April 3 - 5 Weekend News Byte

mariemarie

Guests
Almost the weekend. It's just ours away! What are you gonna do? Anything exciting? Are you gonna watch some old legendary Michael Jackson concerts perhaps? Have a lovely weekend wherever you are and whatever you're planning to do. :cheers:

New Auction Site ROCKYBID.COM Launches; Hot Deals on Honda Insight, Michael Jackson Concert and Opening Day Seats At New Yankee Stadium

New York, NY (PRWEB) April 3, 2009 -- Rockybid.com announced the launch of its innovative online auction website Yesterday, with the brand new Honda Insight, floor seats for the opening night of Michael Jackson's sold-out final concert series in London and tickets to the Opening Game at the new Yankee Stadium among the first items that will be auctioned off at deeply discounted prices up to 90% off of retail.

Among the other items that will be auctioned off at significant discounts on the site are brand new flat screen TVs, digital cameras, Nintendo Wiis, iPods, cell phones, GPS systems, vacation packages, laptops, netbooks, PCs and Sony Playstations.

"We provide a shopping experience like none other and our prices on top-of-the-line products are out of this world," said Rockybid co-founder Isaac Grossman. "Amidst the worst economic downturn in U.S. history since the Great Depression, we are thrilled to offer consumers the opportunity to purchase some of today's hottest electronics, computers, vacation packages, sports and event tickets, and even cars at unprecedented (unbelievable) discounts through Rockybid's online auctions. We combine the benefits of e-commerce and online auctions to create a thrilling site and exclusive shopping environment."

Unlike e-Bay and other traditional auction sites, Rockybid's auction strategy starts sale items off at $0 and sets a time limit for auctions. Each time a bid is placed, the price increases by just $0.01 or $0.15, depending on the auction, and 15 seconds are added to the auction countdown clock. The winner of the auction is the last person to bid when the timer reaches zero. Rockybid costumers pay just $0.75 per bid, a minimal fee that allows the site to auction off top-of-the-line products at such extraordinary discounts.

As an added bonus, Rockybid allows its registered users to transfer money spent on losing bids towards the purchase price of a winning auction within 30 days. The site also offers reward points for purchased bids that can be redeemed for prizes such as flat screen TVs, Nintendo Wiis and gift cards to stores, online shopping sites and hotels including Best Buy, Home Depot, Target, Marriott and Amazon.com.

"There are no losers on Rockybid.com," said co-founder Gilbert Merdinger.

"By allowing consumers to earn rewards from money spent on auction bids and to put those expenditures toward the purchase of future auction products, we hope to make Rockybid.com the premiere destination for shoppers seeking huge discounts on must-have products they couldn't otherwise afford."

Rockybid's auction of two field box seat for the New York Yankees vs. Cleveland Indians opening game on April 16, the first season game to be played at the much-anticipated new Yankee stadium, successfully closed April 2nd at 8 p.m. A second set of tickets is scheduled to close on Friday, April 3rd at 8pm. Opening day at Yankee stadium is always a memorable experience, but the first game of the Inaugural Season in the Yankees' new home is one of the most anticipated sporting events in New York City in years. With the game nearly sold out and no field box tickets left, the Yankees Tickets, valued at $800 retail, are certain to a be a big hit on the site.

So too will the Michael Jackson floor seats at the O2 arena, which are part of a six-day vacation package to London for two that includes airfare, five nights at a four-star hotel and six-day London Passes, which grant entry to over 55 attractions including the Tower of London, Windsor
Castle and Kensington Palace. With all 50 of Jackson's concerts sold out, the July 8 opening night tickets to Jackson's first concert tour in a decade and his last in London, are expected to draw significant traffic to the site. The Michael Jackson vacation package auction, valued at $12,000 retail, is scheduled to close May 30 at 10:00 p.m.

