Akon talks about Michael Jackson (new interview)

PieterM

Proud Member
Hey guys!

As you might know, Akon performed last week in Antwerp (Belgium). "De Rode Loper", a television program, interviewed the performer. During the interview Akon talks about Michael Jackson.

"Akon has also worked on Wanna Be Startin' Something for Thriller 25, a remake of the biggest selling album of all time. He admires Michael Jackson very much as artist."

Akon: "I think he's one of the greatest pop artist that will ever live. He set the standard so high, that it's hard for artists to match that. It's very hard, it's not easy."

De Rode Loper: "But you are trying?"

Akon: "As far as credibility, I'm definately trying. As record sales I don't think anyone will ever sell more than 200 million albums."

"There are rumours that Akon will produce the new album of Michael Jackson. That would be the greatest honour for Akon."

Akon: "That's a very big accomplishment. He doens't collaborate with too many people at all. I can't remember he ever collaborated with anyone outside of Paul McCartney."

Video: http://derodeloper.een.be/reportage/akon-veroordeeld-tot-de-muziek

lol at Akon saying that MJ dosen't collaborate with to many people

MJ has collaborated with

Quincy Jones
Teddy Riley
Stevie Wonder
Lionel Richie
Rod Temperton
R Kelly
Eddie Van Halen
Slash

Just to name a few lol

lol at Akon saying that MJ dosen't collaborate with to many people

MJ has collaborated with

Quincy Jones
Teddy Riley
Stevie Wonder
Lionel Richie
Rod Temperton
R Kelly
Eddie Van Halen
Slash

Just to name a few lol

aww bless, let him think hes special :p

He's collaborated lots of times! Stevie Wonder included! Just not all of the duets get released.

well comparing to Akon, he really doesn't... lol. I like akon though, he gives Michael a lot of respect:)

the usual crap...Akon flattering himself

Really?
At what point did Akon say, "I'm the shit!"
Look, you don't have to like him, but at least don't put words into the guys mouth. He deserves just as much respect as Michael Jackson.
Do your homework, he's said ALOT of great things about MJ. And whether we like it or not, Akon's gonna play a role in Mike's comeback.

Hollaback.

He can only remember Paul McCartney? Wow, shows how much he knows.

I think Akon meant as far as singing, not producing. Must less people singing with Michael.

wow...this is the first time i've seen an artist heap so much praise on MJ and still receive a lot of negativity. what are people gunna say if Akon sees this site, then stops saying positive things about MJ?

In my humbled opinion, Akon is an ok guy. he is likeable and I appreciate he has his own style and doesn't overdo or emulate MJ like sooooo many. Besides that, he gives Michael BIGTIME props thats very well deserved.

who is Rockwell??

for all we know Akon collab.. could give Michael another classic like Rockwell did???

really?
At what point did akon say, "i'm the shit!"
look, you don't have to like him, but at least don't put words into the guys mouth. he deserves just as much respect as michael jackson.
do your homework, he's said alot of great things about mj. And whether we like it or not, akon's gonna play a role in mike's comeback.

Hollaback.

he does?:blink:

AND AS FAR AS COLLABOS I THINK HE MEANT DUETS LOL, LETS SEE JANET,ROCKWELL,EDDIE,PAUL,STEVIE,AND SIEDAH IS ALL I CAN THINK OFF LOL

Last edited:
Akon: "That's a very big accomplishment. He doens't collaborate with too many people at all. I can't remember he ever collaborated with anyone outside of Paul McCartney."

Pfft, has he even listened to any of Michael's album since Thriller?

How many duets has Michael done?
Stevie Wonder
Janet Jackson
Siedah Garret
Paul McCartney

Any others are featured guests, not duets. Akon and MJ did a duet for HMH. Akon is one of few who have done a duet with Michael. He is right in that sense.

Akon's a cool guy when it comes to Michael. But he didn't duet with Michael. It was more like Michael was featured on Akon's song.

I think Akon meant as far as singing, not producing. Must less people singing with Michael.
Yeah he must have meant that. If only he had said "duets"...;D I don't like his music but give him props for showing MJ so much love and standing up for him. Yall remember the interview where he was telling the rude interviewer not to mess with MJ? Oooh! I'll never forget that!

Back