April 8, 2009 - News / Mentionings

MsSnoop

Proud Member
No NEWS right now: Working on the upcoming concerts - visits Vegas for ideas, no paps/media around, thus no photos - hopefully it was a successful trip!:punk:

Mentionings:

Mariah Carey, Jamie Foxx To Appear At Apollo Theater’s 75th ...

MTV.com -
... which has hosted just about every soul legend in its 75 years in business — Ella Fitzgerald, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson and countless others, ...

Famous Monster

DVDTimes.co.uk -
Others have paid tribute before - Ackerman has been cast in Amazon Women on the Moon, The Howling and even Michael Jackson's Thriller - but this is an ...

Leon Ware - The Sensual Minister - Celebrates Motown's 50th ...

Send2Press
There's Michael Jackson who as a child recorded Leon's "I Wanna Be Where You Are." And then there is Marvin Gaye, who would have been 70 this year.

If it ain't broke, don't fi x it: Cover songs

Retriever -
In 1982, Michael Jackson was on top of his game and so he released a hit that Chris Cornell couldn't recapture; ...

MJ Merchandising Memories...

okay - how about this original Dangerous CD album (3D style)

f74d_1_sbl.JPG

How many of you have this ORIGINAL released CD set - with the 3D design??

Check out the graphics on this 70's video.....

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1985 - The single "We Are the World" was the #1 Billboard Pop Hit.

[SIZE=+2]Michael Jackson Quote​
[/SIZE]

I Like The Feelin' You're
Givin' Me
Just Hold Me Baby And I'm
In Ecstasy
- Michael Jackson, The Way You Make Me Feel​

******************************​

Thanks for the news
Omg!!! that dangerous cd album 3D style looks awesome :wild: :wild:

No NEWS right now: Working on the upcoming concerts - visits Vegas for ideas, no paps/media around, thus no photos - hopefully it was a successful trip!:punk:

Mentionings:

Mariah Carey, Jamie Foxx To Appear At Apollo Theater’s 75th ...

MTV.com -
... which has hosted just about every soul legend in its 75 years in business — Ella Fitzgerald, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson and countless others, ...

Famous Monster

DVDTimes.co.uk -
Others have paid tribute before - Ackerman has been cast in Amazon Women on the Moon, The Howling and even Michael Jackson's Thriller - but this is an ...

Leon Ware - The Sensual Minister - Celebrates Motown's 50th ...

Send2Press
There's Michael Jackson who as a child recorded Leon's "I Wanna Be Where You Are." And then there is Marvin Gaye, who would have been 70 this year.

If it ain't broke, don't fi x it: Cover songs

Retriever -
In 1982, Michael Jackson was on top of his game and so he released a hit that Chris Cornell couldn't recapture; ...

MJ Merchandising Memories...

okay - how about this original Dangerous CD album (3D style)

f74d_1_sbl.JPG

How many of you have this ORIGINAL released CD set - with the 3D design??

Check out the graphics on this 70's video.....

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1985 - The single "We Are the World" was the #1 Billboard Pop Hit.

[SIZE=+2]Michael Jackson Quote[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2][/SIZE]

I Like The Feelin' You're
Givin' Me
Just Hold Me Baby And I'm
In Ecstasy
- Michael Jackson, The Way You Make Me Feel​

******************************​

I have many originals...still in the original packaging...:angel:

Not exactly about Michael, but I think this surely is MJ-related...?

The Beatles get a little Help as their original 12 studio albums are digitally remastered

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 11:52 PM on 07th April 2009

They have sold more than a billion albums and been hailed as the world's greatest band.
But despite their unprecedented success, it seems even the Beatles have room to improve.
Engineers at Abbey Road studios are digitally remastering all the band's original albums, which are set to be re-released in September.

article-1168360-05B50C650000044D-258_468x420.jpg

The Beatles, pictured here in 1964, have had their original 12 albums digitally remastered and the new versions are set to be released in September

It has taken four years of painstaking effort to go through 525 minutes of the Fab Four's music from the original analogue tapes.

