Any Annointed MJ Followers/Cult of MJ?

There rules are actually funny... and makes sense... :ninja:

I love the way they incorporated MJ lyrics....

Your girl is yours and my girl is mine. Neither shall you be a Billie Jean or cause a scene. Do as your mother says and be careful of who you love. :lol:

You shall not stop until you get enough. :yes:

Nor shall you be a smooth criminal, nor a macho man, and when in doubt just beat it.
:toofunny:

You shall blame it on the boogie, knowing you are a danc’in machine and scream thy name.

These are hilarious.. :D C'mon people... Don't take it too seriously.... =p

lmfao i know it's so damned funny i think it's all meant as a lighthearted joke lol

what i read was actually amusing hehehe

the rules made laugh. too funny :) but the pictures made me uncomfortable.

although i do think that there might be a Michael religion some day when the world finally realizes what he was doing for it trying to save it and heal it. or if not his religion but that he might be made a saint or something.

ps: I am not religious.

I think it's good to see Michael as a leader in some endeavours or read his art/poetry/music as a source of values...
but honestly... I am not religious myself, I could not turn him into an 'idol' to worship in a very real meaning of this word,
and both the chocolates (separate heads in a box?????!!!????? what's that all about...?) and paintings make me feel very uncomfortable.

Michael was a human being above all, first and foremost, and I never liked turning any living, breathing, loving, probably very stubborn and beautifully flawed (if I can borrow JaneBender's words) HUMAN into... a chocolate or a doll.
It's just not me.

Their 'rules' seem to be meant as a joke, but the overall feel of the website (churches, as Danii said, paintings...)
do not seem like an attempt at humor...

Hmm... That Elvis religion doesn't seem serious, at least judged by the website. Personally, I was most puzzled by the Facebook group... :scratch:

I took the Cult of MJ to be more of a platform to show the paintings and chocolate art/candles. The church was more a place were fans can go to spend quiet time. I think they might be better off not calling themselves a cult as that will turn many people off.

The Elvis and Cult of MJ ones have so much humor, I can't see them as being serious. :lmao:
I don't see a true MJ religion as being that odd though...I mean a religion is basically a set of beliefs that one is dedicated to, and a religious figure is one who embodies those beliefs, who people follow. And I can't think of a better figure whose beliefs should be followed than MJ.

I too believe Michael is a prophet from God. He is special, unlike any other. We were very blessed to have him, a divine beacon of light, a prodigy. Just look at all the amazing things Michael has done in his life, the beautiful music he made! I have this feeling in my soul that envokes it. I see a glow whenever I look at pictures of Michaels eyes, lights emit from him on stage. The true compassion he had in his heart for healing others, healing children.

I like to think of Michael as a muse now:
muse
a. A guiding spirit.
b. A source of inspiration.

He is heavenly, true angel.

10 Laws of the Boogie

You shall have no other pop Gods or Kings before MJ.
You shall strive to make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth, you shall boogie and keep thy faith and strive to be all that you can be.
You shall blame it on the boogie, knowing you are a danc’in machine and scream thy name.
Observe the nine to five day, and then at night you shall enjoy yourself, groove as the MJ commands you.
Start with the man in the mirror, honor yourself, make your father proud and your mother smile, love everyone, so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that thy idol MJ is commanding thee to enjoy.
You shall obey the rule that nobody shall hurt anybody else.
You shall not stop until you get enough.
Nor shall you be a smooth criminal, nor a macho man, and when in doubt just beat it.
Neither shall you victimize or scheme, upon penalty of a scream. Be careful of what you do, ‘cause the lie becomes the truth. Before you judge, try hard to love.
Your girl is yours and my girl is mine. Neither shall you be a Billie Jean or cause a scene. Do as your mother says and be careful of who you love.
:lmao: ....well it's funny. WAIT.. EDIT.. I re read this and looked further into the site anfter i laughed about the 'rules' I saw that maybe this is more creepy than I had thought.. I for sure thought it was all in fun... now uhmm it's strange in my humble opinion.. :shock:

