Academy Awards 2009

But some have and the Acadamy has only ever given it out once before to an actor who passed. Heath deserved it for this role. It wasn't given to him because he died, it was given to him because his portrayle of the Joker was phenomenal and anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand what it was he was able to do with the character. He created art and acting very rarely is raised to such a level.

i wouldnt bet any money on this statement. i do acknowledge the fact that heath did a terrific job with that role and he really gave a great memorable performance but i still prefer jack nicholson's performance over this one. heath was inspired a lot by that performance and he used a lot of those elements to create his own joker. thats how i see it. yet jack wasnt even nominated for that role because it was a character based on comics and wasnt really complex. hes basically one-sided. the academy goes for complicated characters with a lot of depth that show many different sides. the joker like any other comic character is mainly one-sided and he was all the same from start to finish. anyway that is just my point of view. i respect ur opinion totally. :flowers:

Yeah I missed it last Sunday night they said it was bording, but I catch Beyonce during A musical turbite to all the musical moives. I wacth it on Youtube.

:timer:

If you know anything about the Joker, you know he's probably the most complicated and most interesting character in comic history. There's nothing one-dimentional about him. Nicholsons portrayle was great, but Heath's was much closer to the actual comic characterization in terms of the characters nature. I thought the character was extremely intriguing, given that you found youself actually agreeing with his reasoning despite the fact that it was insane. He was dynamic in the role, bottom line. There's few characters more complex or interesting then one who shows the hypocricy and irony of a moral code. Heath brought the character to life. Nicholson's portrayle was very good, but missed the essentially frightening nature of the Joker, killing for the pleasure of killing alone with no motive or means to an end, but just for the sake of the act alone, insanity mixed with brilliance. Heath's characterization was what Batman fans have been waiting for for a long time. Playing pyscological games with frighteningly masterful manipulation, being so beyond social normalcy and motives that he couldn't care less about what happens to him, that nothing scares him or makes him think twice, to be so pyscologically warped as to find humor or divinity in things everyone else finds apalling. That's not 2-D. To say the Joker as a character himself is uncomplex is to not understand the character at all.

Last edited:
Back