The Honda Insight five-door hatchback is the latest hybrid vehicle to hit the market. It just became available for purchase last week and rolls into

Honda showrooms on Earth Day, April 22. With a purchase price of just under $20,000, it is expected to be a strong seller amongst cost-conscious consumers in the current economic environment. The Honda Insight auction is set to close May 17 at 6:30 p.m.

Rockybid has just launched in the U.S. and the U.K., but is planning to expand to Australia next week and to other European countries in the near future. It is running a national ad campaign on Dish Network, which reaches over 14 million viewers in the U.S., with 160 spots airing over the next two weeks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20090...pdHFtBF9TAzIxNTExMDUEZW1haWxJZAMxMjM4NzU1MTY4

“I wake up from dreams and go "Wow, put this down on paper." The whole thing is strange. You hear the words, everything is right there in front of your face . . .” Michael Jackson

Top Flintshire teen singer aims to follow Michael Jackson's footsteps

A TEENAGER who sang his heart out for his grandparents also won the hearts of the judges at a talent competition.
When Nathan Lloyd, 19, sang It's Hard to Speak to my Heart from the hit Broadway musical, Parade, the classically trained singer marked his last performance in the junior ranks.

Nathan, who lives in Flint, entered the North Wales Musical Theatre Young Singers competition for the final time, and nine years of hard work and dedication paid off when he won first prize.

Nathan, who is in his second year studying at the Hammond School in Chester, has dreams of becoming a West End star or a successful recording artist like his idols Maria Carey and Michael Jackson.

He said: "It was an amazing experience for me. It just doesn't get any better than to be able to give to the audience a truly gripping song, and show my character's emotions through my performance. Music is my life."

Full story http://www.eveningleader.co.uk/news/Top-Flintshire-teen-singer-aims.5137583.jp

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1998 - Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe's daughter, Paris Michael Katherine Jackson was born.

sunflowers_button.jpg

Last edited:
Apr. 03, 2009
Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

NORM: Jackson may be pursuing magic

Is Michael Jackson back in Las Vegas on a magic-scouting mission?

When word leaked Thursday that Jackson was planning to attend Criss Angel's "Believe" show at the Luxor on Saturday, I tracked down Majestik Magnificent, a friend of Jackson's since they met through magic in 1981.

Muhammad Ali introduced them at Lena Horne's show at the Pantages Theater in Los Angeles.
"I was sitting right next to Michael and didn't know it," said Magnificent, who has lived in Las Vegas since the mid 1990s.
As Ali and Jackson bantered back and forth, with Magnificent in the middle, he was out of the loop until Ali said the magic words.
"When Ali told him I did magic, it was like a light bulb went off. 'He (Jackson) said, 'Come backstage after the show and show me some magic.' "

They hit it off, and Jackson handed over his home phone number. In a flash, Magnificent was invited over "and I showed him magic for three days."

Magnificent was not only Ali's personal magician, traveling around the world in his entourage, but Jackson adopted him as well.
"He's always been fascinated with magic. I think it goes back to the Disney movies," said Magnificent, who lived with Jackson's parents, Joe and Katherine for more than a decade at their homes in Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

"We're family today," said Magnificent, who works here as a magician and a personal manager.

When I mentioned the rumor that Jackson might be checking out Angel's collaboration with Cirque du Soleil, he said he wasn't big on rumors.
"Could be he's just taking his kids out for the night," he said. "He always hires a magician for his kids' parties."

But, he added, he wouldn't be surprised if the King of Pop was interested in adding some Vegas magic to his comeback concerts in London.
"He had magic in his 'Bad' Tour," noting that Jackson floated in the air at point in his shows, and at another, he appeared to be singing on one side of the stage and a box would come down and he would suddenly reappear on the other side."

