Best concert opener

What is MJ's best opening song at a concert?

• Wanna Be Startin Somethin

Votes: 47 26.0%
  • Jam

Votes: 114 63.0%
  • Scream

Votes: 20 11.0%

• Total voters
Jam! definitely :yes:

The first and second leg Dangerous Tour performances of it are great! Although, I prefer the '93 leg of the Tour, Mike added more live audio and updated dance routines for Jam.

A couple of examples are Jam from Fukuoka, Japan [Sep. 10th 1993] and
Taipei [Sep. 4th 1993] :)

Scream all the way. The spaceship, the gold outfit with the armor, the bass in the beginning. It just screamed epic all the way and MJ completely owned the stage and the crowd. Michael's dancing in Scream. It was like he was on a new level of performing.

I like Jam also, but it lacks the energy, the command like Scream holds.

"The doors are now closed, the stage is read for access" and then the first bassline of Scream and Michael taking of some of the armor, turning around and removing the helmet and then turning back to face the crowd to reveal it is really him. That was one of the highlights when he kicked the spaceship doors open. You knew it was him, but you didn't know still because he had the helmet on.

Jam!!!!!!!! By the way, I heard WBSS was going to be the opening song of TII =O

Oh god Jam! Tell me, who can possibly elicit that reaction by just standing there and it increasing just by him taking his glasses off? No one! Then breaking out into Jam suddenly-its awesome!

Oh god Jam! Tell me, who can possibly elicit that reaction by just standing there and it increasing just by him taking his glasses off? No one! Then breaking out into Jam suddenly-its awesome!

Yes, his charisma on stage was unique and breathtakingly amazing!! There will never be anyone like him!

SCREAM! The way that song start and MJ starts dances. So good.
Jam is second. No need to explain.

Yes! Go with Jam!

Jam is awesome, but I went for WBSS. Scream is a good song but not a phenomenal opener like Unbreakable would've been for TII, an Invincible tour or at least the MSG show.

wbss is my fav song, but jam is the better opener. the intro to jam is cooler. the glass breaking and "1,2,3.." suits more as a opener!

100 % Jam, it is so awesome, jumps up and stands there for like 7 minutes, and then BAM :D

can I say all of them ?? they are all the best for their tour. But if I had to choose one it would be JAM, although out of the 3 Scream is my favourite.
I think Unbreakable from Invincible could have been and AMAZING opener I could just imagine it :wild:

Jam is just amazing. When he stands there. Beautiful!! And when he spins and the fireworks on the side goes of. Goosebumps! :D

I voted for Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'.

I love Jam and Scream as openers, and the toaster entrance followed by him just standing there for several minutes is absolutely unequaled... But Startin' Somethin' is just that much more energetic :) he also seems to love dancing to it, and I think it's awesome that he was gonna use it as the opener for This Is It.

Jam definately, imagine how it must feel to be able to stand there without moving and have a crowd go crazy from just a slight turn of the head.

I like all.   However, I should choose. It is 「JAM」.   I wanted to see Michael's concert very much.   It is regrettable....

Back