Being an extra for "HOLD MY HAND"

Thanks for sharing! It's beautiful! Although Michael can't be there when shooting, you are so lucky to be one of them participating, spread his message and keep his legacy going. How wonderful it could be!

I loved your inspiring story Pace,MioDolceCuore! Michael was really encouraging you to 'have a little faith' wasn't he? I personally have had to take that Leap of Faith since Michael's passing. I laughed at your recalling the 'plane turing around and then 'Burbank you ARE on time-HaHa! And we know Michael had a sense of humor! I think he may have been playing with you a little! All joking aside, it sounds life the video shoot was amazing. I'm sure that the loving spirit of all the fans there will make this a truly meaningful interpretation of Hold My hand. I'm glad you were able to be a part of it and thanks again for sharing it with us.

Kim

Kim

Kim, oh yeah...love his sense of humor. Another time I was fighting 5 lanes of LA traffic and said, what the bleep is this little East German doing living in the US in the first place? What starts playing? Stranger in Moscow, haha. :rofl:

that's such a beautiful story, thank you so much for sharing.

do you mind if I repost it on another forum I visit (a russian one)?

That's cool! :yes::D I wrote it to share the joy and in the hope to maybe cheer someone up.

Last edited:
What a beautiful story, and what a beautiful girl you are.

I am sure Michael was smiling down on you all.

Love and peace.

Beautiful story, thank you so much for sharing
Can't wait to see the video. Lucky you :heart:

Wow thank you for your beautifull story. It sounds like all the fans there did Michael proud. It's good to hear after all the fighting I sometime see here.

And I also love your comments on how Michael is your James Brown. I think that goes for most of us.

Again, thank you for sharing a wonderfull story. I wish I could have been there too.

thank you very much for sharing.
I think Michael was there and could see the L.O.V.E.

Wow, what a beautiful story! Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Oh my .... Pace,MioDolceCuore .... you sure know how to get us to cry.

Thanks so much for sharing ... it's been a wonderful read & I love the photo's included.
Cannot wait to see this video now ... much love went into it I can see.
Those little golden ballet shoes & butterflies will come to mind when I eventually see it.

Precious!

First of all thank you, Pace,MioDolceCuore, for sharing this wonderful experience with us all.
Second: Pace,MioDolceCuore is italian...it means "Peace, my sweet heart". Can I ask where you get that name since I'm italian? Thanks again!

First of all thank you, Pace,MioDolceCuore, for sharing this wonderful experience with us all.

I'm glad I was able to share a little bit of the excitement and joy. We have so much anguish and fear floating about, I just wanted show all that joy that is there, too.

Second: Pace,MioDolceCuore is italian...it means "Peace, my sweet heart". Can I ask where you get that name since I'm italian? Thanks again!

I'm a big friend of the Italian language, it feels musical to me. I wrote a poem a while ago and 'pace, pace, mio dolce cuore' was kind of the opening line (and all that my sleep deprived brain readily remembered from my Opera Italian- you know, io manco, io moro, mio tesoro. :rofl:)

Io amo la lingua italiana, la bellezza e il suono. E 'bello come Opera nel mio orecchio. I'm sure I murdered that last sentence. :D

Thank you for sharing your beautiful experience in being part of Hold My Hand
I cant wait to see the video and I feel a sense of peace now as i know it will
be filled with the love of MJ fans and I do belive he was directing it from above.

Hi Pace,MioDolceCuore,

Thanks for sharing.:flowers:

Can you upload any pics from the shoot please. It would be so much appreciated.

I reread & see this:
We signed our live away on numerous sheets of paper and I personally respected the rule of no photography of the set or the shooting. I've been a good girl overall and nobody seemed to mind the extras photographing one another as long as we kept it to that- but being a parent myself I can't post pics of other people's children on an internet forum without their consent.

I will look for you in the vid. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It must have been an amazing day and I am quite sure Michael felt the love. Very fitting for the first single to have so much fan involvement.

i wanted to be an extra for this but couldn't make it. and i only live about five miles away. stupid job!

