APRIL 11TH 1999 - did anyone else here meet michael that night?

I know. It always made me sad. I felt so far away from Michael much of the time after the Bad Tour. I didn't have money to travel, so you never got to be near him like that in the US, unless you were in certain cities like NYC or LA at times. He actually had many people who love him intensely in America (!), but for some reason the haters were always so loud it made it seem like he didn't have fans there anymore. Or promoters said, "No, we can't make enough money in the US"... I don't know. It's just sad that he had to feel so ostracized by his own country :( I mean, I know that he felt more 'universal', but being an expat myself I know that there's still something special about 'home'. Even when "they" supposedly hate you, I assume :no:

I know, I actually felt when I was reading this that he was putting everyone in the U.S into one big bowl or w.e. So I kind of felt hurt by that. I don't know. I mean, it's not like everyone in the U.S. are the same you know? Michael still had many fans here. Also he must have thought there was something special about "home", his kids were born here and he moved back so yea... :scratch:

I mean, I'm sorry what other idiots have said about him in his own country but I can't control what they say. I can't fly around the country and tell people not to talk stuff about Mike. I can only tell people around me and people I know not to talk about Michael, well at least when I'm around don't talk crap about him. Otherwise they know, that I probably wouldn't be friends with them anymore. I have quit being friends with people because they talk badly about Michael. And also my family knows not to talk about Michael in a bad way, or there will be trouble. lol

Last edited:
Aww...thanks for posting those touching stories. :boohoo: It's so strange to realize these kind of things have been happening for such a long time...I mean, alllll these years fans have met him, talked to him, there are hundreds of these stories and the love for him is the same in each and every story. Time wasn't a matter in this all. It reads away as if it could've been written today....utterly heartbreaking to know there won't be coming any more in the future. It's so surreal...and painfull to know that my chances were never there and that he wouldn't recognize my face etc. like he did with others. So glad there were fans who could show him love in person from all of us though.

We have to cherish this....we really have to. :heart:

I was there. :) My friend or I (can't remember) took the picture of you and Michael.

I was there. :) My friend or I (can't remember) took the picture of you and Michael.

No way! can i just say THANKU SO MUCH jar jar i didn't have a camera n that was my only pic, i think u or your friend sent it to me from werever u live!! ive been wishing i could thanku for years x

amazing story.... i know thereare a few other meeting like this and hope we will hear details ... so much we can learn from this Man!

No way! can i just say THANKU SO MUCH jar jar i didn't have a camera n that was my only pic, i think u or your friend sent it to me from werever u live!! ive been wishing i could thanku for years x
JarJar & doitandyourdead...:eek: :cry: WOW! How incredibly cool! This totally made me cry...

ok, you guys have to hug now... :better:

doitandyourdead, you're very welcome. I'm happy I brought a camera... My friend took most of the pictures, I was a little... um shakey *lol* I took the picture of her and Michael and I cut half their heads off *oops* :| (It's funny how we didn't even have digital cameras back then, makes it seem soooooooo long ago *lol*.)

JarJar & doitandyourdead...:eek:hmy: :cry: WOW! How incredibly cool! This totally made me cry...

ok, you guys have to hug now... :better:
awww thanks ur rite BIG HUG to jar jar

doitandyourdead, you're very welcome. I'm happy I brought a camera... My friend took most of the pictures, I was a little... um shakey *lol* I took the picture of her and Michael and I cut half their heads off *oops* :| (It's funny how we didn't even have digital cameras back then, makes it seem soooooooo long ago *lol*.)

so do u have a pic of u n ur friend with him i can see!!? even if your heads r cut off lol ye i was thinking exactly that - now everyone would have tons of pix n videos but back then only a cpl of ppl had cameras n then u hoped the film would turn out ok!! i left my first mobile fone in a toilet in london that day but didnt go back to get it cus needed to get to the hotel to hopefully meet mj! was the size of a brick! x waht did you say to mj when u met him?! x big hugs x

so do u have a pic of u n ur friend with him i can see!!? even if your heads r cut off lol ye i was thinking exactly that - now everyone would have tons of pix n videos but back then only a cpl of ppl had cameras n then u hoped the film would turn out ok!! i left my first mobile fone in a toilet in london that day but didnt go back to get it cus needed to get to the hotel to hopefully meet mj! was the size of a brick! x waht did you say to mj when u met him?! x big hugs x

*lol* I guess it was worth leaving your phone for THAT! Yeah if it was now we'd probably have a lot more pictures and videos, but in a way maybe it made it more special that there weren't hundreds of cameras and phones and stuff. :) I do have pictures...somewhere. I scanned some of them back then, but they're not on this computer... probably on some CD somewhere. (I have the picture of me and MJ (I look terrified) + one more of him on facebook, I can add you so you can see.) I can try taking pictures of the pictures in my album (don't have a scanner anymore) or look for my old scans so you can see them all. Actually if you have the old KING! with that article I guess most of my pictures are there?

Great stories! thanks..but where the heck was I when God showered opportunities like this?! argh I hate me....lol!

Back