______ died before they hit there Prime

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
which artist or act do you think died before they hit there full prime and peak?? I think about Sam Cooke, Clifford Brown,Jimi Hendrix,2pac in this discussion who you say and why?

Aaliyah. She had so much left to give and was developing as an artist and actress.

Sam Cooke definitely. My number one would be Donny Hathaway though. What a legend.

Aaliyah, no doubt in my mind. I would have love to have seen more of her work.

:angel:Aaliyah (whom I adored), Sam Cook, Marvin Gaye, Wylie Draper (Jacksons: American Dream), Biggie, Janis Joplin, Kirk Cobane. Gone too soon!!:no: May they all be resting peacefully!

Let's not forget about Left Eye

Last edited:
Aaliyah Baby Girl - I can't help but cry when I hear I miss you and More than a woman video
Eva Cassidy - a genius. check her out. you'll love it. FIELDS OF GOLD by Sting is her best cover. Try not to cry.

and

an angel called Toshe Proeski - http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53263

All gone too soon but never forgotten.

So honored to be able to listen to their talent even though they are gone :( :( :(

Last edited:
Aaliyah
Michael Jackson's Dead brother, Marlon's twin who died soon after birth :lol:
Heath Ledger (sp?) he could have soared

That's all I could think of.

Gwen Guthrie
Phyllis Hyman
Minnie Riperton

i feel all three HAD at one point reached their prime.. but i can't help wonder what else they would have released. i wish i could have heard more. i try to imagine sometime what Riperton would be doing musically today.

Aaliyah and Lisa "Left Eye"Lopes... They went to soon :( They had a lot going for them Its so tragic..

Gwen Guthrie
Phyllis Hyman
Minnie Riperton

i feel all three HAD at one point reached their prime.. but i can't help wonder what else they would have released. i wish i could have heard more. i try to imagine sometime what Riperton would be doing musically today.

I agree. The same for Andy Gibb.

Last edited:
J Dilla - He was such a great producer in the hip-hop community, with his soulful, melodic beats, pretty changed the face of music. May have reached his prime, but still could've had so much more goin' for him.

I wouldn't say Roger Troutman died before he hit his prime though. Sam Cooke was on the path to be the next Nat King Cole and probably would have been in a league close to Frank Sinatra had he gotten just another five or so years under his belt. Imagining him in the late 60's and maybe making some R&B in the 70's just makes me think how big he could have gotten.

Donny Hathaway was just a machine on keyboards and his soulful melodies were great. He had a couple of posthumous hits that showed off he could have been quite a force in the 80's... I think "You Are My Heaven" was great and "Back Together Again" was a killer dance track.

Hideto "hide" Matsumoto - such a loss :( Died at the age of 33, leaving millions of fans devastated.

A wonderful man too.

2Pac....
........and Marvin Gaye.......and Jeff Buckely too!!!!

And I would like to add Kurt Cobain too...

Hideto "hide" Matsumoto - such a loss :( Died at the age of 33, leaving millions of fans devastated.

A wonderful man too.

Oh yes hide... :(

That was very sad indeed...

Also another I didn't mention Sabine Dünser.

and Left Eye as well...

I'm suprized this person was not mentioned... He's one of the most glorified actors, considering how LITTLE he actually did..

JAMES DEAN... I know him dieing so young momented him in a special place in hollywood.. But I do believe he would have done much more afterwards..

Back