Bad Tour ’88 voted Wembley’s second greatest event ever

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
In 1988 Michael filled Wembley Stadium for a record seven nights. The run brought him a record breaking total Wembley audience of 504,000 spectators. Now 57,869 people have voted for Wembley’s Greatest Event Ever. The results are in and Michael’s Bad Tour has been voted Wembley’s second greatest event ever.

British pop band Muse was crowned Wembley’s Greatest Event Ever.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Wembley/NewsandFeatures/2011/Wembley-greatest-event-winner-Muse

Bad-Tour-Black-Shirt-michael-jackson-13395705-790-1200.jpg

Muse over Michael Jackson, a band that totally rips of classical harmony, and fools people into way over rating their talent, oh dear, the world cup final is the only thing that i thought could beat wembley 88, how sad

Muse? :/ Really?

I saw them at a festival last year here in Sydney and they were boring to say the least... How on earth can they compare that to Michael Jackson?

What a joke. Ask the average person in the street who they would rather see in concert. Next to no one on the planet has heard of Muse. EVERYONE on planet Earth knows who Michael Jackson is.

What a rigged poll.

I feel bad but I don't even know who Muse are. I thought the soccer would have been tops because how people feel about their sport.

muse? MUSE? wtf............................................................

Muse? i guess cause they did a concert there not long back.football would have surely come first.shows how stupid some polls are

I at least thought Freddie Mercury/Band Aid would be top spot... but Muse?

How weird, I hadn't realized they were still even around.

If Queen was number 1 that's something i could understand but Muse?

Isnt muse the band that always does songs for the twilight movies?

I love Muse, not as much as Michael of course. But I think they are a very respectable band with some real originality.

I got really angry and then swooned over that pic - how distracting.

Anyway, muse is nothing in comparison to Michael, I've lost count of the number of times people have told me that MJ at Wembley was the best concert ever. What a rubbish poll.

I agree that poll must be rigged. The Bad Tour in Wembley should've been #1, I would also add that I think that Queen would be #2 and Farm Aid would be #3.

Isnt muse the band that always does songs for the twilight movies?

I don't know about Muse but Thom Yorke from Radiohead is there (his fans hate him for that decision :lol:), and Muse's singer sounds like him. yes, Muse are respectable, I even have their first 3 albums, but I got bored soon.
Anyway, I'm glad that at least Take That is not in the first place. :laugh:

Muse have a few good tunes but I was more worried about Queen taking the top spot from Michael, I've played the July 14th & August 26th concerts for my friends for them to understand why I keep goin on about the Bad Tour at Wembley and there not fans of Michael but are keen to see it now

i would love to of been to the muse concert if it was better than MJ's, i doubt it was to be honest

OMG im a fan of muse but i can't believe they beat michael AND live aid. i would've thought mj would've come second to live aid with queen, bowie, etc! grrr...

but then again, just like with the madison square garden poll- muse have their 2007 wembley dvd as visual evidence of what they achieved over two nights at wembley. we mj fans have NOTHING from his SEVEN NIGHTS at wembley 1988 by comparison.

therefore, this wembley 1988 dvd MUST COME OUT. TO TELL THE WORLD. THAT MJ WITH HIS 7 WEMBLEY STADIUM (NOT ARENA) SELLOUTS IS THE KING OF WEMBLEY. case closed until someone else solo beats that feat (so take that and queen don't count)

Although I like them to a degree, Michael Jackson > Muse.

Michael put far more effort into his shows than Muse, and the performances are more lively/touching than anything I've seen Muse do. For the sake of general info. Muse has only provided one song towards the Twilight train wreck, that one being "Neutron Star Collision," a great song which has nothing to do with Twilight or anything it stands for, so I am unsure as to why they selected it. I digress, however.

Michael was a one-man show, whereas Muse is a whole band, and yet he still has more talent and can deliver a better show than all of them put together.

So, IMO, the poll is somehow rigged. Even though Muse is a good band, the numbers [ranks, more like] don't make sense.

Muse the greatest tour at Wembley Stadium ? ............. that is a joke. The Bad Tour is the greatest tour of all time at Wembley Stadium, without question, and arguably the best ever event at Wembley (well I think it is). I could take it if Queen, Band Aid or the 1966 World Cup – England v Germany came out No.1. But Muse, have had no real impact in music or culture. Even Take That who make muzak (not music) have had far more cultural impact than Muse (in the UK), and I hate Take That.

wow, u ppl seriously have no taste. Muse are one of the greatest and most original bands on the planet, fact. Matthew Bellemy is an amazing singer and they are far from boring. I've seen em live 3 times (including this very show) and they got better and better everytime! Michael ripped of classical music too, and they hardly ripp it off when they write their own pieces do they. Before anyone comes back at me, NO i don'tthink they deserved to win this. The Bad Tour at Wembley is beyond amazing and no show will ever touch it (tti may have beaten it, but we'll never know) and should have won it. but i never thought it would. as other have said here, i thought the world cup would kill it, but i was wrong. Still, my point is have some f**king respect for other artists. Just cos u don't understand or like their style of music, doesn't mean they are talentless.

Last edited:
Okay why is Muse in first place ? I mean the Bad Tour if I'm right is the biggest Musical event of all time and 4M+ fans went to see Michael from all over the world how did this Band win but I mean we can accept 2nd but seriously Michael should have win

wow, u ppl seriously have no taste. Muse are one of the greatest and most original bands on the planet, fact. Matthew Bellemy is an amazing singer and they are far from boring. I've seen em live 3 times (including this very show) and they got better and better everytime! Michael ripped of classical music too, and they hardly ripp it off when they write their own pieces do they. Before anyone comes back at me, NO i don'tthink they deserved to win this. The Bad Tour at Wembley is beyond amazing and no show will ever touch it (tti may have beaten it, but we'll never know) and should have won it. but i never thought it would. as other have said here, i thought the world cup would kill it, but i was wrong. Still, my point is have some f**king respect for other artists. Just cos u don't understand or like their style of music, doesn't mean they are talentless.

How ignorant. Clearly, not everyone here is saying Muse are not talented. I, for one, happen to like them. However, they do not compare to Michael in regards to talent or quality of performance, despite being an entire band. Michael didn't "rip off" classical music. Ripping off is taking something and not adding anything original to it [i.e. Lady Gaga and pretty much anyone else who has ever tried to copy Madonna]. Michael did no such thing, and you'd have to be out of your bloody mind to argue otherwise. With that said, Muse have to have influence/inspiration from somewhere, right? Neither they nor their music are 100% original. Hardly anyone is, and certainly not within the last two hundred years or so. Even the most accomplished classical music geniuses had borrowed influences from somewhere--you expect me to believe Muse surpasses them as well?

Moreover, Michael wrote his own songs too. He was a visionary in far more respects than one, which is not anything Muse could ever claim.

Yes, Muse is light years beyond most mainstream music nowadays in terms of quality, and their songs do have relevant lyrics for the most part, but saying they're better than Michael Jackson and one of the most "original" bands is just preposterous! Rammstein has more interesting shows than they do, btw. :3

Moreover, to claim people have no taste when it comes to music because they don't like artists whom you happen to like is really quite stupid. Stating your opinions as fact is doubly so. With that said, you're allowed to have your piece, and so are we. Not everyone in the world likes Muse--deal with it.

Back