Anyone taking Signs or Flags to concert?

NiktaShiz

Proud Member
Hey guys! Just thought it would be interesting to see if anyone is going to be taking any cool signs or flags to the concert. I remember seeing a lot of fans have them at old concerts and I'm sure people will be creative. I was thinking of taking a Canadian flag cause I'm traveling from Vancouver. Anyone care to share ideas?
Oh and sorry if there is a thread on this already. I'm just getting used to this board!
All the best,
Niki

i'll be taking a flame thrower just incase such signs or flags hinder my view.

p.s. i love rainy Vancouver.

on tier maybe there will be places where we can hang them? on History tour i remember fans could hang it so it was not blocking in the view...i am on the floor on my concerts so i am not taking any it would block others view

Hahahahahahaha I so hear ya! I am going to be MAD if someone is blocking my view... I paid good money for those tickets LOL

Have a look at the three threads below - we've been talking about this for a while now, and have come up with a couple of things that we could do instead of flags or banners. Remember if you're taking flags/banners anyway you can't put them on sticks to wave them or anything, so we thought of things that we could do instead that wouldn't get in the way so much.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60826

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61846

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62120

(The roses of love idea was originally to 'wave' them, but now it's just an idea to give roses to him on the first night with fan messages/names attached to them. We've still got to get permission for this though).

LOL so true. nothing more annoying then ppl blocking each others view. MSG was an prime example of that. u would have thought it was a football match with flags and scarfs everywhere.by all mean ppl should bring them with them to show how huge mjs fanbase is but keep the flags wrapped around your waste

Mike better starts learning all flags around the world so between 2 songs he can say
" i see ppl from France, Spain, Germany, Hungary, Japan etc....." like he did in Exeter
(oh well not that he does not know the flags already)

Snap and if I can't get in with a flame thrower then my good old voice will do!

MOVEE THAT BANNER!!!

I don't see any problem in people tying them to the first row of the tiers and let them drape down the wall

The worst thing is flags, and girls who get on their boyfriends shoulders...........

OOOOO look my boyfriend can lift me on his shoulders.

Sit down we cant see. Maybe a flamethrower would be in order here as well.

I went to see Eric Clapton last night and there were no flags or anything like that. Was much better :) haha

The worst thing is flags, and girls who get on their boyfriends shoulders...........

OOOOO look my boyfriend can lift me on his shoulders.

Sit down we cant see. Maybe a flamethrower would be in order here as well.

I went to see Eric Clapton last night and there were no flags or anything like that. Was much better :) haha

Aww how was Eric Clapton?? Would have loved to see him! Not a huge fan though, and couldn't afford it.

Aww how was Eric Clapton?? Would have loved to see him! Not a huge fan though, and couldn't afford it.

It was awesome. Seeing someone play guitar like that in your presence just leaves you in awe! We knew someone who was doing lighting for the show who got his guest tickets. Was amazing.

At music festivals and the like, flags are fine because they don't allow you to take them in unless they're above a certain height on a pole (I think it's 12m for Glastonbury & T). For inside gigs though, I doubt they'll let you take any flags in. Also, I'm pretty sure that security will tell you to take banners down during the gig so you don't obstruct people's view. It was like that at a recent McFly gig I went to where it was in a theatre so I think it'll be the same for The O2 Arena.

Michael said he LOVES when fans hold up 'bic' lighters on tours during the ballad songs e.g. like Man in the Mirror, Heal the World or Earth Song.

Last edited:
Haha ok so people are not ok with the flags. thats good to know. I remember I saw sooo many signs at previous concerts (on video of course I haven't gone to any) especially on floor seating. But anyways I'm sure if I see a big flag covering my sight I'd be pretty choked.

that banner HAS to be there moon lol it wouldnt be u without it lol

LOL u know its true lol slightly off topic but did u get that card to mj on the day he left? keep forgetting to ask

no, arms were too short, couldnt reach the window and didnt want to get squished in the traffic, anyway back on topic, its always amazing to see all the country flags and creative banners. I remember in Munich for the MJ and Friends concerts, the whole length of the barriers were covered with banners and flags, it was the same in Monaco in 2000 for the World Music Awards. Michael loves seeing all the banners and flags

ok. theres always next time lol yeah i love seeing all the flags and banners it really shows how huge his fanbase is and shows everyone as kinda one family even though theres flags from all over the world. its a powerful statement

Back