Magnificent said he wouldn't be surprised if Jackson enlisted the help of Siegfried & Roy or Angel. "They've got the huge illusions.
"He's very close friends with Siegfried and Roy. He loves magic so much, he wrote a theme song for them."

http://www.lvrj.com/news/42378537.html

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hZNgbrgnco68wdSY5q0bFdgp2MYgD97B6PLO0

Judge denies effort to halt Jackson auction

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge has denied an effort to stop the auction of items from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Brett Klein denied efforts by Jackson's production company to have the items returned before the sale, which starts April 22.
Auctioneer Darren Julien and his attorney claimed victory after Friday's hearing, saying they do not expect other motions to stop the sale to succeed.
The lawyer for Jackson's company, Alan Gutman, said the ruling won't affect an upcoming motion seeking an injunction to stop the sale.
That motion will be heard by a different judge on April 15.

Judge Decides Auction Is To Go Ahead

0403_jacko2_bn.jpg

A judge has told Michael Jackson to beat it -- and ruled that an auction of items from his Neverland Ranch can go ahead as planned.

MJ's dad, a pimpin' Joe Jackson, was in Los Angeles Court today to fight the sale of the items, which is slated to begin April 22.

Despite the loss today, his lawyers will try the motion with a different judge on the 15th.

Source: TMZ

Re: Judge Decides Auction Is To Go Ahead

hope he has better luck on the 15th but its no surprise they did the same shit to him before when someone stole his personal belongings from him from that old storage thing and put it on auction. no matter what - these dumb ass judges don't care cause its not their stuff. wouldnt heads roll if someone tries the same shit with them... yes... they would.

Re: Judge Decides Auction Is To Go Ahead

do journalists still think it's funny or creative to incorporate mj's song titles within their writing? i feel like i'm reading my old monthly high school paper.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm confuzzled as a muzzle. I thought all systems were a "go" and the auction was going on with Michael's approval. :scratch:

Looks like MJ is still fighting this?? :unsure: I haven't been here in a bit so maybe I missed something. eek!
:worried:

Thanks for the news and mentionings.

That Grape Juice Interviews Dawn Richard
dawn+essense.jpg

Sam: It’s cool (laughs).

It has been recently been announced that Michael Jackson will be returning to the stage; I don’t know if you know about that. A lot of the British press have been very cynical as to whether Michael Jackson still has ‘It.’ Do you think…

Dawn: Of course! Michael can do no wrong when it comes to music. He can just moonwalk across the stage and it just makes me smile. Even if Michael Jackson doesn’t have ‘it’, he still has ‘it’. It’s Michael, come on now (laughs).

Sam: Most definitely!
http://www.thatgrapejuice.net/2009/04/that-grape-juice-interviews-dawn.html
========================
HILSON DREAMS OF JACKSON
keri_hilson_5267401.jpg

Singer-songwriter KERI HILSON plans to spend her summer (09) camped out at MICHAEL JACKSON's London shows - so she can beg the pop superstar to work with her.
Hilson got her big break collaborating with hip-hop superproducer Timbaland and has written tracks for Britney Spears and Mary J. Blige.
But she insists she has yet to fulfil her lifetime ambition of working with the King of Pop.
The 26-year-old tells People magazine, "Now that he's back performing, there could be a chance. I have to go to his show.
"I remember seeing the Bad Tour when I was 10. Amazing!"

02/04/2009 07:36
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/hilson dreams of jacko_1099481

What was Joe Jackson doing in court? No chance he is representing Michael in any way or form...

Michael Jackson News for April 4, 2009:

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/9586

Michael Jackson Eyes Up London Mansion for His Summer Stay

Submitted by GossipGirl on April 4, 2009 - 8:51am.
michaeljacksonlondon.jpg

Selling out more shows than I can count on my two hands in literally just minutes, Michael Jackson is clearly still loved in London, despite the controversy that has surrounded his life over the past decade. After such a display of affection for the so-called "King of Pop", Jackson has decided to forgo living out of a hotel for six months and will instead take up residence in a three-story mansion in a sheltered street in the upmarket area of Chislehurst in Bromley.
According to the Daily Mail, Jackson has shelled out £1 million to rent the mansion, where he will live from just before his London residency begins in July, until his final shows in February 2010.
The Bromley Times indicates that Jackson's new abode includes a music room, indoor swimming pool, private wood, and an underground cinema. Built in the 1800's, the house also has quarters for 20 staff and has a state-of-the-art CCTV.
Jackson is expected to move in ahead of his 50-date sold-out residency at the O2 Arena

http://www.teletext.co.uk/entertain...6d8bff831ff956/Fans+say+farewell+to+Jade.aspx

Fans say farewell to Jade

Jade Goody's funeral cortege has arrived at St John's Church in Buckhurst Hill, Essex.

