Barack obama to attend memorial

I do not think this is accurate because Obama has just left for Moscow for a summit and then he goes to Germany.

I don't know if i believe that Obama's going to be there. I heard on one of the news stations yesterday that he was travelling from Russia to Italy in the next couple of days.

yeh obama is in Moscow at the moment...i would like the clintons to go though i know they were close to Michael.

obama is on a 3 country trip ...... how will he manage this?

Though I am of the opinion that he should attend, yes.

obama is on a 3 country trip ...... how will he manage this?

Though I am of the opinion that he should attend, yes.

he can return to the US before continuing his trip....presidents can make the most unusual trips, you wouldnt even believe

Mmmm, I just get the feeling that Obama wasn't much of a fan of Michaels. Not really sure he should 'get' to be there.

I prefer to see Bill and Hillary there because they actually knew him.

No, I do not think it is true that Barack Obama is going to the MJ memorial event. That is an untrue story.

He is in Russia right now in important meetings with the leaders there, and then he has other international meetings after that. It isn't being disrespectful, it's just that there really are global issues that it is important for him to communicate with foreign leaders with right now (e.g., the threat of nuclear missiles in North Korea).

^Yeah, I don't think he's going to be there either. This is being said with no offense, but there's no reason for him to be there. He didn't know him personally and given Obama's policies and attitude in general, I don't think he would be in attendance. He never issued an official statement, let alone going to the memorial service (not that this is a bad thing, I just think that's the way he rolls). He's busy overseas and even if Air Force One could get back to the memorial in time, I doubt he'd use up taxpayer dollars on such a thing. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be cool if he did go - it'd be an honor having him there. But it's doubtful.

But maybe he'll send a short video statement or something. I can see that being more likely, that is if anything like that were to happen at all.

dont believe everything u read. its all speculation and nothing more. u know like when 20 ppl are gonna me on the new album yet theres none of them in the end

Mmmm, I just get the feeling that Obama wasn't much of a fan of Michaels. Not really sure he should 'get' to be there.

lol you cant refuse the Pres. He has Michael on his ipod and he said he was a fan.

Its not up to us to say wither the pres "Gets" to be there or not. Like many of us. If he wants to go he will.

I really hope he will be there although he's in Moscow. If only to get back at my grandma who cannot understand the 'MJ fuss'

I really hope he will be there although he's in Moscow. If only to get back at my grandma who cannot understand the 'MJ fuss'

Please do not get your hopes up. Pres. Obama has an agenda set for tomorrow, and it is not in the United States. Whether he'd like to come or not, he honestly shouldn't. There are important things going on in the world right now, and he is currently overseas to ensure a strong relationship with other countries' leaders after the last president mucked so much of it up.

Would that really get back at your grandma, anyway? People from all over the world have gathered for this...isn't that enough to show that it matters?

im sure there are many trying to be there, schedules wouldnt have predicted this kind of event. :( im glad of all the names going to be there.

Stevie Wonder, Usher, Lionel Richie, Berry Gordy, Jennifer Hudson, Magic Johnson, John Mayer, Smoket Robinson, Brooke Shields.

Confirmed by the Jackson family, reported by Sky News.

The list that includes Obama, Whitney, etc. appears to be inaccurate compared to the official list put out by the family.

I doubt it. Obama has important matters to deal with. He is president afterall, so I hope no one criticizes Obama for not attending.

This is fake info like Hello mag..., and ridiculous!

this is just a memorial, not funeral!

Its going to be boring and ridiculous..., if there is no MJs body... in a casket.

DEBBIE'S GOING TO BE THERE TOO

"
Meanwhile, it was revealed today that Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe will attend the tomorrow's memorial service.
Former Jackson business associate Marc Schaffel told American breakfast television that Rowe was confirmed for VIP seats.
Rowe is the mother of Jackson's two oldest children."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-has-lost-a-legal-fight-over-Jackos-will.html

Debbie Rowe is not going to the memorial http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/07/debbie-rowe-wont-attend-michael-jacksons-memorial.html

Honoring Michael can never be wrong. I don't care if there was just 1 person there. It's the right thing to do.

Me too, I didn't think much of his "tribute". I know he has a lot of other things on his mind, but he seemed defensive. He could have tried to look sympathetic.

This is fake info like Hello mag..., and ridiculous!

this is just a memorial, not funeral!

Its going to be boring and ridiculous..., if there is no MJs body... in a casket.

Huh? You sound ridiculous. So what not having MJ's casket at the memorial means nothing to you? Are you serious? :(

Back