After two days of radio airplay, Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" scores a No. 1 Billboard ranking.

Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" scores a No. 1 Billboard ranking.

NEWS' REPORT: After two days of radio airplay, Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" scores a No. 1 Billboard ranking.

The controversial preview track from "Michael," due Dec. 14, debuts atop the R&B/Hip-Hop Songs' Bubbling Under chart, which showcases the top 25 titles that have yet to reach the 100-position R&B/Hip-Hop Songs survey.

"Breaking News" logged 1.1 million impressions on 52 R&B/hip-hop stations after just two days of airplay, according to Nielsen BDS. Among all stations monitored by BDS, "Breaking News" registered 302 plays on 177 stations, amounting to an audience of 2.6 million, since its arrival Monday (Nov. 8).

Despite its rising chart status, "Breaking News" logged 94% of its two-day audience among R&B/Hip-Hop Songs panelists in its first day of availability. Fifty R&B/hip-hop stations played the song Monday, but just four programmed it Tuesday.

Adult R&B reporter WBLS/New York spun "Breaking News" once Monday. "Listeners seemed to think that 'Breaking News' sounds 'unfinished' and is not a representation of the level of perfection that Michael sought in his music," says WBLS program director Skip Dillard.

"Many listeners who responded asked to hear other tracks and said that they'll be interested to hear what else is on the upcoming album."

http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbeat/weekly-chart-notes-rihanna-mar...

Re: After two days of radio airplay, Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" scores a No. 1 Billboard rank

WHY do some still talk about Jason Malachi? It has been made totally clear it is NOT Jason. He has said so himself.

Hahahahaha.....so since Jason Malachi himself said it's not him secretly singing on the track we should all believe him. Wow. Just wow. Ooookay.

Re: After two days of radio airplay, Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" scores a No. 1 Billboard rank

is #1 good ? - what do you think LOL- Of course it is. It's great.

WHY do some still talk about Jason Malachi? It has been made totally clear it is NOT Jason. He has said so himself.

Of course its nt Jason Malchi It has been made totally clear that it is JAMES PORTE SINGING

Congratulation James Porte
1st withing two days :clapping:

Hahahahaha.....so since Jason Malachi himself said it's not him secretly singing on the track we should all believe him. Wow. Just wow. Ooookay.

Some fans have gone too far. Yeah, every one is entitled right to speak their opinion. You can choose don't believe the statement. But, why don't you have to bother to directly/indirectly indicate others to follow you?

There has def. MJ on BN. None can deny it. The Estate have made their official statement as well. At this point, I fail to find any reason why they and sony would risk their reputation just for one song. Now, we fans, Estate and sony are now in the same camp, regardless of whether you like it or not.

If you decide to boycott the album, it's your business. But, please leave your negative and subjective words and passions in the appropriate threads. Thx a lot.

Re: Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" scores a No. 1 Billboard ranking.

Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" scores a No. 1 Billboard ranking-very good news:) you go Michael!

Huh? Am I missing something here? This is NOT good news.

So loads of Hip Hop stations played it on Monday. This is where it picked up 94% of its spins.
Then on Tuesday it was ony played by 4 Hip Hop stations.

How can that mean the song is well received???? If it was well received is should have increased or maintained it's spins on it's second day. Being dropped by the vast majority of stations after 1 day means the song is received very badly indeed.

Today is Friday and my guess is it won't be played on any stations and will never make it onto the main chart.

I thought it was an award for best sound a like mj song
Cos it deserves a fucking Grammy for that

IT BASICALLY MEANS THE SONG IS IN POSITION 101.
LOOOOL

The article seems like a joke.
ANYWAY, radio stations didn't receive any promo or were supposed to air the song I THINK. It was not a proper single release.
No MP3 file, just streaming from the site..

Don't count this as a single.. Let's see how HOLD MY HAND performs in the chart before crying..

Congratulations Jason Malachi! It's been a long, hard road for you but you've finally made it to the big-time! Way to go, buddy!

Yes, because having a hit without people knowing it's you singing is a huge victory career wise :scratch:and no doubt that a MJ hit would make millions of people buy Jason's music :doh: Oh, well, I quite like Jason, so not a bad thing if they did... but well, not a big chance of that happening because of BN.

Oh but we DO know it's him singing, Georgy. We DO.

And I'm sure eventually the rest of the public will know as well. I foresee a Milli Vanilli situation down the road.

Oh but we DO know it's him singing, Georgy. We DO.

And I'm sure eventually the rest of the public will know as well. I foresee a Milli Vanilli situation down the road.

Lol, do not pretend that your imagined facts have anything to do with reality :hysterical:

MV were cool, I still love their songs :punk:

In the new versions of the song...Michael can be clearly heard. It's MJ..... I was very sceptical at first but now I'm pretty sure it's MJ.

the song wasn't released as a single. with all the nonsense that happened Im actually surprised it reached 101

I am happy for this.

Even if estate are making mistakes sometimes, I will stand by it and have fairly positive attitude. Because in 10-15 years from now on, this Estate will get in the children of Michael Jackson hands.

I do not want to boycott, because Estate can lose massively, and God knows if they won't start taking it apart, or selling parts of the catalog.

I want the Estate to stay integral and even grow by the time it reaches in Prince, Paris & Blanket hands. :wub:

makes me sick...

Jason porte is the new king of pop!!!

Already posted in another section, but personally, I dont think it has got a potential to be a hit.
The hype is only because of the controversy of so.called fake vocals...

HMH is something different, but it will not be a hit IMO..., todays music world and peoples music taste is not about the sound and melody like HMH...

It's just Number 1 in the HipHop/ R&B charts. what does that mean exactly and is that good?

nope, if you read the article carefully, it's not good at all

Interesting, congrats to whomever sang it because I don't think it was Michael.

But it's not even a single.

Sony did not send radio the track..so these radio programmers downloaded it from MJ.com?

So what's gonna happen when they receive HMH on Monday????

I was thinking the same, how was it played when it even wasn't a single? :blinking:

I even heard it here on the radio (twice!), I was very surprised by that!

what radio? which fm?

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Back