Akon Speaks at Length About "Hold My Hand" Etc.

so stupid that they didnt release it.

just look at usher's "love in this club".

the producer polow da pon himself leaked the track to the internet, but the management was wise to scrap all plans and release the song immediately a few days after the leak on itunes and then generally.

the song entered the charts at sixty something in the billboard hot 100 and went straight to number one the following week. even with thousands of illegal downloads before the release.

same thing would have worked for michael jackson and akon. it really is the only thing you can do when something gets leaked, release it right away and take advantage of the internet hype surrounding it. there will be more illegal downloads of course, but still, usher made his way to #1.

Leak or no leak, i don't know if the track was strong enough to be very popular. I mean it would have gotten some good rotation of radio stations, but I feel like it wouldn't have the staying power we all think it would have had. I believe if there was any kind of promotion, performance, and music video for it would have def. gone through the roof. But I didn't expect any of that to happen either.

personally i dont beleive the story from akon. the leaked happened in the summer thats 6 months ago. so if that was the first single and the album was done where is it? lol ontop of the news we are still getting about mj meeting with ppl such as stargate

The album is not done. MJs still meeting and receiving material.
If it was meant to be the first single, it was meant to be released much, much later than it was leaked.

yet if the album isnt done u cant decide on what will be the first release because u have no idea which songs will be on it . ontop of the fact mj always chops and changes tracklisting b4 a final one is picked.personally i think akon likes to hype things up as he knows no one will contridict him

Some fans need to remember that YOU do NOT know everything that Michael is doing when it comes to his comeback, life, friends, and who he is working with in the music biz. And just because you do not like a certain artist does NOT mean Michael does not like that artist or want to work that artist. Just wait and see.

I can't believe that Michael was gonna release this song as his comeback single.The song is good and beautiful but MICHAEL JACKSON ' S COMEBACK SINGLE?NO , No , NO ! I hope his next song will be good as use to be.

Some fans need to remember that YOU do NOT know everything that Michael is doing when it comes to his comeback, life, friends, and who he is working with in the music biz. And just because you do not like a certain artist does NOT mean Michael does not like that artist or want to work that artist. Just wait and see.

It has been 8 years (this October) since Michael's last all new studio album..... i think it is perfectly understandable that fans will speculate and question what his next release will be. :smilerolleyes:

It has been 8 years (this October) since Michael's last all new studio album..... i think it is perfectly understandable that fans will speculate and question what his next release will be. :smilerolleyes:

very true.

AH! Thanks! :)

(waits for someone to say there is no new MJ album so I could bitch-slap them) :)

Whahahahah , you make me really laugh !:hysterical:
Im really waiting for his new project .. I will truly buy them ! :punk:

I can't beleive mike was going to release this song as the first single what a let down that would be its not even a strong so. Nice but not ground breaking

Ok, lets just say the scenerio was correct that this was to be off the new album as Akon has said, and have you actually hear any denial from Michael, or his spokesperson? Do you really think Akon would be able and want to say that this was to be it, if it was not!

Michael and Akon, as he said had great plans, michael in particular had a great strategy and plan for release, first this Video was supposed to have been done or being done, who knows what it would of been like, who knows what things Michael had planned as in performances etc!

I just think that Akon would not say these things if it where not to get some more interest out here, and why, becuase i believe we will get a new release by summer, and a full album i believe now, if we have not heard anything by march then you wont get till Fall at earliest, but if michael wants to release a small amount of singles of the new cd , then we could easily have a new single within the next few months!

one more thing , if people think this would not of been good then think again, none mjfans heard it and went mad on it, i mean why do you think its got 15 million downloads? becuase its free? NO! because it Michael Jackson! and take it or leave it that Name still sells.

Also want to say that MICHAEL could very easy use Sony again to release, and there must of been an avenue he was going to release this so yes ! he has some publishing and distribuction already worked out.

I think the coming months will be interesting, mark my words!

The single grows on you, and this defo would not be the most powerful on the album but its melody! Sadly lacking in todays music, i mean listen to Akons new cd now, clearly he found how to challenge himself after working with Michael, has anybody heard *beautiful*?? on Akons thats very Michaelish and i swear i even could say at one point where it goes chorus Michaels backing!