Hundreds of well-wishers lined the streets as the procession passed through Bermondsey, south east London, where she grew up, and her former home in Upshire, Essex.

Goody's mother Jackiey Budden and widower Jack Tweed were joined by family friends ahead of the service.

The reality television star's plain white coffin was carried into a vintage Rolls-Royce in front of dozens of photographers.

One wreath taken to Goody's former home was fashioned in the shape of a jar of Marmite. She once likened herself to Marmite - saying people either loved or hated her.

Another wreath left in the drive of the Upshire property said "Friend".

Goody's publicist and friend Max Clifford said the public reaction would have pleased Goody.

"In life she loved being loved and it is pretty clear that this is the overwhelming feeling today. She will have a big smile on her face when she sees what is going on today."

"She will save a lot of lives because of her stance on cervical cancer," he said.

Clifford said Budden, 51, was "distraught" and 21-year-old Tweed was "heartbroken".

"Jackiey is absolutely distraught," he said. "Jack is very much within himself. He is that kind of lad.

"Jade and Jack were totally in love and at least they managed to have the wedding they both hoped for and the wedding she dreamed of," Clifford added.

Clifford said the funeral would be a "celebration" of Goody's life.

He added: "Many women all over Britain will stay alive because they have had a smear. We are getting figures of a 50% increase in the number of women having smear tests because of Jade."

Clifford revealed Michael Jackson had said he would send a tribute. "Michael Jackson was meant to be sending a floral tribute. So his people told me."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/billboardCharts/idUKN0326873320090403

Top Pop Catalog Albums for the 4/11/2009 issue

Fri Apr 3, 2009 2:00pm BST

var storyKeywords = "CHART BILLBOARD ALBUMS POPCATALOG"; var RTR_ArticleTitle = "Top Pop Catalog Albums for the 4/11/2009 issue"; var RTR_ArticleBlurb = " Now Last Weeks Peak 1 - 280 1 Ten - Pearl Jam (Epic/Legacy/Sony Music) 2 4 479 1 Gold -- Greatest Hits - ABBA (Polar/Polydor/UMe) 3 5 262 1 Greatest Hits - Guns N'..."; addImpression("1045737_Article Tools");var showComments = false;var allowSLCall = false; function singlePageView() { document.location.href = ReplaceQueryStringParam(document.location.href, "sp", "true"); } function replaceString(oldS, newS, fullS) { // Replaces oldS with newS in the string fullS for (var i = 0; i < fullS.length; i++) { if (fullS.substring(i, i + oldS.length) == oldS) { fullS = fullS.substring(0, i) + newS + fullS.substring(i + oldS.length, fullS.length); } } return fullS; }

var csvSymbolIds = "";var quoteLink = "true";

Now Last Weeks Peak

1 - 280 1 Ten - Pearl Jam (Epic/Legacy/Sony Music)

2 4 479 1 Gold -- Greatest Hits - ABBA (Polar/Polydor/UMe)

3 5 262 1 Greatest Hits - Guns N' Roses (Geffen/IGA)

4 3 803 1 Journey's Greatest Hits - Journey (Columbia/Legacy/Sony Music)

5 2 176 2 Some Hearts - Carrie Underwood (19/Arista Nashville/SMN)

6 7 987 1 Legend: The Best Of Bob Marley And The Wailers - Bob Marley And The Wailers (TuffGong/Island/UMe)

7 - 1 7 Motown Vol. 2: 1's - Various Artists (Universal Motown/UTV/UMe)

8 9 98 8 Minutes To Midnight - Linkin Park (Machine Shop/Warner Bros.)