Last edited:
The rules are kinda funny... but I found the website a little creepy, and the paintings were a bit ya know...well creepy. I'm a Christian and believe in God. I believe Michael was put here by God tho. He had such a beautiful purpose on this planet. God bless Michael...:angel:

Michael isn't God. I don't believe in a Michael Jackson religion.
But I do believe that you can be influenced heavily by his beliefs and way of life, and inspired by him.

and after looking at this, I'm pretty sure that's a fake website.:

10 Laws of the Boogie
  1. You shall have no other pop Gods or Kings before MJ.
  2. You shall strive to make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth, you shall boogie and keep thy faith and strive to be all that you can be.
  3. You shall blame it on the boogie, knowing you are a danc’in machine and scream thy name.
  4. Observe the nine to five day, and then at night you shall enjoy yourself, groove as the MJ commands you.
  5. Start with the man in the mirror, honor yourself, make your father proud and your mother smile, love everyone, so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that thy idol MJ is commanding thee to enjoy.
  6. You shall obey the rule that nobody shall hurt anybody else.
  7. You shall not stop until you get enough.
  8. Nor shall you be a smooth criminal, nor a macho man, and when in doubt just beat it.
  9. Neither shall you victimize or scheme, upon penalty of a scream. Be careful of what you do, ‘cause the lie becomes the truth. Before you judge, try hard to love.
  10. Your girl is yours and my girl is mine. Neither shall you be a Billie Jean or cause a scene. Do as your mother says and be careful of who you love.
For more of our beliefs, go here:

I can't take this seriously... :lol:

Same lol re the cult website. And I don't get the chocolate thing in relation to anything.

But re the facebook group.. they say this:

"We believe that Michael Jackson is an Angel trapped inside a human flesh.
A Precious Treasure that God (or any high power you choose to believe in) gave us.

Michael symbolizes us purity, innocence, eternal childhood, unconditional love to animals and children, extraordinary talent, and great inspiration to hundreds and thousands of people around the world, and not only due to the fact that he's the greatest artist to walk our planet.

Michael Jackson is also a unique being and that's the cause to his isolation from the public's eye. Michael represents the hopes and dreams that live in each and every one of us, and he's exceptional personality is the source to his constant media bashing and character assassination.

Even though we're aware that he's physically human, the wholesome of his existence drives us to believe that he's spiritually divine."

:)

And MJJC is amongst members.

I don't believe Michael is a God to be worshiped. But I feel similar to those who feel he was an angel given to the world; a blessing. Asking yourself if you literally believe that, is perhaps another matter, and for me a little confused as my belief in a God is at the moment. Peace

I believe in God. But religion was never for me.

Although when I think of the face of Jesus...I think of Michael.

Or the essence of any person as a human figure of God.

There was this quote I think said at the Brit Awards around 1995

"When Michael Jackson sings...he sings in the voice of angels...and when his foot move...you can see God dancing."

I'm a christian, so no. I believe that when Michael was on this earth, he knew Jesus as his saviour and followed the commandments and Jesus' message of love. He then preached them both through his music and his actions.

Michael loved God, but Michael was not a God. He was totally human, like all of us.

I totally agree with you. Ever since that horrible day I have gone back in believing God again. So I do not think of michael as a God or let alone a religion. My God is the same God that Michael has always believe in and is with now. But I have always saw Michael as a true angel. Cause he really was and forever will be an angel.

Well at least their god isn't some imaginary bloke up in the clouds...

I have a strange feeling about it. I believe that Michael was a prophet. I am Christian myself but I never follow all rules made by man basically. I truly believe in Jesus but for some reason Jesus feels so far from me but Michael feels different. I cannot say that I love Jesus, I know about him, yes I admire him etc. But I can say I love Michael. It is weird though to compare Jesus and Michael, I think.... . And maybe it is not right thing to do.
I am Christian like I said but for some reason I believe that Jesus was a prophet too and God sent him to us. This is what I believe.
Many Christians will find it very wrong. Also I think that Holy Book is Gospel only.
BTW Michael used to celebrate Christmas. I think Jesus was very important to him too. But reality is Michael didn’t belong to any religion, he was like a religion himself. His religion was LOVE and innocence which is perfectly matches with Christian ideas .

