Bad Tour future releases??

Disagree very much. He seemed rather slow in Santiago. Plus it even lacks MITM (I think :scratch:). Show without MITM isn't a show for me lol. I'd better pick Mexico.

We should get an early show with the way you make me feel + bad and they can just incorporate dangerous from another concert.

If the Wembley DVD sells well then maybe they will consider releasing another concert LA or MSG would be the top contenders for me.

Most of the other artists I like have atleast 5 Live DVDs Michael has 2 if I had to pick another Id pick the Victory Tour concert Michael had filmed

I personally don't want another Bad tour release. We've had multiple first-leg concerts leak (Yokohama, Brisbane and Osaka are the main ones), not to mention the newly-released Wembley performance. Releasing another concert would be like releasing another incarnation of one of them. Imagine if the Estate released another DVD of the Dangerous tour with the EXACT same set list but an alternate country. It would be disappointing. I love the Estate for all they've done for Bad 25, and I love the Bad tour, but I think this is where they should leave it behind.

Also, JUST BECAUSE snippets have leaked of certain concerts DOES NOT MEAN that the Estate has them available. The LA concert footage was distributed for usage on TV stations many years ago. The Estate easily could have lost/accidentally destroyed the U-matics/master tapes. If you don't think that's possible, keep in mind that Michael's performance of BAD on film was used for a TV program in the '89, and they lost those masters.

The Estate has mentioned that they have multiple other U-matic tapes, but the audio is either damaged or unusable beyond repair. The only other solution would be to overdub the audio from another concert, and that would royally piss me and a lot of other fans off.

None of these shows were officially released, or even complete.
You have no idea what they have or don't have available to them, so it's might presumptuous to assume they don't have more.
Audio for the u-matics was not unusable. It's probably on par with all the other footage out there and is a FOH stereo mix, so it's not re-mixable. But certainly not unusable.

One question: If the Victory Tour does get released in the future, would the Estate have to share the profits with the rest of the brothers?

If I was in charge of any future Tour releases, my hit list would look something like this:

Victory Tour - Toronto '84, New York '84 (Well, anything but the early shows such as Dallas and Kansas, The show was too rusty at that point.)

BAD Tour - Why oh why are people requesting Yokohama!? We already have it in amazing quality (No, not the unofficial DVD that was sold in stores but Yuichi's tape.)

First leg shows such as Tokyo '87 (Silver shirt), Brisbane '87 (feat. Stevie Wonder BAD duet) and Sydney '87 would be a good place to start.
MJ's performances from what we've seen so far from those shows is superior to Yokohama.

Second leg BAD Tour shows such as Kansas '88 and MSG '88 would be great to see for the reasons already listed by others.
Personally, I'd like to get my hands on a copy of the Milton Keynes, U.K '88 show! The APOM clip available shows Mike in amazing form!

Overall, as far as the BAD Tour second leg goes, any of the late '88 U.S shows would be awesome and of course the January 27th, 1989 L.A concert is a must!

Dangerous Tour - Monza '92 would be my ideal choice for another first leg release. The amateur recording is spectacular! Imagine a Pro shot version! ;D
Monza '92 also included BAD and TWYMMF.

Tokyo '92 would be awesome too. The Munich, Monza, Cologne '92 set list returns for the final shows of the first leg in December '92 in Japan. The indoor acoustics sound great on the clips available.

Second leg Dangerous Tour shows like Bangkok '93 (Opening night), Fukuoka '93 and any South American show would be more great choices as far as I'm concerned.

HIStory Tour - My obvious choice for a first leg release would be Brisbane '96. For a couple of reasons:
a. I was there
b. Mike was truly 'on' that night!

Amsterdam '96, Sydney '96, Brunei '96 and Hawaii (Jan. '97, final first leg shows) I'd like to see released.
Second leg HIStory Tour shows I'd like to see in full are Milan '97 (MJ's mega spin during Scream and his amazingly cool performance of BOTDF) are two solid reasons alone for releasing this one! lol...
Munich '97 deserves a mention, only due to the quality available.

Finally, The final shows in South Africa from what I've seen look tremendous...So yeah, let's go with those!