9 6 103 5 Number Ones - Michael Jackson (MJJ/Epic/Sony Music)

10 - 10 2 Motown 1's - Various Artists (Universal Motown/UTV/UMe

http://in.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idINIndia-38877520090404

Judge allows Michael Jackson auction to proceed

Sat Apr 4, 2009 5:33am IST

var storyKeywords = ""; var RTR_ArticleTitle = "Judge allows Michael Jackson auction to proceed"; var RTR_ArticleBlurb = " By Alex Dobuzinskis LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A judge on Friday denied Michael Jackson's attempt to rescue his Neverland Ranch possessions from an auction that will include memorabilia from the height of his 1980s popularity, but the pop star..."; var showComments = false;var allowSLCall = false; function singlePageView() { document.location.href = ReplaceQueryStringParam(document.location.href, "sp", "true"); } function replaceString(oldS, newS, fullS) { // Replaces oldS with newS in the string fullS for (var i = 0; i < fullS.length; i++) { if (fullS.substring(i, i + oldS.length) == oldS) { fullS = fullS.substring(0, i) + newS + fullS.substring(i + oldS.length, fullS.length); } } return fullS; }

var csvSymbolIds = "";var quoteLink = ""; drawControls(); 1 of 1Full Size

By Alex Dobuzinskis
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A judge on Friday denied Michael Jackson's attempt to rescue his Neverland Ranch possessions from an auction that will include memorabilia from the height of his 1980s popularity, but the pop star will get another hearing before the sale happens.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Brett Klein ruled in favor of Julien's Auction House, which plans to sell about 2,000 Jackson items April 22-25 in Beverly Hills, California.
Jackson's production company filed a lawsuit seeking the return of some items on March 4, the same day auctioneer Darren Julien arrived in Ireland to unveil the items on a tour.
"We're still just as puzzled and baffled by this whole thing as we were when it first happened," Julien said.
Julien last year signed an agreement covering the sale with Dr. Tohme Tohme, who is with Jackson's production company and serves as the singer's spokesman. The auctioneer said that he still does not know exactly which items Jackson wants back.
An attorney representing Jackson did not return calls.
The singer's father, Joe Jackson, attended the court hearing on Friday but the pop star himself was absent.
The auction items in the catalogue include clothing, such as a rhinestone-covered equestrian cap, imperial-style military jackets and shiny belts. There are also awards, statues, toys, furniture and a piece of scribble art created by child actor Macaulay Culkin in 1991.

Julien said he has spent $2 million preparing the sale, and that the auction could fetch more than $10 million.
Jackson's attorneys have asked Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ernest Hiroshige to issue an injunction blocking the sale, and that hearing is scheduled for April 15.
But Julien's attorney, Jerry Hawxhurst, said Klein's ruling sets the matter to rest.
The sale items come from Jackson's 2,800-acre (1,133-hectare) Neverland Ranch, a property in central California named after the island where children never grow up in J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan Stories.
Jackson last year averted a foreclosure sale on Neverland, and later handed over the title to a company made up of himself and the firm that held his loan on the property.
One of the biggest U.S. pop stars of the 1980s, Jackson has lived a reclusive life since he was tried and acquitted of child molestation charges in 2005. But after suffering financial straits, the singer last month announced a series of concerts in London starting in July.

Michael Jackson Mentionings for April 4, 2009:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1608525/20090403/eminem.jhtml

While Eminem has struck a provocative balance between the serious to the silly with his videos, the shocking headlines from his outrageous clips will probably always overshadow his more dramatic work.