Last edited:
i read this tonight and thought of this thread, its an interesting article on worship with celebs like michael after he has passed.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/0.../08/elvis-michael-and-other-celebrity-saints/
The King -- that would be Elvis Presley -- turns 75 today. Or he would if he were still alive. Which he may well be, if the sightings and supermarket tabloids are to be believed.

For everyone else who accepts that Elvis is gone but still doesn't want him forgotten, there is the ancient consolation of religious devotion to the dearly departed -- though in the modern guise of celebrity canonization that seems more intense and widespread every year. For evidence of this phenomenon look no further than the massive public outpouring after last June's untimely death of the "King of Pop," Michael Jackson.

With public vigils and pilgrimages, online shrines and wakes, Jackson was venerated across the globe by hoi polloi and high and mighty alike, including his longtime friend Rabbi Shmuley Boteach and pop spirituality guru Deepak Chopra. Jackson was a "pop theologian," wrote Anthea Butler, a historian of religion and popular culture -- and more. "With his singing and dancing talent, Jackson became a god, moonwalking above the crowds into his own world."

That world was often a dangerous and lonely place for *****, as it has been for many celebrity gods. But in death, at least, Michael Jackson found himself in good company.

From James Dean to Elvis, Marilyn Monroe to Princess Diana, the singer Selena to the actor Heath Ledger, the popular devotion to celebrities, notably those who die young, is one of the most explicitly religious phenomena in our secularized society. We are riveted by the living stars, the red carpet walk of the upcoming Oscars, the blood sport of the aptly named "American Idol" competition. But it is the dead celebs who give meaning to the lives of their followers through their unlikely afterlives.

"When you look at all that cultural activity it suggests to me that there is something sacred going on," said Gary Laderman, chair of the religion department at Emory University and author of a new book, "Sacred Matters: Celebrity Worship, Sexual Ecstasies, the Living Dead and Other Signs of Religious Life in the United States." "It suggests that there is more going on with fans than just finding idols."

Not everyone agrees, of course, or likes it. At the theo-con journal "First Things," Richard Scott Nokes lamented that Michael Jackson was "a martyr to our culture's true god: Celebrity." TV producer and blogger Alison Hill wondered "if God is watching us down here and ripping out his hair at this awful idol worship of the newly dead."

But since God presumably has a long memory, the phenomena may well be frustrating to him -- but not entirely unknown. Indeed, experts on religion and pop culture say the clearest historical parallel to today's cult of dead celebrities is that of the veneration of saints. With the shrines and sacred dates of remembrance, the ubiquitous imagery, and the hunt for any relic associated with the deceased hero, fallen stars seem to mirror the cult of saints that has existed in many cultures across the ages.

Every Aug. 15, for example, the evening before the anniversary of Elvis' 1977 death, upwards of 10,000 fans gather at Graceland, the Memphis home where the King lived, died, and is buried, along with his parents and his stillborn twin. Each of them takes a candle and processes up the driveway, pausing reverently at the grave site, usually to leave some object, before moving on. No matter how many there are, they all get their turn.

"And they do this all night, and it's hot, it's August, it's Memphis, and it smells -- it's very, very sensual," said Erika Doss, a professor of American studies at Notre Dame and author of "Elvis Culture: Fans, Faith, and Image."

It's not necessarily blasphemous, either.

"There are no particular tenets of faith" surrounding celebrity saints, Doss noted. "There are particular rituals." And, she added: "Elvis fans would be appalled if someone were to say, 'Oh, he's a god in your life.' He's not. He's much more a figure they call upon or pray to in the midst of whatever religion they are already in."

