Akon's New Album Release Date -- HMH Not 1st Single

Re: Akon's New Album Release Date: Should Hold My Hand Be Released Soon?

Freedom is the third studio album by singer, Akon. Likely features are 50 Cent, T-Pain and Michael Jackson .The album was originally named Acquitted.

Confirmed Tracks
  • "Hold My Hand"featuring Michael Jackson)
  • "Right Now (Na Na Na)
  • "Clap Again"(6)
Source; Wikipedia.

So calm down people...

Ah, see, no need to trip. Akon would be straight up out of his mind to not release a track with Michael Jackson on it.

Well, Wikipedia isn't exactly a reliable source....

I'm sure it is gonna be in the album .because Akon fans and Michael's fans will buy the album.and then it will sell millions .

Why would MJ fans buy the whole album when they can just download the single? :lol:

That's really a shame if it doesn't get released. Akon shouldn't take people that leak music to heart.

That's really a shame if it doesn't get released. Akon shouldn't take people that leak music to heart.

If the song is going to be on the CD, I would find it strange and surprising if it is not released as a follow up single at some point in the future...

First off...I gotta say that new single of Akon's is gunna AMAZING. After the first listen I am seriously in love with it. I can tell that song will be on my cd for my car lol. It will be a big hit too...very catchy. Especially the "Na Na Na"... haha great! Im looking forward to Akon's new album and will buy it as soon as it comes out.

Secondly, I am a bit disappointed that HMH will not be the lead off single. I was very excited for it. That doesn't mean HMH is history so to say. I have a feeling the song will be released as Akon's 3rd or 4th single (first single released end of Sept, second single released early December, third single released early March, fourth single by May/June) It should be the third of fourth. The most important thing is to make sure it actually makes the final track listing of the album. I imagine the track listing should be finalized by Halloween or shortly after. So that means there is still another month to decide the final tracks of the album. Michael better be on it! It would be pretty stupid on Akon's part to not include a recorded duet with Michael Jackson on his album.

Regardless, I am looking forward to Akon's new album. His last "Konvicted" was great, I bought it and still enjoy the songs. Considering Kon's history with picking great sounding hits, "Freedom" should be pretty good. We can all pray that MJ is featured!

Since HMH is not the single released, and since we already have a HMH thread, this thread is being moved to Music Makes the World Go Round as this thread is more about Akon than MJ.

What are you all? Future tellers or something?

Stop saying I reckon, I think, I know and for God's sake have PATIENCE once!

UGH!!!!

i hope he releases it as a single too coz otherwise i'll have to buy the whole album

there are rumours circulating that michael came up with the name of "freedom" for akons new album

Back