After all, not everyone gets called out by Michael Jackson. The King of Pop called Em's "Just Lose It" video — where the rapper dresses like MJ and parodies his penchant for surrounding himself with children — "offensive." BET even pulled the video from rotation at the time.
Yep, Tuesday should be interesting!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2009/apr/04/michelle-obama-school-visit-london

Some people thought it might be Oprah, others thought Michael Jackson; one or two even mentioned the rapper Lil Wayne. Jo Dibb, head teacher of Elizabeth Garrett Anderson school in north London, had had to tell her students and staff two weeks earlier that a special guest was coming on Thursday, but aside from enlightening her deputy head, she was sworn to secrecy about who it would be.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705295022,00.html
The Lee Boys' current lineup consists of Alvin, his vocalist brothers Derrick and Keith and their nephews — pedal steel guitarist Roosevelt Collier, bassist Alvin Cordy Jr. and drummer Earl Walker.
"When we started out, I was playing with all my brothers, and now I'm playing with my nephews," said Lee. "It is kind of funny because since I was one of the younger brothers, I was always a little rebellious. When we'd play our gospel music, we'd throw in a little Michael Jackson or something for the younger folks."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/commen...2009/04/04/what-next-for-fern-86908-21252424/

There is still speculation that it might be time for HMS This Morning to be scuppered at sea and I wouldn't rule that option out. But I also have a suggestion to keep her afloat. This is the year of the comeback. Michael Jackson is doing it. As are Spandau Ballet. Don't be surprised if, in September, the faces smiling out at you are Mr and Mrs Madeley.

Michael Jackson HIStory for April 4, 2009:

No History at this because I am having trouble accessing the website. Will update when I can get back into the site.

Last edited:
I don't know that this was ever posted anywhere, but according to CelebrityAccess.com it looks like Frank DiLeo has been added to the management confusion as well... :unsure:

http://encore.celebrityaccess.com/index.ph...articleId=30345

Will Michael Jackson's Real Manager Please Stand Up

Posted: April 2, 2009

ATLANTA (CelebrityAccess MediaWire) -- Rowe Entertainment appears to have sparked a controversy after they issued a press release through Champion Management, announcing that Leonard Rowe was going to be assuming management duties for the prodigal King of Pop, Michael Jackson.

Sources close to the matter have told CelebrityAccess that Rowe had joined forces with Michael Jackson's father Joseph Jackson to convince Michael to let them assume handling the artist's business affairs but that they had been rebuffed by the singer.

On the other side of the issue, Frank Dileo maintains that Rowe's press release was less than factual and that they manage Jackson.

A spokesman for Dileo told CelebrityAccess that they would release a statement along with AEG to address Rowe's claims next week and suggested that legal action may be in the offing.

However, AEG's Randy Phillips told CelebrityAccesss that they have been working with Dr. Tohme Tohme in connection with all of Michael Jackson's dates. Mr. Phillips went on to say that they are currently contemplating no legal action against Rowe and that they aren't planning any press releases.

Rowe is known for his work as a tour promoter and has worked with a number of artists including Marvin Gaye, however his most recent spate of publicity stemmed from a string of lawsuits late last year over an R. Kelly tour that Rowe promoted.

According to court documents, Kelly accused Rowe of selling shares in Kelly's "Double Up" tour to investors without Kelly's permission, despite a contractual stipulation that barred such sales. The court agreed and awarded Kelly $3.4 million over the matter.

Kelly's suit wasn't the only litigation to stem from the tour and the investors who'd purchased the non-existent shares in the tour filed suit against Rowe as did singer Ne-Yo, who won a $700,000 judgment against Rowe after he was dropped from Kelly's tour after only two shows.

Rowe was also part of a group of African-American promoters who attempted in 1998 to sue a number of entertainment firms, including CAA, WMA, Clear Channel Entertainment, APA and the Howard Rose Agency for $700 million, alleging racial discrimination. Several of the firms opted to settle but the case was finally rejected by the court in 2005.

Mr. Rowe did not respond to repeated requests for comment. - CelebrityAccess Staff Writers

Posted this awhile ago, but thought I should post it here too..