I don't expect most of these to have any kind of big release, as I'm a realist. However, priced downloads from the Estate of these Tours I see as feasible. :)

If I was in charge of any future Tour releases, my hit list would look something like this:

Victory Tour - Toronto '84, New York '84 (Well, anything but the early shows such as Dallas and Kansas, The show was too rusty at that point.)

BAD Tour - Why oh why are people requesting Yokohama!? We already have it in amazing quality (No, not the unofficial DVD that was sold in stores but Yuichi's tape.)

First leg shows such as Tokyo '87 (Silver shirt), Brisbane '87 (feat. Stevie Wonder BAD duet) and Sydney '87 would be a good place to start.
MJ's performances from what we've seen so far from those shows is superior to Yokohama.

Second leg BAD Tour shows such as Kansas '88 and MSG '88 would be great to see for the reasons already listed by others.
Personally, I'd like to get my hands on a copy of the Milton Keynes, U.K '88 show! The APOM clip available shows Mike in amazing form!

Overall, as far as the BAD Tour second leg goes, any of the late '88 U.S shows would be awesome and of course the January 27th, 1989 L.A concert is a must!

Dangerous Tour - Monza '92 would be my ideal choice for another first leg release. The amateur recording is spectacular! Imagine a Pro shot version! ;D
Monza '92 also included BAD and TWYMMF.

Tokyo '92 would be awesome too. The Munich, Monza, Cologne '92 set list returns for the final shows of the first leg in December '92 in Japan. The indoor acoustics sound great on the clips available.

Second leg Dangerous Tour shows like Bangkok '93 (Opening night), Fukuoka '93 and any South American show would be more great choices as far as I'm concerned.

HIStory Tour - My obvious choice for a first leg release would be Brisbane '96. For a couple of reasons:
a. I was there
b. Mike was truly 'on' that night!

Amsterdam '96, Sydney '96, Brunei '96 and Hawaii (Jan. '97, final first leg shows) I'd like to see released.
Second leg HIStory Tour shows I'd like to see in full are Milan '97 (MJ's mega spin during Scream and his amazingly cool performance of BOTDF) are two solid reasons alone for releasing this one! lol...
Munich '97 deserves a mention, only due to the quality available.

Finally, The final shows in South Africa from what I've seen look tremendous...So yeah, let's go with those!

I don't expect most of these to have any kind of big release, as I'm a realist. However, priced downloads from the Estate of these Tours I see as feasible. :)
I want all the above and the unseen This Is It Rehearsals :)

Priced downloads: this is a very good idea and it wouldn't cost the estate a lot of money...and if they want to do official releases they can do a pre-order website to check if they will be satisfied with sales...

As the guys stated, any release from BWT is welcome: Kansas, MSG, Rome or LA and from DWT Munich, Rome, Monza, Paris...

The estate needs to be aware that MJ fans are dying to see a lot of other concerts...That's number 1 priority...
And YES, it's really a shame to have only 2 LIVE DVDs for the best performer ever...other performers have like 5 or 6 dvds released

have a trailer for each concert they have and do a poll on the official website and fans can choose the shows we want released

No we've got Wembley that's what we asked for but it seems people just ask alot more when they get what they want, you can't have everything.

No we've got Wembley that's what we asked for but it seems people just ask alot more when they get what they want, you can't have everything.

Why? If we are interested in it and pay for it, if it's financially worth for the Estate/Sony then I can't see why they shouldn't release what fans want to see. They are not doing it for free. It's their business.

If I had it my way, we'd get every single show in the vault released! Would take a collectors label though, because they couldn't all be mainstream releases.

I've said it before and I'll say it again and now that we got Wembley July 16th show, I wanted Rome 88' and Los Angeles 89' my personal choice.

I was thinking about the Bucharest show on DVD; how many concerts did they mix for that DVD? Anyone knows the location of these concerts??

Of course we can, we are Michael Jackson fans...they are the Michael Jackson estate. They have the stuff we want to see and hear, we have the money they want.

