'America's Next Top Model' recap: Girls channel Michael Jackson style

0o0jackie0o0

Proud Member
This week's photoshoot will see the girls portraying Michael Jackson at various stages throughout his career. They're getting styled by his personal stylist Rushka and working with a photographer who did a Jackson pictorial for Italian Vanity Fair. The icing on the cake, however, is that Jackson's own sister La Toya will be overseeing the entire shoot, much to the excitement of everybody.

© The CW

La Toya then joins Tyra Banks, Nigel Barker and Andre Leon Talley as the guest judge at this week's elimination panel. (See all the girls' photographs in the gallery below)

Shannon is first to face the panel and gets praise all around. The only slight critique comes from Tyra who wants to see more connection in her face when she is looking at the camera. Kayla is next up and equally praised. La Toya thinks the picture looks like it was taken in the middle of the concert, while Andre thinks the tension in her hands and neck shows true passion. Dominique is also roundly praised.

The panel are less enthusiastic about Angelea. Nigel says although it's intense, cool and different, it doesn't immediately bring Michael Jackson to mind. La Toya doesn't think she uses her lines to full effect, while Tyra thinks she can do better.

Allison's cute Jackson 5-era pose is widely praised, with La Toya saying it perfectly captures the essence of the time, while Bre is praised for standing on point in her picture but remaining calm in her face.

© The CW

Alexandria's picture is praised for being quirky and having a sense of humour, while Laura's is praised for her body shape and sense of caring, nobility, grace and dignity.

Lisa's splits in mid-air pose gets a mixed reaction. Tyra likes the fact she has a signature move and sticks to it, but Andre thinks the picture doesn't channel Michael Jackson and calls it the "weakest link" in the bunch.

Finally, it's Bianca's turn and the judges think the picture is a bit timid and shows "the wrong kind of naivety". Tyra reveals that Miss J called her after the runway to say Bianca had told him she didn't know why she was here. Bianca admits it's been a rough week because she thinks the other girls have realised she is competition and are attacking her. Tyra says the message is to hold on to your model and also your energy.

But, there is a twist. La Toya says: "I have to tell you my brother was about love, expression and giving and what I saw in the photoshoot is you all gave our love and expression so because of that I'm not sending anyone home. You are all safe."

America's Next Top Model airs Wednesdays at 9/8c on The CW
Image 1 of 10 > Next

sorry if already posted but i cant see this anywhere
source: http://www.digitalspy.com.au/ustv/n...ecap-girls-channel-michael-jackson-style.html
photos are posted below

Last edited:
618_realitytv_antm_jackson_alison.jpg

618_realitytv_antm_jackson_alexandria.jpg

618_realitytv_antm_jackson_angelea.jpg

618_realitytv_antm_jackson_bianca.jpg

Last edited:
great thread...the girls did a great job from I can see from those photo's. Thank you for sharing this with us..:)

I didn't know Michael Jackson had a stylist. They're getting styled by Michael Jackson's personal stylist Rushka.

The J5 and Beat It photos are awesome.

5, 8 and 10?

Yay! Great idea! I wish they'd do something like that in my country's version of Top Model!
Michael is so inspiring not only for musicians, dancers but also for MODELS!

(and for painters... *blushing* )

Dtwmjj;3510642 said:
I didn't know Michael Jackson had a stylist. They're getting styled by Michael Jackson's personal stylist Rushka.

He didn´t. She worked with him one time or two. And she dressed him in all those Balmain jackets that are for women, when he found out he wasn´t that happy.

These girls look great :)

Oops I just made a thread of this on the Michael Mania section. I guess someone can erased it? Anyways I love this show and they did a good job but, I cringed when La toya took out that belt. It was obvious on her part that she wanted to promote that horrible looking thing. About those Jackets MJ wore by Rushka he looked better in them then any women could have. They fit his style with the other jackets he wore over the yrs with flare. Why would he be surprise they were for women when Ruska ( a women herself) had one of her jackets on and that's how MJ saw it the first time. He like it so she gave it to him and made him more. Well, that's my understanding of how those Jackets came about? Either way like I said MJ IMO wore them great!

moodyblue97;3510969 said:
He didn´t. She worked with him one time or two. And she dressed him in all those Balmain jackets that are for women, when he found out he wasn´t that happy.

She was his stylist the last couple of years. How could he not know Balmain Jackets were for women when he took on Rushka's own Jacket to wear?

Makes no sense.

618_realitytv_antm_jackson_lisa.jpg

This Thriller jacket looks way more like Michael's Thriller jacket, than the cheap halloween version Paris wore for that messy tribute -_-

This Thriller jacket looks way more like Michael's Thriller jacket, than the cheap halloween version Paris wore for that messy tribute -_-

You noticed that too..? I thought it was most likely a bootleg version, like the counterfeited belt they had her wearing. I have seen the official thriller replicas and they look very much like the real thing.

She was his stylist the last couple of years. How could he not know Balmain Jackets were for women when he took on Rushka's own Jacket to wear?

Makes no sense.

Agree, make no sense at all. And yes he made them look great even if his wide shoulders disappeared in them.

Agree, make no sense at all. And yes he made them look great even if his wide shoulders disappeared in them.

I am a fan of Balmain. And I looooooooooved MJ in Balmain. It was left field and totally fashion forward. And I would pay to see a guy rock the Balmain Jackets the way he did. NO ONE CAN.

I know many fans didn't like him wearing women clothes...but it no different from him wearing Katherine's "Billie Jean" jacket. He just made it his.

I am a fan of Balmain. And I looooooooooved MJ in Balmain. It was left field and totally fashion forward. And I would pay to see a guy rock the Balmain Jackets the way he did. NO ONE CAN.

I know many fans didn't like him wearing women clothes...but it no different from him wearing Katherine's "Billie Jean" jacket. He just made it his.

No man can carry women clothes like Michael, ever. I'm not one of those people not liking what he put on, he looked amazing in everything.

I was really hoping for Lisa to go home, her photo was by far the least inspiring, and those stupid "Splits" poses she does on EVERY photo from this cycle and the last cycle she was in, made her more than eligible to be sent home.

Not to mention the Splits were totally unecessary for the Michael Jackson photoshoot!

Great idea and very cool photos!
Wish they would do this in Germanys Next Topmodel, too :D

moodyblue97;3510969 said:

He wasn't happy when he supposedly found out they were women's jackets, but then continued to wear them, even the week he died? ...Right...

Back