4 Aug08 - Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

Raylo

Proud Member
Hello and welcome to the news thread! I hope everyone is having a good Monday and not working too hard on the first day of a new week :)

Michael Jackson Mentionings

Crowd turns out to worship ‘Idols’ in concert at A.C. Boardwalk Hall
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/186/story/221199.html

"American Idol" winner David Cook - resplendent in tight jeans, T-shirt and plentiful eyeliner - brought down the house with a four-song set that included his celebration song "Time of My Life" and a cover of the Foo Fighters' "My Hero," which he dedicated to his cancer-stricken brother, Adam. Cook returned for an encore and played Chris Cornell's guitar-heavy re-engineered version of Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean," reminding fans that not only had they chosen a talented signer, but also a guy who knew his way around song arrangement.

Campers in Victor: Come on down!
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080804/NEWS05/808060308/1002/NEWS

He beat two other contestants in guessing the letters that made up the name "Michael Jackson" in the first round of competition. All the contestants were told was that the name they were trying to figure out had something to do with music.

Lessons in Love
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/04/arts/music/04choi.html?ref=arts

When Lloyd returns to the 1980s, he feels most at home. The slick single “Girls Around the World” is based on the same drum loop (“Ashley’s Roachclip” by the Soul Searchers) used on one of hip-hop’s most indelible songs, Eric B & Rakim’s “Paid in Full.” And on “Lose Your Love,” whose hook borrows from the Outfield’s “Your Love,” Lloyd sounds hungry but controlled, as if he has just heard Michael Jackson’s “Off the Wall” and wants to do even better.

Don Marsh recounts his career in TV news
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/en...F70D44BA3B85FAB58625749B00177490?OpenDocument

"The bean counters have determined that audiences want mindless matter, gossip and pop culture as news," he writes. "That's why most viewers today know more about Michael Jackson and Anna Nicole Smith than they do about Vladimir Putin or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad."

Iraqi Teens Dodge Bullets, Nurse Pigeon in ‘Baghdad High’:TV
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601088&sid=arBM2VVSY3to&refer=muse

Ali and his family eventually decide to move to the Kurdish region in northern Iraq. While it's more peaceful up there, he says his new home will limit his musical options because ``they only know Michael Jackson''

Newburyport: Wet watchers; Spectators stay for parade, despite rainfall
http://www.newburyportnews.com/punews/local_story_217001643.html

Others decided to celebrate the deluge, however. Next to the Schofields' chairs, a group of young women danced and splashed, moving out into the middle of the street to Michael Jackson's "Beat It." The floats at the end of the parade were bedraggled but manned by boisterous boosters, with a giant foam Octopus' Garden (by the First Parish Church in Newbury) almost seeming to be in his element.

Review: Asus’s Mini Invasion Continues with the Pint-Sized Eee Box
http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/08/review-asuss-mi.html

Intel's 1.6 GHz Atom processor, up to 2 GBs of memory, four USB ports, an SD card slot, 802.11n and Bluetooth are plenty for the Eee Box to hit that elusive "good enough" mark with aplomb. Once again, you'll get your choice of running either Linux or Windows XP. And, borrowing another page from Apple's playbook, you'll also get the Michael Jackson "Black or White" color options.

The Chameleon
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/08/11/080811fa_fact_grann
During tryouts for a talent show, the music teacher asked Francisco if he was interested in performing. He handed her a CD to play, then walked to the end of the room and tilted his hat flamboyantly, waiting for the music to start. As Michael Jackson’s song “Unbreakable” filled the room, Francisco started to dance like the pop star, twisting his limbs and lip-synching the words “You can’t believe it, you can’t conceive it / And you can’t touch me, ’cause I’m untouchable.” Everyone in the room watched in awe. “He didn’t just look like Michael Jackson,” the music teacher subsequently recalled. “He was Michael Jackson.”

MJJCommunity Weekly News Bulletin

G'day gang, this week I'd like to direct your attention to the following:

MJJCommunity have we got issues?

