Another day sound unfinished?

Snippet or track. What ever was leaked. HAHA
k :)

I absolutely love 'Another Day', I think it is such a beautiful and dramatic song. I think it's one of the strongest tracks on the album, I don't understand how people can't like it. However I find it a very sad/depressing song to listen to, I think this is because when you listen to it blasting in your headphones you realise how extremely talented he was and what a great loss he was to the world because no one can ever come close to matching a talent like that. I love MJ's rock songs such as this, 'Dirty Diana' and 'Give Into Me' because it's such a different and dramatic sound for him but it just shows how versatile he was.

Agreed 100%. I still can't believe he never released it..

I absolutely love 'Another Day', I think it is such a beautiful and dramatic song. I think it's one of the strongest tracks on the album, I don't understand how people can't like it. However I find it a very sad/depressing song to listen to, I think this is because when you listen to it blasting in your headphones you realise how extremely talented he was and what a great loss he was to the world because no one can ever come close to matching a talent like that. I love MJ's rock songs such as this, 'Dirty Diana' and 'Give Into Me' because it's such a different and dramatic sound for him but it just shows how versatile he was.

i agree...i love it when he rocks out!

It sounds ok to me, but I'd like to hear MJ solo version, no Lenny Kravitz vocal

what are the difference between the original leaked version and the version on michael album ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi-Z86TFDtU&feature=related

are exactly the same if you remove the dj thucky and cozanostra...

They're not really the same.

The original version had a power style guitar in the backround while the version on the album has annoying funky guitar riffs insted of that raw power guitar sound.

Last edited:
AndreyZidane™;3352413 said:
They're not really the same.

The original ersion had a power style guitar in the backround while the version on the album has annoying funky guitar riffs insted of that raw power guitar sound.

ok thanks, but to me sound the same because the youtube/leaked are very low quality sound...

ok thanks, but to me sound the same because the youtube/leaked are very low quality sound...

Nah, I think it's a pretty big differance regardless of the quality of the leaked version. It's not hidden, it's right there in the instrumental. It's the power and the raw emotion in the guitar in the backround that is missing in the album version where you have those blank emotionless guitar riffs.

I like this song, the problem i have is that the leaked version was instrumental better, but the album version i like michaels voice better, there more adlibs etc.. so dilemma for me

I like this song, the problem i have is that the leaked version was instrumental better, but the album version i like michaels voice better, there more adlibs etc.. so dilemma for me

we need the full 1st version to can judge which version is better.

what are the difference between the original leaked version and the version on michael album ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi-Z86TFDtU&feature=related

are exactly the same if you remove the dj thucky and cozanostra...

Added drums by Dave Grohl, different backing vocals at the end of the chorus (they were Michael's and now they're Lenny's), different guitar during the chorus (the original plays power chords, the album a riff), extra instruments during the second verse and possibly more, but we haven't got the full track to hear that.

Last edited:
i agree...i love it when he rocks out!
It's a shame he didn't do more rock songs, he could have released a whole album just of rock, 'Dirty Diana' and 'Another Day' absolutely blow my mind, they both give me goose bumps every time I hear them. I've just been to London to watch Thriller Live and when they performed 'Dirty Diana' I was absolutely mesmerised.

Sad to say but as much as I love Michaels vocals in the song.. I would much rather strip it and have someone else make the instramental because Lenny's version drags and just sounds like crashing noises and is way too much going on.. It can sound MUCH better.. can we get an acapella version and make our own instramental?? damn

I actually think the old version that leaked on internet is way better than the album version.
The post production in the album version is really bad in my opinion.
The instrument is way too loud and the solo is so weird.
I was so desired to hear this song before they released.
However, I have to say I am so disappointed by the finished version.
Sony should just release the demo as bonus.

^^ I hardly ever listen to it because of that "instramental being too loud" and overall production.. which sux because when I try to block it out I really love mikes vocals.. But the sound does does not go well with the rhythm of the singing.. it just sux really bad..

I thought Lenny was more rhythmically inclined before hearing this IDK what happened.. I'd listen to accapella all the time if I could..

^^ I hardly ever listen to it because of that "instramental being too loud" and overall production.. which sux because when I try to block it out I really love mikes vocals.. But the sound does does not go well with the rhythm of the singing.. it just sux really bad..

QUOTE]

Personally, I take the song as it is. But nevertheless, I can agree with what you're saying. As far as the song's production, it could be much better. The guitar riff on the chorus is too basic-sounding. They should have put more soaring guitar notes in front of that. And the chorus is very repetitive. And they should have added more of a bridge before the guitar solo if they could. Now I can see if that's all they had. But if there was more to the original recording they should have put everything from the original recording into the album version. All my opinion.

Last edited:
partially why the song lacks is because of something very simple.. I learned a long time ago in my music history class that every song has a heart beat.. Because thats what the human ear is appealed to// the first rhythm we are introduced to is THE HEART BEAT.. and every song has that rythem underneath a composition..

As this song DOES have that rhythm in it.. the instrament used to make it is too weak for a vocally strong song.. I'm pretty sure any music teacher will spot out what I'm talking about.. Because of that I think Lenny just turnned up the volume on the instrument to make a larger impact but just gives a drowned out effect.. Though we can hear Mike fine.. instead of complimenting the vocals the instrumental begins to compete with the vocals throwing our attention into two places at once which makes us tune off..

It's a shame he didn't do more rock songs, he could have released a whole album just of rock, 'Dirty Diana' and 'Another Day' absolutely blow my mind, they both give me goose bumps every time I hear them. I've just been to London to watch Thriller Live and when they performed 'Dirty Diana' I was absolutely mesmerised.

totally agree with you, i love the track and a whole album in that vein would have been mind-blowing! :)

When i've heard that snippet from Lenny Kravitz I couldn't wait to hear the full song. But when it came up, i was a little disappointed. This song is so beautiful especially Michael's vocal, but i've been waiting for something more bright and mighty. I think the potential of this song is much higher

Last edited:
It does sound a bit unfinished to me. I'll agree with people who think that the leaked snippet seems to be more "powerful" than the album version.

I prefer the leaked version to the album version, I would liked to have seen Michael work with Dave Grohl

Well, of course it does, I mean it was unfinished, right? Meaning I sorta get the feeling the vocals could've been better and they covered it with instrumentals. It's not bad, though. Just... could've been better.

Back