April 17 - 19 Weekend news Byte

Did anyone see the little boy who sang Who's Loving You on BGT? He was really AMAZING! He had a really good voice.

Hey Stace i saw it, was so *staged* but omg if he dont get to go very high in this comp then there is no justice!! hhaha what about Darth Jackson, omg! Michael taking over everywhere and he not back yet!! Can you believe that he is going to be here in UK for 5 months!! OMG!!

I mean just think of all the many things that can happen, shows, interviews, specials etc, in between the sept and jan months! your not going to tell me Michael will just sit back and rest, i think thats when the new album will be promoted and singles will keep coming! Im sure we will have music come June or even nearer!!

Terry:clapping::clapping::clapping::wild::wild::wild:

Michael Jackson Mentionings for April 19, 2009:

http://www.technofinger.com/?p=1016

Thriller Live

The Lyric Theatre, London may currently be one of the West End’s smallest theatres, with a capacity of around 967 , but with the arrival of Michael Jackson to the UK for 50 sell out live shows in London’s 02 arena and many disappointed fans, this could be the solution!

We start of in this show with the songs from the Jackson 5 which featured Michael Jackson and there is some crowd pleasing solo’s from the ‘Junior *****’ which include Music and me, ABC, I’ll be there and Ben. All of these are very well done and have hand clapping beats and rhythms provided by a sensational band unfortunately hidden behind the clever large LED screen that backdrops most songs throughout. But, due to the fact children cannot do west end nights frequently as they need to have some form of education, the little Michael Jackson could vary per performance.
As act 1 progress’ we have more of the Jackson 5 hits as Michael Jackson is older. Every night, however, there are 3 Michael Jackson’s and a female who sings some of the hits too so at times it can be confusing who is who yet the way they stand out with some thumping vocals is very, very good. Blame it on the Boogie, Rock with you and don’t stop till you get enough are just a few of the songs that stand out magnificently in that quarter of the show.
Like mentioned before there is LED screens in this musical that play a huge part in the way this is staged. Not only though are these projecting cartoon images out yet they can project real images 0ut and this gives it versatility on what it can do as during act one, at the start, there is a little overview of the life of Michael Jackson whilst in act 2 during the heart-stopping and crowd-delighting Thriller there is rustic old footage of a graveyard like in the original video of the hit song Thriller.
In act 2 the show we are gifted with the songs that everybody knows and loves. Earth song, smooth criminal, Billie Jean and Bad all appear in quick succession and leave the audience cheering plus dancing up and out of their seats. All of these songs though, adding to the stunning vocals from the respective *****, have dances that are sensational and stunningly choreogrpahed. Towards the end of the musical you can see the sweat pouring down their faces after a long night of hard, hard work yet it does make a difference as constantly the dances continue to wow and impress. And no Michael Jackson show would be the same without some moon-walking, thankfully we have plenty in this show and seeing it live makes your jaw drop in awe as they strut around the stage effortlessly.
At the end of the performance the little Michael Jackson, with help from the LED screens, gets the crowd going (like in a concert) texting whether the audience want more, and this was followed by some pretty loud cheers as the performers erupted into Black or white for a huge finale full of dance and great song.
Thriller Live will still remain at the Lyric Theatre until September 29th 2009 however, if you cannot make it to London there is also a huge UK touring production that has been going since February. The tour still has cities to visit that include: Bristol, Woking, Sheffield, Southport, Buxton, Oxford, Cambridge, Bournemouth, Torquay, Cardiff, Darlington, Carlisle, Brighton, Llandudno, Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham and if you are really desperate to see it but cannot get to any of those cities then it does travel to Munich in Germany for 12 dates.
It is a great night out, full of fantastic hits played to by a superb band and with some dancing that is truely unique and perfect and you want a west end show to see that is different to the rest, this is your show!

http://fayobserver.com/article?id=324185

Dr. David Schutzer of the Highland OB/GYN Clinic and Tara O’Neill, a retention manger for the Fayetteville-Cumberland County Chamber of Commerce, wowed the crowd with their routine to Michael Jackson’s “Bad.” Schutzer and O’Neill wore matching outfits including one glove, and a black blazer over a white shirt. Schutzer rolled up his black slacks to show a pair of white socks.
The height of their routine was when Schutzer successfully executed the Moonwalk. So how long did he practice the Moonwalk?
“About six years,” he joked.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...or-britain-s-got-talent-title-91466-23417105/

Shaheen's set to take on Susan Boyle for Britain's Got Talent title

Apr 19 2009 by Andrew Dagnell, Wales On Sunday
12583963.jpeg
Shaheen’s set to take on Susan Boyle for talent show title

//
THIS is the Welsh wonder who’s hoping to overcome the odds and beat Britain’s Got Talent singing sensation Susan Boyle.
Last night millions of viewers saw 12-year-old boy wonder Shaheen Jafargholi, from Mount Pleasant, Swansea, wow the judges on the hit ITV1 show when he sang Michael Jackson’s Who’s Loving You.
Pop mogul Simon Cowell told him he was the best young singer he’d seen in 10 years – while the crowd went wild and gave him a standing ovation.