MJJC Momma and a few others here wanna know something, do we have issues? Do we have some unresolved ish occurring on the forum that needs to be pointed out, talked out or taken out?
Kick on over to this thread -->
topichot.gif
Lets Talk... .....and let us know. MJJC Staff can't make this forum a better place without information from you all. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.

MJJC Main Page = Sexy!

Yes you know it :wild: Come check out the main page that would be http://www.mjjcommunity.com
We got all sortsa things happening on there, Blogs, Arcade... oh and we got two sections that aren't really hopping yet so why not be a pioneer and help kick off one of those sections... them being Galleries (yes where you can post all those sexy pictures of Mr Michael Jackson, or picture of you or pictures of your friends whatever you like :D ) ... the other section being videos, come on :D you've got em on Youtube, why not link em across, if we build up our Video library section, we'll never have to leave MJJC :chained:

and yes the main page is sexy... just look at it :wild:

MJJCommunity Issue: Pictures of MJ's Kids

We've had a few folks ask "why not?" so pop on over to the Community Issues area and discover the reason why MJJC doesn't allow pictures of Mr Jackson's children.
Click the link ---> Michael's children's photos.

MJJCommunity Member Birthdays!

Happy birthday this week to the following members!! :woohoo:
icon_spin.gif
hola.gif

Monday 4th - SWEETLUST (38), Tiffany (34), soap (31), CGL2003 (26), missmoonwalker (23), Dutchie, innuendo141 (22), Parmenid (22), MikeJackson3000 (21), MJCHIKA (20), Velvet_Rope (20), dirtydianaxomj (17)

Tuesday 5th -
climbingtrees (100), hez4mj26 (31), cijam (29), Faith23 (27), Mel Jackson (The only one) (27), eugemjj (26), mj_innocent (23), pure_freedom (22), Man In The Mirror (22), jdmd2004 (22), EL WhO (21), lover_girl (19), Mjisanangel (19)

Wednesday 6th - eternitys_child, hopespringseternal (39), rmp858 (28), yck (26), andrew_bott (26), wHiTe (25), mikey007462 (23), Michaelology (23), Brittany (19)

Thursday 7th -
Carol (33), LilMsFitandFree (31), CarolinaSweetheart77 (31), phantom, IAM_MsJaxon (23), UberCryxic (22)

Friday 8th - mjtributepage, Wildcats (41), Galadriel (27), rmkop (23), mayra (22), baderafan (20), Victory_Verdict (16), MusicalPanda (16)

Saturday 9th
- sean1980 (28), Chloe83 (25), Tristessa (21)

Sunday 10th -
Annieruok7 (37), Jibaro Digital (34), mjspet (30), IowaChile (28), margo68 (26), raybolt (21)

mob.gif

Last edited:
Ne-Yo praises perfectionist Jackson

R&B star Ne-Yo has praised Michael Jackson's dedicated approach towards his pop comeback.

The singer/songwriter, who recently topped the UK singles chart with 'Closer', has been working with Jackson on his eagerly-anticipated new album.

He told DS he has been particularly impressed with Jackson's attention to detail during songwriting.

"If [Michael] doesn't like something he'll explain to me why he doesn't like it. He'll say, 'I just think the melody could be better' or 'I think that a stronger lyric could go here'," Ne-Yo said.

However, Ne-Yo also revealed that his collaboration with Jackson is still in its early stages, saying: "We haven't actually gotten the opportunity to work in the studio yet.

"As of right now it's all phone calls and emails and mp3s and I'm not really allowed to say anything about it."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a118868/ne-yo-praises-perfectionist-jackson.html

I feel for Neyo... lol it's like he can't go NOwhere without reporters askin' him about MJ :lol: Oh well.

And they still haven't got into the studio yet? That's if they'll get there though...

But If Michael and Ne-Yo hasn't been to the studio yet (if Michael is planning that) I don't think it's realistic to expect an album out this year.

