Bad Tour future releases??

tarakino

Proud Member
This thread is not about the Wembley concert...I've seen it nearly every day and it's fabulous...

On the DVD booklet there's a message from John Branca and he says that MJ left us with a priceless collection of these tapes (Bad Tour Concerts) but they choose to release Wembley because of the Multitracks.

The audio of TWYMMF on the DVD is very good too, it's not as good as the multitracks but still it's nice.

That makes me wonder about the audio quality of the other concerts, I mean if it's the same as TWYMMF why don't they release them??

I agree.I would welcome the release of other Bad Tour concerts as well.

Bad Tour is the best and they should release more concerts. New York 88 and Los Angeles 89 would be great to see.

Madison Square Garden 88, Los Angeles 89 & Yokohama 87 Blu-Ray would be great if they were to release a Bad Tour box set or any future releases I would choose them

The audio of TWYMMF is in multitracks the same as 16th's.

And I'm dying to see one of the Madison Square Garden 88 concerts. Michael's really fantastic at that time.

I personally don't want another Bad tour release. We've had multiple first-leg concerts leak (Yokohama, Brisbane and Osaka are the main ones), not to mention the newly-released Wembley performance. Releasing another concert would be like releasing another incarnation of one of them. Imagine if the Estate released another DVD of the Dangerous tour with the EXACT same set list but an alternate country. It would be disappointing. I love the Estate for all they've done for Bad 25, and I love the Bad tour, but I think this is where they should leave it behind.

Also, JUST BECAUSE snippets have leaked of certain concerts DOES NOT MEAN that the Estate has them available. The LA concert footage was distributed for usage on TV stations many years ago. The Estate easily could have lost/accidentally destroyed the U-matics/master tapes. If you don't think that's possible, keep in mind that Michael's performance of BAD on film was used for a TV program in the '89, and they lost those masters.

That makes me wonder about the audio quality of the other concerts, I mean if it's the same as TWYMMF why don't they release them??

The Estate has mentioned that they have multiple other U-matic tapes, but the audio is either damaged or unusable beyond repair. The only other solution would be to overdub the audio from another concert, and that would royally piss me and a lot of other fans off.

New release is EASY:

- A new concert like MGS or LA in best quality possible
- A CD containing demos & ideas
- A bonus DVD with studio footage and/or other random BAD era videos.

EASY.

The Estate has mentioned that they have multiple other U-matic tapes, but the audio is either damaged or unusable beyond repair. The only other solution would be to overdub the audio from another concert, and that would royally piss me and a lot of other fans off.

Fully agree with you. I guess the right choice for another dvd release could be one of the Victory or Triumph Tour.

Santiago 1993 is the best show of that leg, Triumph Tour on Victory Tour should be released. masters exist for both tours. it's just a matter of locating them now.

We know that 1leg and europa leg was shot by film reels.
I want Edited mix concert Paris/Wembley 15 on Blue Ray, like official video
Another part of me, Just Imagine The WHOLE CONCERT like in video ApoM !
That wiil be PERFECT BAD TOUR EXPERIENCE !!
I really don't want another POOR quality Dvd (with poor camera angles) or Yokohama
I want HQ Blue Ray and it can be only - 1leg and europa leg film reels.

I personally don't want another Bad tour release. We've had multiple first-leg concerts leak (Yokohama, Brisbane and Osaka are the main ones), not to mention the newly-released Wembley performance. Releasing another concert would be like releasing another incarnation of one of them. Imagine if the Estate released another DVD of the Dangerous tour with the EXACT same set list but an alternate country. It would be disappointing. I love the Estate for all they've done for Bad 25, and I love the Bad tour, but I think this is where they should leave it behind.

Also, JUST BECAUSE snippets have leaked of certain concerts DOES NOT MEAN that the Estate has them available. The LA concert footage was distributed for usage on TV stations many years ago. The Estate easily could have lost/accidentally destroyed the U-matics/master tapes. If you don't think that's possible, keep in mind that Michael's performance of BAD on film was used for a TV program in the '89, and they lost those masters.

Well, you didn't get my point here...The estate said the only usable Audio was for July 16th, what about July 15th TWYMMF?? what's the source of that audio??
I mean if the audio quality of the other concerts is equal to the one of TWYMMF then it is acceptable and one of these concerts can be released....

