Akon talks about Michael Jackson (new interview)

Yeah he must have meant that. If only he had said "duets"...;D I don't like his music but give him props for showing MJ so much love and standing up for him. Yall remember the interview where he was telling the rude interviewer not to mess with MJ? Oooh! I'll never forget that!
Much respect to Akon for that ^^

this should be the right link to the interview:

http://derodeloper.een.be/reportage/akon-veroordeeld-tot-de-muziek

The part about Michael starts at about 2:00
"Akon also remixed 'wanna be startin somethin', a Michael Jackson song, for the 25th anniversary of Thriller, the bestselling album ever. He also really admires Michael as an artist."
*little piece of the interview*
"There has been rumours that Akon would produce Michael Jacksons new record and that would be the biggest honour for him."
* little piece of interview*
The end!

I'm sorry about the bad translation, it's really hard to translate something because I hear the sentences in Dutch, so I think in Dutch and that makes it hard to make a proper sentence in english! :D

Don't forget Mick Jagger + MJ - State of Shock

Patti Austin + MJ - It's the Falling in Love

There are others. If Akon really said this quote - he is talking out of his backside!!

I'm sorry.. but am I the only one who isn't touched one bit by the work AKon has delivered thusfar musically speaking?

nope,i only have 3of his songs on my ipod lol. hold my hand,dont matter,and i 4got the other 1. the only1 that gets play is HMH tho. theres nothin special about his music,all of his tracks sound the same and its annoying

nope,i only have 3of his songs on my ipod lol. hold my hand,dont matter,and i 4got the other 1. the only1 that gets play is HMH tho. theres nothin special about his music,all of his tracks sound the same and its annoying
You got me beat, aside from WBSS2008, and HMH, there's no Akon on mine

who is Rockwell??

for all we know Akon collab.. could give Michael another classic like Rockwell did???
He recorded Somebody's Watching Me with Michael and Jermaine on backing vocals. He's also the son of Berry Gordy, making him and Jermaine former brothers in law

He had 2 top 40 singles on the Hot 100:
Somebody's Watching Me- #1 Pop, #2 R&B
Obscene Phone Caller- #35 Pop

New (?!) video of Akon briefly talking about MJ:

(EDIT: Kind of interesting how they for some reason muted Akon's vocals when he's talking about his gold mine and blood diamonds)

yeah, there ain't much akon kan do about it, cus everybody is gunna keep askin him. and he has to give the same answer. it's a secret. it's about the only believable thing on repeat, as opposed to the negative ish about MJ that we hear all the time.

I'm sorry.. but am I the only one who isn't touched one bit by the work AKon has delivered thusfar musically speaking?

No your not!

lol at Akon saying that MJ dosen't collaborate with to many people

MJ has collaborated with

Quincy Jones
Teddy Riley
Stevie Wonder
Lionel Richie
Rod Temperton
R Kelly
Eddie Van Halen
Slash

Just to name a few lol

I think he meant dueting. It's also possible it was a journalist's fault. There are very few duets by Michael that's been released as a single, too. I think there's only "The Girl Is Mine" (with PMC), "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (with Siedah Garrett) and "Scream" (with Janet). I think "Girlfriend" wasn't ever released as a proper single.

All the rest duets are not released as a single or those that are are on the other people's albums, not his own solo albums. Other duets on other artists' albums are: "Say Say Say" (PMC), "Get It" (Stevie Wonder), "Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin'" (Jermaine and only in Japan I think), "The Man" (PMC and only promo), "Whatsupwitu" (Eddie Murphy and only promo?)... Am I right?

Last edited:
Really?
At what point did Akon say, "I'm the shit!"
Look, you don't have to like him, but at least don't put words into the guys mouth. He deserves just as much respect as Michael Jackson.
Do your homework, he's said ALOT of great things about MJ. And whether we like it or not, Akon's gonna play a role in Mike's comeback.

Hollaback.

huh! EVERytime he talks about Mj, there are things that he says/that makes him such a legend! as far as credibility,he is trying to reach Mj!haha. he knows he cant reach him,but he wanna show off.and most artists do that today.

Back