The process involves creating a new recording from the original 'master', using modern technology to improve sound and iron out obvious flaws.
Mojo magazine's Mat Snow, who was last year invited to hear 10 remastered tracks from The White Album, fated 1968, said they were 'better even than we'd hoped'.
But some fans voiced fears that the band's unique sound could lose some of its sparkle.

article-1168360-045721B7000005DC-415_224x227.jpg

article-1168360-04572271000005DC-434_224x227.jpg

article-1168360-04572225000005DC-726_224x227.jpg

article-1168360-0457210D000005DC-632_224x227.jpg

Four of the original 12 albums set for release: From top left, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967), Abbey Road (1969) Rubber Soul (1965) and Please Please Me (1963)

Ernie Sutton, the treasurer of the British Beatles Fan Club, said: 'They need to try to keep the recordings as true to the original as possible but maybe just clean up some the background noise, especially on earlier recordings.

'But to clean the sound up too much could risk their integrity.'
Author Ray Connolly, who has written a biography of John Lennon, said: 'I have heard some 50s and 60s recordings from other bands that have been cleaned and somehow they have lost their excitement.
'But Paul McCartney is certain to have shown a very keen interest and will no doubt protect the integrity of the music.'

article-1168360-04459576000005DC-44_468x401.jpg

Surviving band members Sir Paul McCartney (L) and Ringo Starr pictured together in New York last week

The back catalogue, featuring all 12 original Beatles albums plus Magical Mystery Tour and Past Masters Vol I and II, will hit record shops on September 9.
Each CD will include the original UK album artwork, original and new liner notes and a minidocumentary on the making of each album.
The band already holds the record for most number one albums - 15 - and the new releases raise the possibility that they could occupy every spot in the album chart top 10.
The Beatles are one of the few big acts whose music is not available on Apple Inc's iTunes, but the settlement of a trademark dispute between Apple Inc and Apple Corps Ltd in 2007 was seen as finally clearing the way.
There was no indication yesterday whether the remastered albums will be simultaneously released on iTunes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...al-12-studio-albums-digitally-remastered.html

They have not sold a billion records! Geez the media go too far with their PR! If the Beatles sold a billion records, Michael Jackson would NOT have the biggest selling album of all time, the Beatles would.

They have not sold a billion records! Geez the media go too far with their PR! If the Beatles sold a billion records, Michael Jackson would NOT have the biggest selling album of all time, the Beatles would.

I cant agree more, but its an usual agenda by media, to boost the Beatles, and underestimate Michael Jackson! They do it purposely!

Arghhh, don't remind me about the Dangerous album. It was my first cd ever and since than I am a huge fan. Nevertheless somehow I lost the dics. Only have the album. Has prob. happend during a moving. I am thinking of buying a new edition but still hope to find it back.....

Thanks for the news! :)

I'm completely in love with this Dangerous 3D style... I have the regular version.

Does anybody know if OTW 30 is going to be released in the summer?

The last I heard is that it is meant to be released in August. As far as I know though no official date of release has been confirmed.

Michael Jackson show Thriller Live comes to Hanley’s Regent Theatre

Apr 8 2009 by Will Harris, Crewe Chronicle

THE Potteries will be ‘moonwalking’ next week when Michael Jackson celebration show Thriller Live stops off at the Regent Theatre in Hanley.

The high octane show celebrates the undisputed King of Pop and the Jackson 5, marks the first dedicated live experience of their work.

In a career spanning 40 years, Michael Jackson has sold an unparalleled 750 million records worldwide with the Thriller album still the world’s best-selling recording of all time.

Following the recent announcement of a 50-date stint at the O2 Arena, which sold all tickets within hours, this could be the next best opportunity to experience his music live and close up.

Thriller Live includes more than two-hours of non-stop hit songs in a show that boasts the world-class spectacle that marked their legendary live performances.
Fans can expect to hear a whole host of Jackson’s greatest hits, including I Want You Back, I’ll Be There, Can You Feel It, Beat It, Billie Jean, and Thriller.
The show runs from Tuesday until Saturday, April 18. Show start at various times and tickets are £12-£27. For more details and to book, phone 0870 060 6649 or visit www.ambassadortickets.com/Regent-Theatre.

