_____ cursed on record or live and it shocked me

if i understand ur question correctly id say michael jackson in his song morphine...your dog's a b**ch baby!!! ...whoa!

^ And on Scream "Stop f***in' with me, make me wanna scream"

It was kind of surprising when Jennifer Lopez said "Play my motherf***ing song" in "Play" though...
But it was not so smooth of her to drop the "n-word" in the "I'm real (Murder Remix)".

But I dunno, I don't get too surprised when people curse on records because I think it's something most people do back and forth in real life.
It's like, I think it's very naive to think that Michael never curse in real life. I mean he loved Eddie Murphy's stand up shows where Eddie even "made fun" (in a polite way) of Michael, and it's like a curse festival, lol.

Last edited:
Me? I hear Eminem doing this all the time, and it doesn't phase me. When I hear MJ do it, I say to myself "All right MJ!! Let out some o that steam baby!!" LOL!

"This Time Around" took me by a bit of a surprise. "But this time around, I'm takin' no sh*t..."

Great track, good lyrics.

bey,on ego. when she did it live i didnt expect her 2say "i got every reason 2 feel,like im that bi*ch" i was like on what lol.

Charlie Wilson using the N-word in "Absolutely".
Marvin Gaye's "Sanctified Lady"
Madonna's "Human Nature"
MJ's "This Time Around" & the Jewish term in "They Don't Care About Us"
Janet's "Throb"
Stevie Wonder in a concert clip and also the comment during the fadeout of "Sweet Little Girl".

pffff no one. everyone is allowed to swear and sometimes it is the best way to express emotions or whatever. like in Scream - the frustration or the love for music in J.Lo's Play.

Charlie Wilson using the N-word in "Absolutely".
Marvin Gaye's "Sanctified Lady"
Madonna's "Human Nature"
MJ's "This Time Around" & the Jewish term in "They Don't Care About Us"
Janet's "Throb"
Stevie Wonder in a concert clip and also the comment during the fadeout of "Sweet Little Girl".

Charlie said the n-word in the long version of "Oops" if you hear it real good (I think there's a part in the song where he's goin' "n***a I know you don't believe it, hehehe" or something like that).

Marvin said "b***h" in "Masochistic Beauty" and "p***y" in the alternate mix of "My Love is Waiting". He said "bulls**t" in "When Did You Stop Loving Me, When Did I Stop Loving You?" If it hadn't been for the title or Marvin's pronunciation, you KNEW what "Funk Me" really meant. :lol:

Madonna, for some reason, didn't shock me when she cursed on "Human Nature".

Stevie goin' "don't make me get mad and act like a n***a" was one of the funniest lines I ever heard in a song. :lol:

Stevie curses quite a bit.

In "Rocket Love", he ad-libs "You took me riding in your rocket, gave me a star but at a half a mile from heaven you drop my black ass down to this cold, cold world."

In live performances of "I Wish", he says "Sneakin' out the back door to hang out with those hoodlum friends of mine. Greeted at the back door with "Boy thought I told you not to take your black ass outside".

In live performances of Superwoman, he says "Spring will fill the air, you will bring your black ass around.."

I guess he likes the term black ass, lol.

In "Maybe Your Baby", he says "Sh*t baby!". During live performances, he says "This sh*t is scarin' me to death."

^^ Yeah he DOES say "sh*t" in "Maybe Your Baby"! Good call. I thought I heard it when I listened to it the first time. "Ass" seems to be his favorite cuss word too. :lol: I loved it when Marvin said "let's feel each other's ass" in "A Funky Space Reincarnation". :lol: And yeah he did say "black ass" in "Rocket Love". :lol: He was grunting so wildly though you couldn't tell the first time but you kept rewinding like "did he really say that?" ^_^

When Phil Collins cursed on the live version of Invisible Touch, that threw me off.

Also, King Crimson's live version of "Easy Money" was a bit unsettling, with the dirty lyrics compared to the clean studio lyrics.

I love it when George Michael curses. :lol:
He did that quite a bit on Wham! songs, which is kinda funny since Wham! was considered a teenybop group by some people. I've never heard the word on "Oops", it must be low in the mix. I've never noticed the "Rocket Love" either. In the 80s I was shocked when I found out that Whitney Houston had a filthy mouth. Not on a record, but it was an interview in some magazine, probably Rolling Stone. This was during her "squeaky clean" days, lol. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince's "You Saw My Blinker" threw me off as well.

