Another part of me

Remington Steele

Proud Member
Just listened to the Wembley live version again... boy do I love it!

I wonder why Michael chose to leave it out of the setlist after the bad tour. Do you think it might be due to it being quite physically demanding? On the other hand, he has to move much less in comparison to many of the other songs he played.

He can't play all songs, I know... but looking at existing footage I think the audience very much enjoyed this song and Michael's performance of it. It's one of my all-time-favorite...

The video to remember this great moment in Bad Tour:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vX1q_464vQ

:punk:

Just watched it again. The "This is it" rehearsal footage (when Michael gave advise how to use the instruments) made me wonder: Was he the mind behind all the live songs at the BAD tour, too?
The live version of "Another part of me" seems so perfect... I mean, e.g. at the end, when the instruments stop for a moment (4:25 in the video), and then the synthezizers go "wild" and he continues dancing, it's just amazing... this must have been Michael's idea, right? What do you think?

Oh I love this song. Definitely one of my favorites. :wub:

I love this song :wub: and I think she should have been the definitely in Bad Tour. Michael's performance in this song is amazing and perfect. :wild:

The video to remember this great moment in Bad Tour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vX1q_464vQ

:punk:

Ah, I love this video so much! I watch it all the time and I have this performance on my ipod. He's so amazing and he sounds perfect.
Oh look how gorgeous.

Last edited:
This song is amazing. Its definitely one of my favourites. When he released the album I was 100% sure, he was saying my name Vikki instead of He he. I'd been writing to him every week religously for a good couple of years prior to the release of BAD and I thought he'd got my letters and decided to put my name in his song. Looking back now I have a bit of a chuckle to myself, I was always in my own little dream world when I was a teenager! Oh who am I kidding, I still believe he's saying my name!

Absolutely the best - I was there! I have a photo I took of him singing this from the side of the stage :swoon:

Last edited:
What?! Did someone say "we're sending out a major love"?! I love APoM! Always have. I remember hearing it in clips from Captain EO before Bad and praying that we'd get it and We Are Here to Change the World someday. Had a to wait a long time on that last one. As for leaving it off setlists... I guess it's probably an issue of you can't do them all. It would be assumed that everyone would want to hear certain songs (Billie Jean, etc) and I guess that often meant that many other great ones just got left out.

Love it, absolutely adore this song. I was actually listening to it real loud earlier tonight as i was pulling in on the driveway arriving home. It's such a great driving song, it's bursting with energy. Probably the only thing better than the song itself is the video lol.

mjbunny, adorable doesn't begin to describe this lil peace in ur siggy. God bless ya for putting it there :)

flkuptnc5ef.gif

APOM is just amazing live! I've always loved it! It's one of my fave MJ performances ever.

mjbunny, adorable doesn't begin to describe this lil peace in ur siggy. God bless ya for putting it there :)
Oh, I know :wub: Whenever you need a beautiful distraction, just look at my siggy ;) :swoon:

Absolutely the best - I was there! I have a photo I took of him singing this from the side of the stage :swoon:
Wow, so you were close enough to get a decent pic? :swoon: I saw the Bad Tour as well (in America), so heard APoM live :) but sure wasn't close enough for photos.

I love APOM!!!!!

It reminds me of Sega Genesis lol.

When he busts into at the end of Captain EO it reminds me of him pulling a "HENSHIN!!" lol

and the performance........the best thing ever..his body language is out of control.

God bless you Michael.

I had voted on Another Part of Me to be performed for TII, although I knew he never would. One of my favorites as well, especially performed live.

I didn´t use to look at youtubevideos.
Last summer I found out that I could see Michaels performances there and when I saw APOM i became addicted and I wasn´t the only one.
I hadn´t seen something like it before and I love it.

Another Part Of Me has always been one of my favorites live and in my opinion that is one song that should never be lip synced and i'm thankful that MJ never did that

Such a good song....Michael should have been writing and composing songs for the Disney animated films.

I love when says "Major Love"...although years before I thought he said "I'm Makin Love" because you know how Michael leaves his words hanging alot, for instance he always says "Bai" instead of "Boy"
and in "Come Together" he says "Rah Nah" instead of "Right Now"

awwwwww he's soooooo adorable!!!!!:wub:

that is one of my most favoritest MJ songs! yes i know favoritest is not a word, but it gets my point across...lol. if i'm in my car and that song comes up on my ipod, i turn the volume up super loud and start dancing and grooving like crazy. people in other cars probably look at me like i'm psycho.

i love love love that performance. i watch it all the time. in fact, i think i'll go watch it again!

This is my third favorite song on the bad album, next to Dirty Diana and MITM...I actually fell in love with it when I saw the live performance, while it may only be my third fav off the BAD album, the live performance is second to none.

Back