April 3 - 5 Weekend News Byte

Update:

MJ cxl'd the Criss Angel show - last minute - There's a few Vegas fans wandering around... He saw the early show of Le Reve @ the Wynn, but cxl'ed the late show at Criss Angel...

Anyway - on to finding some NEWS and MENTIONINGS for Sunday, April 5, 2009.

badera193.jpg

Retro Revue: Theatre Alliance's songs, dancing to take us back to ...

Winston-Salem Journal -

Anyone who lived and danced through the '80s will feel right at home with hit numbers in the show from such stars of the era as Madonna, Michael Jackson, ...

Why Madonna's still a material girl

Times Online -
In 1983 Stein recommended her to Freddy DeMann, Michael Jackson’s manager. Despite the fact that Madonna was still a virtual unknown while Jackson was then ...

Stamp of approval

AY Caramba! How could it have taken the U.S. Postal Service 20 years to issue a stamp celebrating that most irreverent and iconic of American families, The Simpsons?

Postal Service stamps have honored the famous and notorious from all walks of life, as well as causes, ideas, events, animals, and "things" ranging from folk art to Disney characters. Next month, it will unveil the artwork for five new stamps featuring Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie, stars of the Fox network staple and longest-running cartoon comedy series in television history.

Simpsons creator Matt Groening will do the artwork for the stamps.

The Simpsons, backed by a large supporting cast and a list of celebrity guest stars that has run the gamut from Michael Jackson to Tony Blair, have spent nearly two decades making fun of themselves, American society, and human foibles in general.

So tilt back a cold Duff and dream a dream of doughnuts (mmmmmm, doughnuts!), but do it quickly because this well-deserved accolade soon will become fodder for a future episode as well. D'oh!

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090404/OPINION02/904040325/-1/OPINION

badera312.jpg

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1985 - An estimated 5,000 radio stations around the world simultaneously played the song "We Are the World."

1986 - Janet Jackson's album "Control" entered the U.K. charts. It stayed on the charts for 72 weeks.

don't know about the photos...maybe - but remember, most of the photos come from the media / the paps...and Vegas doesn't have than many paps...unless there is some kind of red carpet / lots of celebrity event going on...

don't know about the photos...maybe - but remember, most of the photos come from the media / the paps...and Vegas doesn't have than many paps...unless there is some kind of red carpet / lots of celebrity event going on...

Thanks. You in which time Michael was watching the show? Someone is in the hotel where Michael is staying?​

cxl'd is cancelled.... sorry - guess I was in text mode:smilerolleyes:

Here is the 'official' release from the Las Vegas Review Journal newspaper... Norm's column.

SIGHTINGS
Michael Jackson and prominent choreographer Kenny Ortega checking out "Le Reve" (Wynn) on Saturday night ... Ortega was also in the audience at the Criss Angel show (Luxor) on Saturday. ...

http://www.lvrj.com/news/42491707.html

So that would have to be the early (7:30p?) show at "Le Reve" - maybe he was tired from the trip from Los Angeles...I'm assuming that he drove, and that ride can be boring.

Regarding the Vegas fans, I don't know if anyone checked into the Wynn (MJ's hotel) - some are just in the area last night / some work in the right places

The News is - Michael Jackson is in Las Vegas.... why, or when he's leaving...no idea...stay tuned :cheeky:

Some more mentionings:

The boy who broke from tradition

Livemint - ‎
A shy 18-year-old who lists Michael Jackson and Omarion, the American R&B singer and dancer, as his role models, Amit was raised in the gritty north Mumbai ...

Rock of ages

...revenue in the UK than recorded music, suggests a hunger for shared experience: are the million people who will see Michael Jackson play in London this summer looking for something similar to the 1.2m who go to Church of England services each week...
By Ludovic Hunter-Tilney, Financial Times

dangerousera134.jpg

cxl'd is cancelled.... sorry - guess I was in text mode:smilerolleyes:

Here is the 'official' release from the Las Vegas Review Journal newspaper... Norm's column.

SIGHTINGS
Michael Jackson and prominent choreographer Kenny Ortega checking out "Le Reve" (Wynn) on Saturday night ... Ortega was also in the audience at the Criss Angel show (Luxor) on Saturday. ...

http://www.lvrj.com/news/42491707.html

So that would have to be the early (7:30p?) show at "Le Reve" - maybe he was tired from the trip from Los Angeles...I'm assuming that he drove, and that ride can be boring.

