AEG Chief: Rehearsal footage may become motion pic

mdb2002

Proud Member
http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=418791

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The footage of Michael Jackson's last rehearsal may be coming to a theater near you.
Randy Phillips, the CEO of concert promoter AEG, says there are over 100 hours of documentary footage of Jackson preparing for his comeback performances in London. He says there's talk of turning that material into a motion picture or a pay-per-view event.
Video: Jackson's final rehearsals
Phillips also says the Jackson family wants to have his memorial at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, but all the details haven't been finalized yet. He says more details should come later today.

Heres my concern..i don't want aeg to try and tease us or bargain with us..forget bout them saying they wana show mj wasn't fragile..they have lost alooot of money and so are using all the footage to get money and as much as they can.they pulled the pathetchi ticket or money stunt and i won't be surprised if theres more to come..I hope for humanity they release ALL these 100 of hours of footage in the proper way and not tease the rest of the world..I hope they don't do stupid pay per view things and just release the 100 of hours on different dvds or something...they should realse as much as they can and i just have a feeling they goona try do underhanded tactics just to get money back...grr

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMM, im ready, bring it. Can it be in IMAX? i don't think they recorded in imax. Just HD.

OVER 100 HOURS? :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed

*writhes around on the floor*

I have many concerns too! I hope they don’t release it out of desperation, I want it to be something really good to honor the KING, but AEG seems to be very desperate after all since they lost.

I would have to watch it in a theatre with other people around making jokes and stuff? :\ People would go to see it who werent real fans. It would feel weird.

They should just take their time and bring out a DVD and Blu Ray.

Heres my concern..i don't want aeg to try and tease us or bargain with us..forget bout them saying they wana show mj wasn't fragile..they have lost alooot of money and so are using all the footage to get money and as much as they can.they pulled the pathetchi ticket or money stunt and i won't be surprised if theres more to come..I hope for humanity they release ALL these 100 of hours of footage in the proper way and not tease the rest of the world..I hope they don't do stupid pay per view things and just release the 100 of hours on different dvds or something...they should realse as much as they can and i just have a feeling they goona try do underhanded tactics just to get money back...grr

First of all, AEG have full right to want some money back, without them 'This Is It' wouldn't have even begun.

I would like to see a nice package put together:

This Is It - Live! (Double-Disc Album)
This Is It - The Rehearsals (DVD)
This Is It - The Documentary (DVD)

Then just release all 100 hours on to the Internet . . . . . for free.

:no:I hope it's not pay per view too. Michael hated pay per view. I think it should come out in a volumed dvd series. That's the way Michael would have done it. After all, he is he King of Videos. :yes:

they will do it as a motion picture in cinema's then release it on dvd/blue-ray(with extra's i would think)
hope its well edited and effort is put in

they will make a lot from it i can see AEG already rubbing there hands

can AEG also have the right to release Bad tour 88 concert?

I hope it's not pay per view. I don't have cable.
I think it should be available on DVD. They would make the most money doing it that way. Tickets to a movie are only $10. A DVD cost about $20.

Yes but they'd release the movie AND the DVD/blu-ray wouldnt they. I've said this a trillon times that im sure the Concerts were going to be made into a 3D Movie.

i want to see it even if it was on an ipod nano screen, money whatever fuck it, this is about seeing Michael, Id pay anything to see it.

they are trying everything they can to make up the loss.
AEG bloodsucker

First of all, AEG have full right to want some money back, without them 'This Is It' wouldn't have even begun.

Then just release all 100 hours on to the Internet . . . . . for free.
Without them, MJ wouldn't be stressed out! :rolleyes:

I don't like any negativity attached to AEG and Randy Phillips, the guy seems fair to me, this is bad situation for all, I am okay with AEG trying to recover, I say again, I feel Randy Phillips to be a nice guy and we shouldn't look for someone to blame here...

I don't like any negativity attached to AEG and Randy Phillips, the guy seems fair to me, this is bad situation for all, I am okay with AEG trying to recover, I say again, I feel Randy Phillips to be a nice guy and we shouldn't look for someone to blame here...

100000% amen to that.. I am sick and tired of members here on the board blaiming all the parties around MJ!

They'll make millions from tickets if they release it as a film for theaters worldwide, specially if they used this IMAX techology, everybody's gonna want to see the last MJ concert/rehearsal on the huge screen, plus later dvd + cd release and all the merchandise... AEG will do just fine.

I second that!

If there's 100 hours of footage they should be able to make a decent 2 hour film/dvd

Back