Algebra - anyone?

Just to keep you all updated - I got an A for a final grade in my new College Algebra class!! Woo hoo!! I guess I did need to take the lecture class after all...

I find out what I got in my college Algebra class today. I hope its at least a C / C+

^^lol can't say I'm bad at math but I most certainly hate it :puke:

Re: Algebra - anyone???? Financial Aid

Keeping my fingers crossed for you BillieJean84!! Good luck!

Thank yhou so much becuase if I don't get a certain good enough grade, I won't get any grants ; my financial aid will be changed....

I would have a much higher GPA if math did not exist. Well, actually, now that I think about it...I would have NO GPA if math didn't exist. :lol:

...I think I prefer it that way.

I got a C+ in math part 1 !! But it brought my GPA down some. I start math 2 Jan.4

Ok this question for review is the square root of 45 and the instructions are to rewrite it in simplified radical form.

Please help!!!

Never done this before, but I hope this is correct! ( \/ = square root ) …

\/45 = \/(9 * 5).

Since \/9 = 3, solution is 3\/(5) or 3 times square root of 5.

ok what if its something like this square root (theres no sq.rt sign) of 28 and it says to write in simplified radical form...

and this problem -((-1) ^ 2 -3) ^2 + 5*3

Hope this is correct again! ...

\/(28) = \/(4 * 7).

Since \/(4) = 2, solution is 2\/(7) or 2 times square root of 7.

This is serious. If anyone needs any extra help in algebra, on a pre-calculus level, you can email me. I will try to help you....just PM me and we'll talk ok?

And when you do email me, type it exactly like it appears in the book your using...it's hard to see superscripts here...maybe even scan it in so I can see what you are talking about. I am a very visual person...I need to see it exactly like it appears in the book...

Last edited:
ok what if its something like this square root (theres no sq.rt sign) of 28 and it says to write in simplified radical form...

and this problem -((-1) ^ 2 -3) ^2 + 5*3

Okay. Does it look like this?? -((-1)-2)*3)2 +5*3?

If so, do the first parts first. -(-1)-2 is equal to -(-1/2) due to the negative sign on the superscript. Next, -1/2 * 3 equals -3/2. -( -3/2 ^2) equals -3^2/2^2 or -9/4. Next, 5*3 equals 15. Now put it all together, and you have -9/4 + 15 or -2.25 + 15. That turns out to be 12.75

Last edited:
I so need help with review. I will email over some problems just for reviewing.
my email is xtiffxanyx@gmail.com {I have several}

the next prob I am having trouble with: (3y^8) ^4
_____

2zy^2) ^4

This prob is in 1 big parenthesis

Last edited:
thanks much appreciated. Okay so I see what you did- you just simply broke it up.
The 4 exponent, is to the 3 in ( ) , then the 8 is to the y in ( ) then just simply do it...

thanks!!

Back