Regarding the Vegas fans, I don't know if anyone checked into the Wynn (MJ's hotel) - some are just in the area last night / some work in the right places

But had not canceled the trip to watch the show of Criss Angel? I was confused now.

Michael must have seen the first time the show. And while we have no photos ...​

how do we know that he was going to see that show..how do we know that Robin Leach didn't just imagine it??

Fox News Fires Gossip Columnist Roger Friedman

No, this is not a late April Fool's joke, many independent outlets are reporting that Roger Friedman of Fox 411 has been fired from Fox News as of last Friday. The reason? Friedman openly admitted to having downloaded the workprint of X-Men Origins: Wolverine and dedicated an entire column to reviewing it (the film does not debut in theaters until May 1st). In the same column, Friedman continued his public praise of pirated films: "I did find the whole top 10, plus TV shows, commercials, videos, everything, all streaming away. It took really less than seconds to start playing it all right onto my computer... Later tonight I may finally catch up with Paul Rudd in 'I Love You, Man.' It's so much easier than going out in the rain!" The fact that the new Wolverine film is being distributed by 20th Century Fox makes Friedman's admission and encouragement of downloading illegal films all the more dumbfounding. While the original article was quickly pulled from Friedman's Fox 411 page, you can still view the original article, in its entirety, by clicking HERE.

MJJR.net Trivia: For more than a decade Roger Friedman has obsessively written many hundreds of salacious gossip stories about Michael Jackson. Even before he was hired at Fox News, Roger was writing about Michael Jackson in local New York publications. At times, he would publish two or more columns about Michael Jackson in a single day and continue this pattern daily throughout the week. One of Friedman's favorite stories to write about has been Michael Jackson's 50% stake in the Sony/ATV music catalog, of which Friedman has been proclaiming would be sold virtually every year since 2001 according to his "very inside sources." In 2005, Roger Friedman attended the court trial and, in fact, accurately reported on much of the testimony--more-so than many mainstream reporters. However, after the trial ended, Friedman reverted back to his old self and continued writing salacious and wholly unsubstantied rumors about Michael Jackson in a more obsessive and tabloidish manner than ever before. In 2006 and 2007 Roger dedicated many articles to talking about how Michael Jackson was deathly ill with a "failing liver...vomiting blood." He also accused Michael Jackson's then nanny, and in part Raymone Bain, of drugging him up and isolating him from everyone else. At one point Friedman blatantly flipped the truth behind the Debbie Rowe vs. Jackson visitation hearing, in which what he reported was 100% opposite of what the actual legal documents detailed. More than a few times Roger Friedman lifted news and documents from fansites, and had several fans deliberately feeding him news on a regular basis. Roger Friedman has long been the most compulsive Michael Jackson gossip writer, although tabloid sensationalist Ian Halperin has quickly approached his degree of obsessiveness. In 2006 he acted as one of the gossip sources that triggered PETA to file a complaint about the condition of the animals at Neverland; the USDA promptly investigated and confirmed there was no merit nor truth to these animal cruelty rumors. Needless to say, his stories will not be missed.

Thanks for the news and mentionings. :flowers:

I hope Michael enjoyed the show.

according to a fan, who knows someone who works at the Criss Angel show, MJ was supposed to attend - but called and cancelled.....that's all I know as I haven't been out and about, just in contact.

*throws some confetti on this thread for the latest news.*
Another one bites the dust. Heehaw!

Congrats to fox. Finally, they came to their senses and fired him. We are so done with him at last!!!

*throws some confetti on this thread for the latest news.*
Another one bites the dust. Heehaw!

...sadly..., Friedman wasnt fired because of his gossip articles about Michael, but!:
The reason? Friedman openly admitted to having downloaded the workprint of X-Men Origins: Wolverine and dedicated an entire column to reviewing it

there are millions of ppl who download films...:doh:
But now, he has less chances to spread his... "shocking news"!

there are millions of ppl who download films...:doh:
But, only Roger Friedman was idiotic enough to publicly announce that he had done so while also reviewing the entire film even though it doesn't come out in theaters for another month! It surely didn't help that he worked under the same parent company as 20th Century Fox (News Corporation), and was bragging about and encouraging illegal downloads of films including Fox's own productions. The only one to blame is Roger Friedman himself.

