his music, haha.

I agree about Heal the World - it's really hard for me to choose just ONE song, but there is something very peaceful and conversational about the lyrics. While I always liked the song as a child and teenager, it didn't start to speak to me until I was an adult. I guess in terms of the grief of his death, this is the one that speaks most to me. I can't really describe it. It's like I can imagine him just sitting there saying those things, not just singing them.

And it's so hard for me to remember he only gets partial credit for Whatever Happens because that song IS MY JAM and it's my second favorite on Invincible behind Threatened. The lyrics, story telling, and songwriting are just amazing, AMAZING and while it's definitely different from what he usually writes, that song has always blown me away.

He was so well-read and such a great writer overall. Face-to-face he wasn't always the best at on the spot, but given time and space to really express himself and put it down on paper or wax, he was truly gifted at it. I can vouch that my vocabulary increased as a kid because I listened to his music, haha.

This. Especially the bolded part - very well said. Its like if you're missing MJ and you put on Heal The World, it'll feel like MJ's just coaching you through - giving you hope and optimism with words alone.

So many Too many :heart: I just cannot pick from decades of genius to be honest

Back