^^ Yeah he DOES say "sh*t" in "Maybe Your Baby"! Good call. I thought I heard it when I listened to it the first time. "Ass" seems to be his favorite cuss word too. :lol: I loved it when Marvin said "let's feel each other's ass" in "A Funky Space Reincarnation". :lol: And yeah he did say "black ass" in "Rocket Love". :lol: He was grunting so wildly though you couldn't tell the first time but you kept rewinding like "did he really say that?" ^_^

Yep, I found myself rewinding a couple of those myself to see if I misheard.

On "Natural Wonder" (the live album), on Higher Ground, he says "Don't you let nobody take you to some bullsh*t level, just keep on until you reach the highest ground".

In this clip of "Let's Get Serious", he says "Awwwww, shi*t!"

Prince cursed quite a bit too. I didn't remember Prince too well from my super-young days: the earliest I remember of him was Diamonds and Pearls and the video with Rosie Gaines. So when I heard P-Control a few years later, I was a bit surprised.

Prince cursed quite a bit too. I didn't remember Prince too well from my super-young days: the earliest I remember of him was Diamonds and Pearls and the video with Rosie Gaines. So when I heard P-Control a few years later, I was a bit surprised.

Well there was "Let's Pretend We're Married" from the 1999 album released around 1982. "Sexy MF" came out a little before "P-Control". I've heard "Erotic City" played on the radio unedited sometimes when it was 1st released. But "Bob George" has got to be the most, not just the cursing but the theme of the song. But Prince cut out the profanity when he became a Jehovah's Witness and never performs any of that material.

Prince never surprises me when he curses, when I saw Parental Advisory stickers on his album, I knew what to expect. :lol:

Well there was "Let's Pretend We're Married" from the 1999 album released around 1982. "Sexy MF" came out a little before "P-Control". I've heard "Erotic City" played on the radio unedited sometimes when it was 1st released. But "Bob George" has got to be the most, not just the cursing but the theme of the song. But Prince cut out the profanity when he became a Jehovah's Witness and never performs any of that material.

Don't forget "Sister" from Dirty Mind.

if i understand ur question correctly id say michael jackson in his song morphine...your dog's a b**ch baby!!! ...whoa!
Same here. He can curse whenever he wants and I'm sure there must be soo many times when he feels like it, but he seems to do it much less often than many others do, so yeah, I was surprised to hear the part and love it.
It was kind of surprising when Jennifer Lopez said "Play my motherf***ing song" in "Play" though...
But it was not so smooth of her to drop the "n-word" in the "I'm real (Murder Remix)".
I don't get why some white hispanics use the N-word. Like they're allowed to do it or something?:smilerolleyes: How can the fact that they're from ghetto's give them the permission? I'm kinda bothered hearing Fat Joe say that.

I don't get why some white hispanics use the N-word. Like they're allowed to do it or something?:smilerolleyes: How can the fact that they're from ghetto's give them the permission? I'm kinda bothered hearing Fat Joe say that.
I've heard Asians, whites, latinos, and other races who listen to hip hop use that to refer to each other. Some white hip hop fans are called that but with a 'w' instead of an 'n' as an insult. I don't know why anyone uses it as a greeting myself. I've never heard other races refer to each other by racist words, and say that it's supposed to cancel the word out.

I've heard Asians, whites, latinos, and other races who listen to hip hop use that to refer to each other. Some white hip hop fans are called that but with a 'w' instead of an 'n' as an insult. I don't know why anyone uses it as a greeting myself. I've never heard other races refer to each other by racist words, and say that it's supposed to cancel the word out.
Those people who ain't black but freely use the N-word just becuz they listen to Hiphop are ignorant, period. So, J-Lo, Fat Joe, and so on,... I don't know what they were thinkin when they spit the word out. It's like, they're riding on this "black music" bandwagon and conveniently forget the painful history. I know Hiphop was born from black people along with Pueritoricans and some others, but it's a totally different issue to use the word.

im not surprised when people curse. its part of what people do everyday...why should the f bomb be soo bad???

i think more racist terms are worse...or if a man says sexist terms in a song all day long. so ill agree with the jlo thing...some people let her get away with it because shes latina but i dont see her saying latino hates words on a song to make a point.

Back