"Just a little mention.. My dad called me from his working place about 3pm? (he works at a hotel here, I can’t say which one), and told me to "Guess who was coming?"... I was quiet like, "
eekie.gif
Uh.."
, and he said "Michael Jackson!".. my mom was on the phone listening as well
toofunny.gif
and we both just ASJSHFSHLALA on the phone and my Dad was like "Okay OKAY.. he's coming, and the crew is already here getting ready, BUT don't tell anyone, or post about it YET. Wait about a couple hours or an hour or so.. he's coming in about 20 minutes..." So I'm like "O-KAY..
eek3.png
"
in my shaky voice. My said "Are you guys going to take him to his room?".. and Dad says "No, somebody else is going to escort him.." cause since he works in security too... he usually escorts the people.. but this time it's different.
heha.gif
Uh.. He said something else, but I can't remember because I was in shock mode.
heha.gif
Then I just hung up after he told me to speak to mom, and my mom talked more with my dad. Uhm.. he was also driving, or coming from Cali? Yea. & he's in a big suite.

Later he called and said Michael was gonna arrive in COUPLE hours, "'Bout 6:15 pm.."... yeah.. so something happened. Then I had to wait more until the time passed to post this.. But, by the time I got that call, Dad had to get off work @ 4..
heha.gif
Oh well for a chance for dad to get to see him..
mellow.gif
And as for pictures, there maybe or may NOT be any, cause he told me it's on the down low for his arrival, and cams aren't really allowed. As I post this, Michael may have already arrived, or close to it, it's 6:15 now... I had to wait a while (which seemed forever) before posting about it as to my dad's orders.
laugh.gif

Yeah.. so, Michael is Las Vegas currently. Gosh that was long, sorry..
eekie.gif
!! lol"

Posted this awhile ago, but thought I should post it here too..

"Just a little mention.. My dad called me from his working place about 3pm? (he works at a hotel here, I can’t say which one), and told me to "Guess who was coming?"... I was quiet like, "
eekie.gif
Uh.."
, and he said "Michael Jackson!".. my mom was on the phone listening as well
toofunny.gif
and we both just ASJSHFSHLALA on the phone and my Dad was like "Okay OKAY.. he's coming, and the crew is already here getting ready, BUT don't tell anyone, or post about it YET. Wait about a couple hours or an hour or so.. he's coming in about 20 minutes..." So I'm like "O-KAY..
eek3.png
"
in my shaky voice. My said "Are you guys going to take him to his room?".. and Dad says "No, somebody else is going to escort him.." cause since he works in security too... he usually escorts the people.. but this time it's different.
heha.gif
Uh.. He said something else, but I can't remember because I was in shock mode.
heha.gif
Then I just hung up after he told me to speak to mom, and my mom talked more with my dad. Uhm.. he was also driving, or coming from Cali? Yea. & he's in a big suite.

Later he called and said Michael was gonna arrive in COUPLE hours, "'Bout 6:15 pm.."... yeah.. so something happened. Then I had to wait more until the time passed to post this.. But, by the time I got that call, Dad had to get off work @ 4..
heha.gif
Oh well for a chance for dad to get to see him..
mellow.gif
And as for pictures, there maybe or may NOT be any, cause he told me it's on the down low for his arrival, and cams aren't really allowed. As I post this, Michael may have already arrived, or close to it, it's 6:15 now... I had to wait a while (which seemed forever) before posting about it as to my dad's orders.
laugh.gif

Yeah.. so, Michael is Las Vegas currently. Gosh that was long, sorry..
eekie.gif
!! lol"

Oh don't apologise. This type of thing is one of my favorite parts about this board. We caste such a wide net because of the large active membership. There is often things that members find out personally that isn't in the papers and members are excited to share.

Very cool for you. Thanks for sharing both the story and your excitement. :D

Rumor has it (according to several Vegas sources) that Mike's staying at the Wynn Hotel in Vegas tonight, which would make sense if the rumors of him going to see the Criss Angel show were true.

Back