'America's Next Top Model' recap: Girls channel Michael Jackson style

Gold Pants Girl;3512811 said:
He wasn't happy when he supposedly found out they were women's jackets, but then continued to wear them, even the week he died? ...Right...

Yes right. This is the info I got from two different people that worked with him, one close and one on the production of TII. Someone made a little joke and he got upset. He's told both men and women wear the jackets and when someone cracked a joke about it he didn't found that funny. I'm sorry I ever said anything about it.
I was wrong and you're right.

Edit: The close person isn´t Karen Faye, it´s his assistant. I won´t post what he´s been saying in a thread that can be read by non members. So stop with all that. If you want to know I can send it in a pm.

Last edited:
I know this will sound stupid but by looking at the jackets I wouldn't know it was for a woman unless someone told me.

These clothes are amazing. Did Michael really own and wore all them? Or were they replicas created by Ruska for that show?

saw this episode the other day. I thought it was really sweet that no one was eliminated.

I don't think MJ had qualms about putting on women's clothes. After all he wore Katherine's blazer at Motown 25 which became the famous Billie Jean jacket. He also used women's parfume because he thought they smellt better. Not to mention his use of make-up. Karen said once Michael didn't believe in strict rules regarding what a man and a woman should or is allowed to wear. I know, it's Karen... but I can believe this. Michael was an artist always pushing boundaries and if you think about it what each gender is supposed to wear is only regulated by the conventions of the given era you live in, but they are not universial. For example in ancient Egypt men wore make-up. Now men aren't supposed to wear make-up (though it's starting to change), but who says it's wrong for men to wear make-up and why should we follow anyone else's opinion about what you should or what you should not wear? It's just a convention. I can see why Michael didn't like to be bound by such conventions and rules.

At the same time I also believe what moodyblue97 said. Maybe that remark made by that person was rude, misinterpreting the meaning of MJ wearing a female jacket and that's why MJ got offended.

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael wore girl's jeans/slacks in the late 70's too, with that tiny waist of his. My dad was quite skinny like Michael in the 70's, and he literally could not find jeans small enough to fit his waist so he bought girl's jeans instead!

I honestly doubt Michael had a problem with it. He's been embracing the androgynous look for most of his life.

My attitude is if fashion says it’s forbidden, I’m going to do it.

Michael said this in Moonwalk so I'm pretty sure he didn't care about the clothing being designed for women. Like respect77 said maybe he didn't like the tone of the remark and not the remark itself.

MJ rockin' the Balmain jacket.
:pleased::shades::eek:k::give_heart::cute:
Looks dam good to me!
Michael-Jackson-Balmain-Jacket.jpg
michael-jackson-style_116358_top_small.jpg

12+BALMAIN+MJ+JACKETS.JPG
med_gallery_566_2139_142041.jpg
6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a63b751a970b-800wi.jpg

He's gorgeous and cool. :girl_in_love:

She was his stylist the last couple of years. How could he not know Balmain Jackets were for women when he took on Rushka's own Jacket to wear?

Makes no sense.

Not to mention that he wore them in even his final weeks with us, physically.

I like Angelea and Briana's photo's the best.

That's true Ashtanga.
I didn't like them too much either at first. But they kinda grew on me. :cheeky:
He's wearing it well. I especially like the all black one.

I like the first one with gold design on the shoulders and the side and with Michael's curls again it reminded me of the 90s.

the shoulder pads are scary :bugeyed, I do not like. :fear: But who cares? The most important thing is that Michael liked and felt good with them, all that matters. :wub:

Ashtanga, these shoulder pads are very different from the '80s shoulder pads. I think they look more sophisticated than the ones our parents wore in the '80s.

balmain-shoulder-finished.jpg

And if you notice, in The Immortal, the guys costumes for Smooth Criminal have a similar shoulder lift.

;) I think it was an obvious nod to MJ's final fashion statement.

Here is my favorite Balmain jacket he wore. To say it's fierce would be an understatement.

2926balmainjack_415x600.jpg

Last edited:
Ashtanga, these shoulder pads are very different from the '80s shoulder pads. I think they look more sophisticated than the ones our parents wore in the '80s.

balmain-shoulder-finished.jpg

And if you notice, in The Immortal, the guys costumes for Smooth Criminal have a similar shoulder lift.

;) I think it was an obvious nod to MJ's final fashion statement.

Here is my favorite Balmain jacket he wore. To say it's fierce would be an understatement.

2926balmainjack_415x600.jpg

I know. ;) BUT... The problem is with me :fear: because I do not like shoulder pads. :nono: :doh: Not even of 80s and neither of these modern. :eek: :fear:

Back