Maybe the estate could do a video of snippets from Michael as he travelled around each country on the Bad tour. There must be a wealth of material out there and the fans would love to see some as yet unseen footage. I'd like good quality rehearsal footage, behind the scenes etc. Great opportunity from the estate to not only make money but to delight us all.

They should release an exlcuive set of Live in Wembley DVD. A slip cover type. Something creative.

I just want as many MJ concerts to be release! :lol:

Triumph
Victory
BAD
Dangerous
HIStory
30th Anniversary

Just release them all!! - And more than just 1 concert from each tour!! :)

If they find the film reels of Bad Tour they should make worldwide movie theater release and dvd/blu-ray!

Most fans want new live dvds. They need to release other Bad Tour concerts too. There is not much they can release other than unreleased songs and concerts.

We know that 1leg and europa leg was shot by film reels.
I want Edited mix concert Paris/Wembley 15 on Blue Ray, like official video
Another part of me, Just Imagine The WHOLE CONCERT like in video ApoM !
That wiil be PERFECT BAD TOUR EXPERIENCE !!
I really don't want another POOR quality Dvd (with poor camera angles) or Yokohama
I want HQ Blue Ray and it can be only - 1leg and europa leg film reels.

If they have many concert that were shot on film they shouldn't mix them together.

Last edited:
Well they will be releasing MJ material for the next 100 years or so at least, so I expect to get at least one more Bad show. And probably many more than that. The next one may not be for a while though (hopefully not too long).

Santiago 1993 is the best show of that leg

Disagree very much. He seemed rather slow in Santiago. Plus it even lacks MITM (I think :scratch:). Show without MITM isn't a show for me lol. I'd better pick Mexico.

I would love to see Victory tour and triumph tour DVD or blu-rays released in the future.

I just want as many MJ concerts to be release! :lol:

Triumph
Victory
BAD
Dangerous
HIStory
30th Anniversary

Just release them all!! - And more than just 1 concert from each tour!! :)

:clapping:

If they find the film reels of Bad Tour they should make worldwide movie theater release and dvd/blu-ray!

:clapping:

Most fans want new live dvds. They need to release other Bad Tour concerts too. There is not much they can release other than unreleased songs and concerts.

:clap:

Might I add that the Estate should make all these releases within 20 years from now. Why? Well I can hardly imagine that Branca will be active much longer and he is a very important link to Michael because he knew him personally and worked with/for him and knows what michael wanted. Once he is gone or no longer into the business or capable/willing to be engaged to the Estate and somebody else enters the picture, things will change!

The next DVD releases should be from the Victory and Triumph tours. Mike was on peak performance and he sang it all live.

I want all the concerts, so I can enjoy Michael's performances forever (even the not so good ones. It's still Michael.) :p If audio quality is acceptable, then I think they should release them.

I am hoping for one of the very early concerts to be released, perhaps Kansas or New York. Vocally he was a lot better then and he sang Smooth Criminal live in New York, as well as singing Man In The Mirror live in Kansas I think? I get mixed up. My point is he sings a lot of the songs he lip synched later in the tour live.

Oh, and I am also hoping for Dangerous Tour Munich on DVD for Dangerous 25.

I am hoping for one of the very early concerts to be released, perhaps Kansas or New York. Vocally he was a lot better then and he sang Smooth Criminal live in New York, as well as singing Man In The Mirror live in Kansas I think? I get mixed up. My point is he sings a lot of the songs he lip synched later in the tour live.

Oh, and I am also hoping for Dangerous Tour Munich on DVD for Dangerous 25.

Me too. I would love Munich as part of Dangerous25, if they do a Dangerous25.

I'd be happy with any tour release. Just release it, please! :love:

Live material is so exciting. MJ was the best performer the world has ever seen - so it seems like a sin to not release his perforamnces!!

my ideas for future releases: Michael Jackson's This is it The Unseen Rehearsals, Dangerous Tour 1992 Wembley and Munich, HIStory Tour Brisbane 1996 and Munich Blu-Ray, Destiny Tour Blu-Ray, Triumph Tour Blu-Ray, Victory Tour Blu-Ray, Ghosts/Captain EO Blu-Ray, Moonwalker 30th Anniversary Blu-Ray with making of.

i want to see a high quality release of the Victory tour, and the other Jacksons / J5 concerts, oh and i would like to be able to see a good quality video of Michael and Stevie Wonder performing during the BAD TOUR : )

Back