He now hopes he’ll be able to snatch the £100,000 prize from Scottish songbird Susan – who’s become an international star overnight, whipping up a staggering 34 million YouTube hits for her stunning rendition of the Les Miserables classic I Dreamed A Dream.
In an exclusive interview with Wales on Sunday, angel-faced Shaheen told us: “Since the day I was born I’ve had a passion for singing.
“People are born with a talent that carries them through, and this is mine.
“I would love to be a big recording artist and I’d love people to know who I am.”
It comes as Cowell said the contest is still wide open, despite Susan’s massive popularity: “There are some acts that you haven’t seen yet, it’s not quite the one horse race you are going to think this is,” he said.
But Shaheen admitted he knows beating 48-year-old spinster Susan, who lives alone with her cat in Blackburn, West Lothian, will be a tall order.
US TV legend Oprah Winfrey wants her on her chat show and Hollywood star Demi Moore admitted Susan moved her to tears.
Shaheen said: “This year the competition is really amazing. Whatever happens in this competition, happens for a reason.”
But the schoolboy is no stranger to the limelight.
We can reveal he had the perfect training for his emotional performance of the King of Pop’s classic as he was picked to play the young ***** in a lavish pop concert-style show based on the songs of Michael Jackson and The Jackson Five.
He toured the UK with the stage musical for six weeks last year, singing hits including the one that saw him sail through to the next round.
At the age of five he started going to The Mark Jermin Stage School in Swansea and still goes every weekend.
He’s also appeared in the BBC’s Torchwood and Casualty and starred opposite Gary Lineker in a Walkers ad for Comic Relief.
The youngster revealed: “I would love to be as famous as Michael Jackson.
“It would be amazing to be the person that everyone knows.”
But it looked like all his dreams were about to come crashing down when Simon brought an abrupt halt to his first performance of Amy Winehouse’s Valerie – which Shaheen picked as it’s his grandad’s favourite song.
The pop supremo said he hated the choice, blasting: “You got this really wrong.”
But after Shaheen finished singing his second song, all three judges – including Piers Morgan and actress Amanda Holden – were grinning from ear to ear.
Shaheen admits he was devastated by Simon’s first reaction.
He said: “I thought to myself that this was my one chance and I’d blown it. I stood there and thought, ‘What’s gone wrong?’
“But I couldn’t believe Simon Cowell had given me a second chance. He’s basically God in the music industry.”
Shaheen was brought up by his single mum Karen Thomas, 39, who said she’ll make sure that success doesn’t go to her son’s head.
She said: “He doesn’t show off about it and I’m not a pushy parent. We’re not showbiz at all.
“When he was touring he took his school work with him and had a tutor.”
She added: “I knew the judges wouldn’t tell him that he can’t sing – because he can. After they were so positive, I was in shock for the rest of the day.”
Now Shaheen is setting his sights on bagging himself a record deal.
He said: “It would be lovely to win, but nobody can take away the amazing comments that the three judges gave me.
“I just hope that Wales gets behind me.”

http://www.times-standard.com/lifestyle/ci_12177288

Within a few weeks, though, the women -- and much of their staff -- resurfaced as a new business called Image Consultants. Through the company, Heber and Meyers -- who dubbed themselves “promotional strategists” -- helped artists choose their singles and talked to retailers and wholesalers to make sure they knew what the artists were up to at any given time. They worked with recording artists such as U2, John Mellencamp, Michael Jackson, Joan Jett, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Aerosmith and George Harrison, to name a few.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2009/apr/19/pump-up-the-volume/

Adam Groves searches for Michael Jackson CDs after picking out several documentaries at the Central Library on April 2. Many patrons come to the library for the DVDs and CDs, which are free to check out.

Michael Jackson HIStory for April 19, 2009:

1997 - A wax statue of Michael Jackson was unveiled at Paris' Grevin Museum of Wax.

The youngster revealed: “I would love to be as famous as Michael Jackson.
“It would be amazing to be the person that everyone knows.”

ohh child...no....

you don't even know what you're asking for with that :sad:

^^^^

Thanks for the video

They looked very nice. And they danced good too.

Thanks for that YouTube clip with the twinz, as a twin myself I was rooting for them, they seem to be good at what they do, but I guess there were better at that audition.

Back