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/e...es-to-hanley-s-regent-theatre-59067-23333445/

I have 2 Dangerous 3D CDs. One for play and one for my collection. Just the other day I was counting my CDs and I have 6 copies of Dangerous in various formats. I think that may be enough. Of course, Sony will release Dangerous, the BlueRay version, and Lord knows, I will be first in line to purchase it. I don't even have a BluRay player OR a stero system good enough to enjoy it. Thank God for quality headphones!

Isn't it strange how we (those who collect things) store away our VERY MOST FAVORITE things for someday later in time for what reason?? Money? Memories? I can't even tell you why. Perhaps it is a sickness. ?

The last I heard is that it is meant to be released in August. As far as I know though no official date:timer: of release has been confirmed.

I haven't heard a single thing about OTW 30:wild:. Is this a fans dream taking on a reality of its own:fortuneteller:, or is this something an insider knows for real is being released?
:punk:
If so, does anyone have an idea of what exactly would be added/improved upon? The version I have sounds perfect already. I would love extra material though and would gladly pay for added material.:2cents: I just don't want to purchase yet another copy of the CD. I have at least 4 CDs for EVERY MJ release (7 of Thriller) and really don't need to expand upon this. I mean, how many times can you change the CD only to hear the exact same songs?:tease:

Fill me in, peeps!

'stuff' is fun. I too have two copies of the above 3D Dangerous - one in original shrink wrap, and one opened....and I think another regular flat one, and probably one in cassette because that is the format my car had before I got a CD in the car...

No 8-Tracks of MJ...does anyone have any 8 Track tapes of Michael Jackson???

I don't have one - I found this one on ebay...... Double the size of a cassette, need a special machine...

I haven't heard a single thing about OTW 30:wild:. Is this a fans dream taking on a reality of its own:fortuneteller:, or is this something an insider knows for real is being released?
:punk:
If so, does anyone have an idea of what exactly would be added/improved upon? The version I have sounds perfect already. I would love extra material though and would gladly pay for added material.:2cents: I just don't want to purchase yet another copy of the CD. I have at least 4 CDs for EVERY MJ release (7 of Thriller) and really don't need to expand upon this. I mean, how many times can you change the CD only to hear the exact same songs?:tease:

Fill me in, peeps!

Apparently it is being re-released for its 30th Anniversary and it will feature unreleased material as well as some new remixes. There has been speculation that Rhianna, Justin Timberlake and Amy Winehouse have recorded new versions of some of the original tracks but none of that has been officially confirmed.

'stuff' is fun. I too have two copies of the above 3D Dangerous - one in original shrink wrap, and one opened....and I think another regular flat one, and probably one in cassette because that is the format my car had before I got a CD in the car...

No 8-Tracks of MJ...does anyone have any 8 Track tapes of Michael Jackson???

I don't have one - I found this one on ebay...... Double the size of a cassette, need a special machine...

I use to have that when I was a little girl, I don't think I do now, I might though I'd have to look!!

LOL I have an 8-track or a few :rofl: Yeah, I'm old :lol:

I also have the 3D CD still sealed in mint condition. Was actually cleaning my MJ Room today thinking I'd sell that one - how weird it's on todays thread.

MJ is on the front page of MSN UK today with the results on their poll on the best MJ song.

I have (had) a couple 8 tracks - Billy Joel, something else - but no MJ....but my stereo system plays records (large flat round discs with grooves); cassettes, radio and has an 8 track player!

lack of 'news' causes a search for creative discussions!

Technically they were still "The Jackson 5" just under a different name, lol.

Nope, come on let's be honest Jermaine's impact and Randy's impact were very differently the two groups were just two different entities music wise period so not it's not technically the same.

I have (had) a couple 8 tracks - Billy Joel, something else - but no MJ....but my stereo system plays records (large flat round discs with grooves); cassettes, radio and has an 8 track player!

lack of 'news' causes a search for creative discussions!

:rofl::rofl: That just made me smile!

Back