"I don't think it's particularly new. It's just different, because more of it is being mediated by popular culture and the mass media."

Another difference is the very existence of celebrities themselves -- beautiful creations of a mass media that began to transform culture in the early 20th century.

In fact, Gary Laderman traces the origin of celebrity devotion to the 1926 death of the actor and sex symbol, Rudolph Valentino, at the age of 31. At Valentino's funeral in New York a daylong riot broke out among tens of thousands of mourners, and there were reports of suicides by grief-stricken fans. Laderman calls it "the birth of the First Church of Celebrity Worship."

"His death and the reaction to it signaled something new in American culture, a shift in the twentieth century to a new and powerful religious culture that begins to take hold and grows with the expanding media."

From radio to movies to the Internet, mass media has made possible instant connections among huge numbers of people, creating networks of fans who can instantly morph into a congregation of devotees upon the tragic death of a well-known figure.

Another novel aspect of our media saints is that they not only died relatively young, but they often led profoundly dysfunctional lives -- dysfunctions that at times contributed to their deaths after achieving the kind of success everyone else desires. Rather than functioning as traditional exemplars of virtue -- sinners who repent and live lives of holiness -- these dead celebs serve as models of redemption that the public can identify with because they are larger-than-life figures in their celebrity, yet all-too-human in private. In that sense Elvis is a classic. "He's somebody who put it together on his own, then screwed it up big time -- lost the wife, lost the kid, did drugs, died a fat, bloated wreck at a relatively young age," said Doss. "He's very much an American saint."

Experts also note that the secularization of the culture, with the decline in traditional religious practices and authority, creates a spiritual vacuum of sorts that is filled by all manner of rituals and figures, including celebrities. In addition, in an increasingly fragmented society, many people find community in a shared devotion to popular figures. And in truth, canonization has historically been a response to grass-roots devotion to a revered figure rather than the top-down process that one sees today in the Roman Catholic Church, for example.

As Erika Doss notes, if corporate capitalism were behind the drive to promote Elvis or MJ or any other dead celebrity, it likely wouldn't work because they would want to push a single brand image onto a public that prefers to create their own memory.

Whether Elvis and Michael Jackson can continue to avoid such corporate control is uncertain.

Celebrations for Elvis' 75th have so far been dominated by highly organized productions, like the glittery "Viva ELVIS" spectacular that the Cirque du Soleil will unveil in Las Vegas next month, or the "Elvis 75" concert in Amsterdam. The TCM cable channel will show Elvis movies all day long (he starred in 33 of them), the Newseum in Washington is opening an "Elvis!" exhibit in March, and there's special new "Jailhouse Rock" Elvis doll. There will of course be many events at Graceland today -- launching a yearlong extravaganza -- including a cake cutting by Elvis' ex-wife Priscilla and his daughter Lisa Marie.

The one thing that can save Elvis and ***** -- and their fans -- from the dead hand of marketing is, as always, the very thing that helped set them apart from the myriad other celebrities who die each year: their undeniable talent.

Across the ages, people have always seen something of the divine in the remarkable artistry of creative geniuses, from Michelangelo to, yes, Michael Jackson.

"What is most tugging to those questing for the religious Michael Jackson is not to be found in biography. Rather, it is, always and forever, in the deus of those songs," Kathryn Lofton, an assistant professor of American studies and religious studies at Yale University, wrote last summer. "It is difficult to think of another singer who has produced more music that serves such ritual function, be it Halloween ('Thriller'), peace summits ('We Are The World'), or the midnight club surge ('Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough')."

Elvis seems to have done much the same with his music, even if his songs were more about the pulsing rhythm than the deeper meaning. "While he may be flawed, there's also that element that seems to touch on the transcendent, or something that is not of this world, and has cultural legs. Very few get there," said Laderman. "But we're in a cultural moment that allows this to happen."

Yes, Michael Jackson is my God, Michael Jackson never let me down as opposed to your God. Thank you very much. I will raise my children in this faith.

Back