Terry

Lately I have been one of the most cynical people in this forum and this interview has totally changed my outlook for 2009. I really expect the album to hit this year, unless it isn't the right time, lol. All these talks about Michael meeting with people means nothing. Some of them are old news and others could be meetings to finalize songs, or find that 1 great song to replace HMH.
I agree that HMH probably wasn't the best choice for his "comeback" because he doesn't take the lead like he should, but it isn't a bad song. I actually like it; I just wished he sang more of the verses rather than letting Akon take control…

Michael Joseph Jackson ain't got no label right now. ;)
He ain't got no distributor to sell his music yet. :lol:
And age-confusing Aliaune "Akon" Thiam don't know what he talking about. :rofl:
How does HE know it was 15 million downloads, did Michael tell him that or did the Guinness World Records called him personally? :p
Plus MJ was "this close" in 2007 and 2008, now he's close in 2009? :lol:

Things that make you go hmmm...
Don't get testy, I'm just saying, something doesn't sound right.
Plus he talkin' too much. He better lay low or he'll wound up like Sisqo, Lenny Kravitz, Wyclef and George Michael. :lol:

True we don't know what's going on with this "record" but why act like people do know what's going to happen. We're again wondering "what the hail is going on?" :lol:

Man, Akon needs to focus on his own music right about now.

It seems like everytime he talks, the story changes. LOL!

When this whole thing came out, didn't Akon say that the song would be on both his and MJ's new joint. Now all of a sudden the song was meant for MJ only. Which I find hard to believe because Akon is doing the majority of singing on the song. Doesn't matter whether you like the song or not (I like the song), the question is why would MJ's song feature so much of Akon singing?

Man, Akon needs to focus on his own music right about now.

It seems like everytime he talks, the story changes. LOL!

When this whole thing came out, didn't Akon say that the song would be on both his and MJ's new joint. Now all of a sudden the song was meant for MJ only. Which I find hard to believe because Akon is doing the majority of singing on the song. Doesn't matter whether you like the song or not (I like the song), the question is why would MJ's song feature so much of Akon singing?

I agree. I mean if the song was meant for Michael, then let him do the song himself and Akon can pop up in the chorus like he does for songs by Nelly and B.O.N.E. Thugs or whoever. :lol:

If Hold My Hand was going to be the first release from Michael's album, the album IS a lot closer than we think to release, that is for certain. Also, it is probably a good indication of the sound that Michael is going for on his new record, although I am sure Mike will have many more a trick up his sleeve other than the sounds we heard on HMH.

i was soooo thinking this lol!

I don't think HMH would've been right for a comeback single for MJ. It's a good song, but Michael doesn't sing too much on it. He sings that first verse, and then some backup stuff, but it's more of an "Akon featuring MJ" than MJ featuring Akon. It seems like it would belong on Akon's CD, not Michael's.
HOWEVER.
I'm still quite excited about this. I love hearing confirmation about Michael workin' hard on his new album! =D

Thanks for posting! :) Dang, it would of been big.. but oh well. Good to hear though that Michael had a marketing strategy and a plan for this song.. would of been amazing I bet.

And to think of all the possibilities that could have happened, went outta the window after that song got leaked.....makes me sick to my stomach a little. Thank you for posting this.

Akon is so tired. He need to go sit the fuck down somewhere and let MJ do his thing.

Do you really think Akon would be able and want to say that this was to be it, if it was not!
he can say whatever he wants whats mj gonna do sue him lol

Michael Joseph Jackson ain't got no label right now. ;)
He ain't got no distributor to sell his music yet. :lol:
to be fair we have no idea what deals mj has or hasnt got. we are not privey to any info until announcements are made. we have no clue about what talks/deals have been done if any have

he can say whatever he wants whats mj gonna do sue him lol

to be fair we have no idea what deals mj has or hasnt got. we are not privey to any info until announcements are made. we have no clue about what talks/deals have been done if any have

Well that's up to them if they wanna tell the news reporters, I don't reckon they will anyway, lol.

im sorry but if hold my hand was a first release on the album that would be a massive disappointment for me. I think the song is very poor.

So it was a dissapointment that HMH got leaked but for a pre release "leaked" track the download numbers were whopping. I mean, wasnt it like up on the charts as well?
So like if you multiply this acknowledgement and success to his massive album marketings and ideas ... Well ... Im pretty surethe equation equals to an explosion of a "comeback". The brightest ... Biggest anyone has ever seen ;)

Spot on Stargirl!!

It is this what i have been saying, 15 million downloads! Look at the way it was recieved even by non mj fans or even some non Akon fans! It was the bomb!

Terry

Back