Thank you so much for sharing your story.

And this, which I quote below, was incredibly thoughtful of you, to take those items you wore in the video to Forest Lawn!! How sweet you are!

So my only visual contribution for the moment is the butterfly I chose to wear that day. (no pic from the set...)
49944_100001058436826_3506564_n.jpg

I actually had 2 butterflies, one that I attached to my bag- and the one that I wore. I also had 2 pairs of these little ballet shoes. I figured he'd like the golden ones. :cheeky:
155627_155834954461785_100001058436826_286117_6665000_n.jpg
(yeah, I am not only "rabid" and "die hard", I am also a FREAK, TMZ! :wild:)

The next day I went to Forest Lawn and brought Michael one of the butterflies and one pair of the mini ballet shoes from the shoot. He may not be with us physically, but I thought I'll bring a piece of HOLD MY HAND to him.

This one's for you, Maestro.

75369_155673537811260_100001058436826_285304_6638025_n.jpg

I attached some of the items from the shoot to the flowers I got for my visit.

155321_155673564477924_100001058436826_285305_4833083_n.jpg

^^^ Thank you. I know, that kind of stuff is definitely high on the cheese-factor, but why not. And I'm sure he doesn't need any physical mementos, the thought and sentiment behind it are probably enough- but I like to hold onto something too, when walking up that patio in Forest Lawn.

Last edited:
^^^ Thank you. I know, that kind of stuff is definitely high on the cheese-factor, but why not. And I'm sure he doesn't need any physical mementos, the thought and sentiment behind it are probably enough- but I like to hold onto something too, when walking up that patio in Forest Lawn.

No, I think it's beautiful that you did that.

Just wanted to add something...now that the video debuted tonight.

Something just crossed my mind.

Remember Kenny Ortega's words in "This Is It'.

"We have our video that is called 'Glimpses and Flashes.' And that's where light man comes out on the gantry, floating above the stage. And he'll be dazzling in video information [and open] piece by piece; MJ is revealed until he jumps out. And on Michael's command, we begin."

HoldMyHandShadow.png

Michael is Lightman and there he was, 'floating above the stage.'

Here's something and I hope I get this across. This image represents fans, each and every one who loves Michael.

If you noticed, the director opened the scene with fans. Not payed dancers, not somebody whose job this was. These are fans. Extras.

35449_1694932088539_1094918521_31841908_2090986_n.jpg

The opening are fans only. Fans like you and me on this board. This time fans opened for Michael while we heard his voice.

This was the last scene that was shot for this video that day. The last scene- and it opens this video. I am sure Mark Pellington did this opening for the fans and for nobody else.

This was shot minutes before the sun went down. We held balllons and we yelled at the top of our lungs "We love you, Michael."

This shot represents each and every fan- that is why FANS open that video, and Michael- Michael ends it.

Beautiful story! Thank you so much for sharing this priceless experience with us.

Here's something and I hope I get this across. This image represents fans, each and every one who loves Michael.

If you noticed, the director opened the scene with fans. Not payed dancers, not somebody whose job this was. These are fans. Extras.

The opening are fans only. Fans like you and me on this board. This time fans opened for Michael while we heard his voice.

This was the last scene that was shot for this video that day. The last scene- and it opens this video. I am sure Mark Pellington did this opening for the fans and for nobody else.

This was shot minutes before the sun went down. We held balllons and we yelled at the top of our lungs "We love you, Michael."

This shot represents each and every fan- that is why FANS open that video, and Michael- Michael ends it.
Danke. :angel:

It's beautiful. This whole thread is beautiful!

Thank you. *hugs*

HoldMyHandShadow.png

35449_1694932088539_1094918521_31841908_2090986_n.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing. Just beautiful. Here comes the tears.

What a beautiful thread PaceMioDolceCuore. All your writing is so touching and obviously from the heart. And thankyou so much for sharing your experience with us. Lovely lovely thread x

Back