But, only Roger Friedman was idiotic enough to publicly announce that he had done so while also reviewing the entire film even though it doesn't come out in theaters for another month! It surely didn't help that he worked under the same parent company as 20th Century Fox (News Corporation), and was bragging about and encouraging illegal downloads of films including Fox's own productions. The only one to blame is Roger Friedman himself.

Exactly. He's the only public figure stupid to review a leaked and possibly unfinished film.

I have always been really wondering about such primitive failure of such "professional" journalists (people)!!!
I dont think that it was so simple!!! One film, one review??? Then get fired?
No, no, no... its too simple from such professional like Friedman. But HE IS FIRED!!!
THATS IT!

I just have to say it again

OH HAPPY DAY!!

Karma finally bites Roger Friedman in the *** :punk:

Good ridance _Im Thrilled :)

according to a fan, who knows someone who works at the Criss Angel show, MJ was supposed to attend - but called and cancelled.....that's all I know as I haven't been out and about, just in contact.

Thanks for the informations. But if Michael is in Las Vegas, another day he will attend the presentation. I saw Criss Angel website has presentations every day. It may still go.

Wow, you live in Las Vegas?:wild:​

:holiday::clapping: YES!!!! ROGER IS GONE!!!!
*partys like there no tommrow* :lol:

let's hope that RF stays out of the media -ie spreading rumors and lies - go crawl under a rug and we'll all be alot happier.

Karma, it's all about the Karma.

^^I know, ain't that good news?

“Come backstage after the show and show me some magic.'"
"and I showed him magic for three days." rofl

Fox News Fires Gossip Columnist Roger Friedman

No, this is not a late April Fool's joke, many independent outlets are reporting that Roger Friedman of Fox 411 has been fired from Fox News as of last Friday. The reason? Friedman openly admitted to having downloaded the workprint of X-Men Origins: Wolverine and dedicated an entire column to reviewing it (the film does not debut in theaters until May 1st). In the same column, Friedman continued his public praise of pirated films: "I did find the whole top 10, plus TV shows, commercials, videos, everything, all streaming away. It took really less than seconds to start playing it all right onto my computer... Later tonight I may finally catch up with Paul Rudd in 'I Love You, Man.' It's so much easier than going out in the rain!" The fact that the new Wolverine film is being distributed by 20th Century Fox makes Friedman's admission and encouragement of downloading illegal films all the more dumbfounding. While the original article was quickly pulled from Friedman's Fox 411 page, you can still view the original article, in its entirety, by clicking HERE.

MJJR.net Trivia: For more than a decade Roger Friedman has obsessively written many hundreds of salacious gossip stories about Michael Jackson. Even before he was hired at Fox News, Roger was writing about Michael Jackson in local New York publications. At times, he would publish two or more columns about Michael Jackson in a single day and continue this pattern daily throughout the week. One of Friedman's favorite stories to write about has been Michael Jackson's 50% stake in the Sony/ATV music catalog, of which Friedman has been proclaiming would be sold virtually every year since 2001 according to his "very inside sources." In 2005, Roger Friedman attended the court trial and, in fact, accurately reported on much of the testimony--more-so than many mainstream reporters. However, after the trial ended, Friedman reverted back to his old self and continued writing salacious and wholly unsubstantied rumors about Michael Jackson in a more obsessive and tabloidish manner than ever before. In 2006 and 2007 Roger dedicated many articles to talking about how Michael Jackson was deathly ill with a "failing liver...vomiting blood." He also accused Michael Jackson's then nanny, and in part Raymone Bain, of drugging him up and isolating him from everyone else. At one point Friedman blatantly flipped the truth behind the Debbie Rowe vs. Jackson visitation hearing, in which what he reported was 100% opposite of what the actual legal documents detailed. More than a few times Roger Friedman lifted news and documents from fansites, and had several fans deliberately feeding him news on a regular basis. Roger Friedman has long been the most compulsive Michael Jackson gossip writer, although tabloid sensationalist Ian Halperin has quickly approached his degree of obsessiveness. In 2006 he acted as one of the gossip sources that triggered PETA to file a complaint about the condition of the animals at Neverland; the USDA promptly investigated and confirmed there was no merit nor truth to these animal cruelty rumors. Needless to say, his stories will not be missed.
THANK GOODNESS. Lord Thank You. But I am going to hold my celebration until I know he will be hired NO WHERE. See how you can bury yourself when you dig ditches for others. ANd this came just in time before MJ tours.

Back