I would only agree to a certain extent that we maybe can come across as a bit greedy that we are already talking about other shows we want to see when we have only just received the show we wanted most.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure over time we can have everything we want :)

Triumph Tour Los Angeles 81'
Victory Tour Los Angeles 84'
Bad Tour Los Angeles 89'
Bad Tour Tokyo 87' Red Shirt
Dangerous Tour Munich 1992
Dangerous Tour Wembley July 30th 1992
Dangerous Tour 1993 (Any show that has Man In The Mirror)
HIStory Tour Brisbane 1996
Bad Tour New York 1988
Dangerous Tour Tokyo 1992

Give me them all baby....give me them all!

Victory Tour -

BAD Tour

Dangerous Tour

HIStory Tour

I don't expect most of these to have any kind of big release, as I'm a realist. However, priced downloads from the Estate of these Tours I see as feasible.
:)

tumblr_m8tnzpPnp61qgnwo3o1_500.gif

The estate do say they're monitoring fans, I'm hoping they print this out like a shopping list.

They can add the Triumph Tour to the list too.

I think their problem might be if they release too many of the same tour then it might be over saturation. Do other bands release tours via download?

The thing is, they have a large proportion of us who'd be willing to pay for these things. I don't know how many non hardcore fans would be interested in more shows, etc, but they've got a dedicated few thousand who'd pay for anything pretty much, which includes me...

I'm just curious as to what other releases they're planning on releasing considering they have a contract that ends in 2017 with I forget how many more releases, either 4 or 3 ?

This is a bit off topic, but does anyone know who owns the rights to the Steeltown recordings? Is this something the estate would be interesting in purchasing? I think it's important. Maybe I should ask in another thread.

I'm just curious as to what other releases they're planning on releasing considering they have a contract that ends in 2017 with I forget how many more releases, either 4 or 3 ?

I don't think it really matters. They'll just make a new contract. I really, really, really want us to get a collectors label for just MJ releases!

I think the only way the estate should release another Bad tour performance is if they have a show that was filmed with the purpose of being show on TV. If they only have footage that was meant to be shown on the jumbotron in the stadium, I would say don't release it. I know some fans like the jumbotron footage because it's basically a close up of Michael the whole time, but it gets annoying that there aren't really any wide shots where you can see the whole stage or the audience.

They should release every concert that was filmed in HD or on 35 mm film on blu-ray. And then they should make all the concerts that are too low quality available for download in the best quality they have (restored as best as possible of course, and as a file that can easily be burned on DVD). I know I would buy every single show...

Bad tour Tokyo opening night black shirt 1987
Bad tour MSG 1988
Bad tour LA 89
Dangerous tour Monza 1992
Dangerous tour Wembley 1992
Dangerous tour any 1993 show which has MITM
HWT Brunei 1996
Lol I suppose everyone wants HWT Brisbane cuz of that rumor of BJ being sung live? :p

Please no HIStory tours..........we all have them and when you have seen 1 you have seen them all (not talking about the ending of Billie Jean)

Please release a 1992 Dangerous Tour concert, he was so fresh and original there. He realy wanted to TOP the Bad tour.

Please no HIStory tours..........we all have them and when you have seen 1 you have seen them all (not talking about the ending of Billie Jean)

Please release a 1992 Dangerous Tour concert, he was so fresh and original there. He realy wanted to TOP the Bad tour.
I don't have the HIStory Tour. It was never shown on TV in the USA. I've seen part of it on Youtube, but nothing compares to watching it on a TV. I would like for them to release a BLURAY and DVD of it.

top 3 choices for a Dangerous Tour show would be Monza, Munich or Wembley! with a bonus of Dangerous & Man in the Mirror from Mexico 1993.

Triumph Tour Los Angeles 1981 Blu-Ray.

Victory Tour Chicago, Toronto or Vancouver DVD/Blu-Ray

HIStory World Tour Munich 3D cinema/Blu-Ray release and Brisbane or Brunei 1996 restored DVD & enhanced audio.

This is it Extended/Anniversary Edition w/ Heal the World, Will you be there and Dangerous as well as more footage of Michael at Center staging and Billie Jean June 24th (if this exists) etc.

Back