7.0 Richter Earthquake in Haiti...

LindaC781

Proud Member
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cb_haiti_earthquake

Play Video Reuters – Haiti quake devastates capital

Reuters – People are seen near the ruins of a building, which was destroyed after a major earthquake struck, in …

By JONATHAN M. KATZ, Associated Press Writer Jonathan M. Katz, Associated Press Writer – 29 mins ago
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti – Dazed and injured Haitians sat on darkened streets pleading for help Wednesday and untold numbers were trapped in tons of rubble brought down by the strongest earthquake to hit this poor Caribbean nation in more than 200 years.
The extent of destruction from Tuesday afternoon's 7.0-magnitude tremor was far from clear — and estimating the number of casualties was impossible, save for the dead lying among thousands of collapsed buildings in Haiti's capital.

I sincerely hope all of our MJJC friends and family remain safe this morning. I work with a lot of Haitian people....who have family over there. My prayers go out to that country this morning...

Some of the pictures on the BBC website are just heartbreaking :( Can't believe that some of the aftershocks were around 5.0 too! :mello:

I do hope that all who do have Family and Friends in Haiti find them to be well and alright.I know some folks there also near Port au Prince,I also heard that Jamaica had felt the quake but not as much damage as in Haiti.The pics I've seen are very sad.What a start to the New Year...

Oh gosh! I'm watching the news right now. So heartbreaking. There's this man here in San Diego that was just on the local news and he can't contact his family in Haiti because there's no phone connections. My prayers go out to all the people in Haiti.

OMG I hadn't seen pics before, it looks so bad :(

My heart goes to all the people who lost their loved ones..

It's so sad. :( My thoughts are with everyone affected by it.

Having experienced an earthquake of the same magnitude I know the sheer terror that was felt. This is devastating and my prayers are with the Haitian people, missionary workers, all the families and loved ones and all those affected. Simply heartbreaking.

I was watching this Yesterday...on CNN. It's sooo sad :(!!! The 1st thing that popped into my mind was The buildings were not gonna hold on...then Wyclef Jean, he's from Haiti! God Be with them...and for the ones who passed, God rest their soul.

Wyclef Jean was saying on CNN yesterday that there was a rapper that went to Haiti to do a benefit show...and he got a txt that he had died...But he hadnt conformed it YET!

This is a world disaster...and I think in the coming years, there is more to come...

God Help us!

L.O.V.E.
Romi
:(

They are reporting that Archbishop of Haiti died as well...

There are possibilities to donate, go to news.google.com and put in Haiti, information about donations comes up as a first category.
I donated 50 euro to red cross in Ireland today, they allow to say that those funds should go to Haiti. I could afford it, so I did it.

Those people need our help.

If you can, do this too :give_heart:
I believe this is the best way we can live Michael's legacy - if we have the means to help.

I have family there =(

My house is restless @ the moment. We have been blessed enough to establish communication with just two family members...

As for the other family who live in big houses (most vulnerable structures in the quake), we just don't know yet. There isn't any communication whatsoever.

Praying for the best not only for those I know but for everyone else , as I know it is a very tough time now for families who reside abroad and cannot figure out if they're loved ones made it or not...

Last edited:
What's going on in Haiti right now is really devastating. This is one of the worst natural disasters i've ever seen. I will definitely be donating and trying to help out in any way I can.

This is so tragic and devastating. It's moments like this when I wish I could just fly there and do as much as I can. :( I will be praying so hard for all of Haiti and will definitely be donating to the relief effort.

I've been praying for them, and my thoughts are with anyone who has loved ones in Haiti. The pictures alone are devastating. To actually expereince that... my God. I'll be donating aid.

On a side note, I know I'm feeling particularly grateful today. Just to have the simple things, like a sturdy roof over my head, is a blessing.

I have family there =(

My house is restless @ the moment. We have been blessed enough to establish communication with just two family members...

As for the other family who live in big houses (most vulnerable structures in the quake), we just don't know yet. There isn't any communication whatsoever.

Praying for the best not only for those I know but for everyone else , as I know it is a very tough time now for families who reside abroad and cannot figure out if they're loved ones made it or not...

MJJ, I am praying for you and your loved ones in Haiti. I pray that they are all ok. Please hang in there and keep praying.

Thank you LindaC781 from the bottom of my heart for this thread. Lemme give you a warm hug from France. I'm haitian ( but ive never been there). I do not have any family member over there. I'll see how i can donate some money, with all the haitian ppl living in France, ill surely find a way to help.

I have family there =(

..............((((((((:)better:warm hug:better:))))))))))))))
My thoughts are with you and your'e family:better:

My friend and co-worker named Rose hasn't been able to sleep for 2 nights now...she has an 11 year old daughter and her husband in Haiti. Please pray for them - please help me pray that her family is safe there....Oh My God.

Thank you LindaC781 from the bottom of my heart for this thread. Lemme give you a warm hug from France. I'm haitian ( but ive never been there). I do not have any family member over there. I'll see how i can donate some money, with all the haitian ppl living in France, ill surely find a way to help.

We are a community based on pure love here, Pac. I pray for you and Haitian people everywhere. This is a tragedy of epic proportions. And I am here for you guys as always.

My friend and co-worker named Rose hasn't been able to sleep for 2 nights now...she has an 11 year old daughter and her husband in Haiti. Please pray for them - please help me pray that her family is safe there....Oh My God.

Oh gosh...I hope they are ok Linda. This is a link if your friend needs help in finding her daughter and her husband and I really hope that she does. She can post pictures of them, their name, age and any other usesul info.

http://www.ireport.com/ir-topic-stories.jspa?topicId=381628&hpt=T1

Oh gosh...I hope they are ok Linda. This is a link if your friend needs help in finding her daughter and her husband and I really hope that she does. She can post pictures of them, their name, age and any other usesul info.

http://www.ireport.com/ir-topic-stories.jspa?topicId=381628&hpt=T1

Oh My God!! Thank you!! I will relay this info to her...if she wants, she can give me the information and I'll post it for her...she may not have Internet access at home...

Good and bad news to report on my friend Rose. She got in touch with her daughter, she's okay and healthy and alive and well. Unfortunately, Rose lost 4 cousins...

Back