After two days of radio airplay, Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" scores a No. 1 Billboard ranking.

MJStorm

Proud Member
After two days of radio airplay, Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" scores a No. 1 Billboard ranking.

'NEWS' REPORT: After two days of radio airplay, Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" scores a No. 1 Billboard ranking.

The controversial preview track from "Michael," due Dec. 14, debuts atop the R&B/Hip-Hop Songs' Bubbling Under chart, which showcases the top 25 titles that have yet to reach the 100-position R&B/Hip-Hop Songs survey.

"Breaking News" logged 1.1 million impressions on 52 R&B/hip-hop stations after just two days of airplay, according to Nielsen BDS. Among all stations monitored by BDS, "Breaking News" registered 302 plays on 177 stations, amounting to an audience of 2.6 million, since its arrival Monday (Nov. 8).

Despite its rising chart status, "Breaking News" logged 94% of its two-day audience among R&B/Hip-Hop Songs panelists in its first day of availability. Fifty R&B/hip-hop stations played the song Monday, but just four programmed it Tuesday.

Adult R&B reporter WBLS/New York spun "Breaking News" once Monday. "Listeners seemed to think that 'Breaking News' sounds 'unfinished' and is not a representation of the level of perfection that Michael sought in his music," says WBLS program director Skip Dillard.

"Many listeners who responded asked to hear other tracks and said that they'll be interested to hear what else is on the upcoming album."

http://www.billboard.com/column/cha...-rihanna-mariah-carey-1004126525.story?page=2

Re: After two days of radio airplay, Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" scores a No. 1 Billboard rank

hmmm seems its well received lol

Re: After two days of radio airplay, Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" scores a No. 1 Billboard rank

I hope Teddy's happy. Things people do when they are broke....

im happy that its doin well, this tells me that the already complete tracks will kill the charts

Thanks for sharing.

Wow! Well done, fans! :)

thanks

i knew this song would do well i love it!
so many mj fans are tying to hate on it , whatever guess the controversy surrounding this song is a only contributing.

All promotion is good promotion - they say.

made me smile :)
this is what we need to be focusing on instead of fighting in the Breaking News thread for 130+ pages... SUPPORT THE ALBUM PEOPLE!!!!!

oh gwarl...

great

delete

ummm....awesome? I think...:unsure:

EDIT: I change my mind.

Last edited:

Good, good.

How I take this is that the general public are really ready for new MJ material. So ready, in fact, they're ok with this new song not quite sounding like MJ, or sounding "unfinished" as the NY DJ put it.

Onward and upward!

That is a good thing! :D

whoa lol

It's just Number 1 in the HipHop/ R&B charts. what does that mean exactly and is that good?

Ugh, I wish they wouldn't play it on the radio :( But I guess its good promotion for this mess of an album.

Congratulations Jason Malachi! It's been a long, hard road for you but you've finally made it to the big-time! Way to go, buddy!

Michael who? Oh yeah, that one guy you used to impersonate. Well we can forget about him now. We've got you, Jason! And you're number one on the charts!!! Yay!

It's just Number 1 in the HipHop/ R&B charts. what does that mean exactly and is that good?
That means that's done really well on the R&B/Hip hop radio stations and yes, that's very good

Well, J. Lopez said they were trying to find the next MJ, I guess they succeeded. J/K

is #1 good ? - what do you think LOL- Of course it is. It's great.

WHY do some still talk about Jason Malachi? It has been made totally clear it is NOT Jason. He has said so himself.

But it's not even a single.

Sony did not send radio the track..so these radio programmers downloaded it from MJ.com?

So what's gonna happen when they receive HMH on Monday????

But it's not even a single.

Sony did not send radio the track..so these radio programmers downloaded it from MJ.com?

So what's gonna happen when they receive HMH on Monday????

What's gonna happen on Monday, you ask?

Something very, VERY exciting!

^^^

Do you know something ?

What's gonna happen on Monday, you ask?

Something very, VERY exciting!

...say what, now?? :wild:

That was meant to be,it has name of Michael Jackson on it so obviously it will go to No.1 spot somehow.Though I wouldn't say it's Jason cause Sony makes billions of dollars because of the artists (though mostly today doesn't fit in that definition but whatever) so they can never ask any impersonator to sing on Michael's name.It would be global mess for their company and nobody would take that risk just for 1 song.But anyway I didn't like the song in the beginning but now it sounds alright,I think it would be a song for the moment.Hopefully we will have real MJ classics on the album.:angel:

'NEWS' REPORT: After two days of radio airplay, Michael Jackson's "Breaking News" scores a No. 1 Billboard ranking.

The controversial preview track from "Michael," due Dec. 14, debuts atop the R&B/Hip-Hop Songs' Bubbling Under chart, which showcases the top 25 titles that have yet to reach the 100-position R&B/Hip-Hop Songs survey.

"Breaking News" logged 1.1 million impressions on 52 R&B/hip-hop stations after just two days of airplay, according to Nielsen BDS. Among all stations monitored by BDS, "Breaking News" registered 302 plays on 177 stations, amounting to an audience of 2.6 million, since its arrival Monday (Nov. 8).

Despite its rising chart status, "Breaking News" logged 94% of its two-day audience among R&B/Hip-Hop Songs panelists in its first day of availability. Fifty R&B/hip-hop stations played the song Monday, but just four programmed it Tuesday.

Adult R&B reporter WBLS/New York spun "Breaking News" once Monday. "Listeners seemed to think that 'Breaking News' sounds 'unfinished' and is not a representation of the level of perfection that Michael sought in his music," says WBLS program director Skip Dillard.

"Many listeners who responded asked to hear other tracks and said that they'll be interested to hear what else is on the upcoming album."

http://www.billboard.com/column/cha...-rihanna-mariah-carey-1004126525.story?page=2

Guys, I'm sorry to rain on your parade. But, there is nothing to cheer about. This headline is misleading. If you read the bolded paragraph, you'll see how the song doesn't chart within top 100.

Breaking News is no You Are Not Alone. You Are Not Alone debut atop of Billboard 100.

is #1 good ? - what do you think LOL- Of course it is. It's great.

WHY do some still talk about Jason Malachi? It has been made totally clear it is NOT Jason. He has said so himself.

I meant is it like "hot 100 number one hit" good. or is it just.. ok?

And yes, I don't have the slightest clue how Billboard works.

Back