Iraqi Teens Dodge Bullets, Nurse Pigeon in ‘Baghdad High’:TV
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601088&sid=arBM2VVSY3to&refer=muse

Ali and his family eventually decide to move to the Kurdish region in northern Iraq. While it's more peaceful up there, he says his new home will limit his musical options because they only know Michael Jackson''

I find this so interesting in some areas in the Middle East. A lot of teens and young adults seems to be a fan of Michael Jackson there. Before the war and everything, imagine they had somewhat normal lifes.
Hoping the war will end soon.

Thanks for the news and mentiongs =)

Well, why does the song writer have to be in the studio???:scratch:
it's not uncommon that songwriters be present during the recording process and maybe also Ne-Yo's looking to get his hands on some production, like he did on a few of his writing collaborations.

mariemarie said:
I find this so interesting in some areas in the Middle East. A lot of teens and young adults seems to be a fan of Michael Jackson there. Before the war and everything, imagine they had somewhat normal lifes.

he was always massive down there, even in some of the most remote of areas.

I just read that the Jacksons are going to be honored at the BMI awards on September 4. All of the brothers have given their approval to be there. They are now waiting to heard word on Michael to be there. I hope so.

That's what happens when you're that famous.

But If Michael and Ne-Yo hasn't been to the studio yet (if Michael is planning that) I don't think it's realistic to expect an album out this year.

MJ doesen't need Ne-Yo for his album to get released, MJ doesn't need anyone to work on his new album with. He could write, compose and produce the whole album all by himself if he wanted to. We all know he won't though cause he's to humble for that lol

I just read that the Jacksons are going to be honored at the BMI awards on September 4. All of the brothers have given their approval to be there. They are now waiting to heard word on Michael to be there. I hope so.

They may be waiting for along time :giggle: I think Mike is a lil too preoccupied for that IMO, but... things happen, so that is a possibility.

WOW! It would be outstanding if he decided to attend.

I bet EVERYBODY is begging him to attend, meaning the brothers AND the BMI organizers. I'm sure the folks over at BMI would love to share in the firestorm the media would create if Michael Jackson showed up. LOL!

This would and could be a great thing for the ENTIRE Jackson family.

Last edited:

terrell can you give us a link to the article that you read? thanks in advance :flowers:

Thanks mjdove I think this should be part of the news and mentionings i know it's about the family but Michael was the lead focus so it is MJ mentionings.

music_cd_triumph_CMYK.jpg

The Jacksons : Destiny

Desc:The JacksonsLabel:Epic LegacyFormat:AlbumMedia:CDGenre:R & B

digg_skin = 'icon'; digg_window = 'new';
By Gilbert Garcia

Off the Wall, Michael Jackson’s 1979 collaboration with producer Quincy Jones, is usually cited as the self-proclaimed King of Pop’s coming-of-age record. It signaled that little Michael of the “I Want You Back”/“ABC” era had matured into a full-fledged pop genius.
Those paying close attention, however, might have noticed that Michael’s breakthrough actually happened a year earlier with his brothers on their Destiny album. After an awkward stretch which saw them leave Motown, split with brother Jermaine, and languish in bad-song hell, Destiny found them taking over the production reins, writing their own material, and re-establishing themselves as the first family of bubblegum soul.
New, expanded editions of Destiny and its 1980 successor, Triumph, not only provide us with bookends for Off the Wall, they foreshadow Michael’s unprecedented rise and fall. Destiny’s defining track, “Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)” established a groovalicious template for “Don’t Stop ’til You Get Enough,” “Burn This Disco Out” and every other dance epic Michael would subsequently grace us with (and no one, excepting James Brown, and possibly Madonna, has obsessed as much about the erotic power of the dance floor).

Triumph, a confident reaction to Off the Wall’s success, opens with the trumpet fanfares of “Can You Feel It,” a hint of the messianic grandiosity that would eventually lead Michael to endless videos with the likes of Macaulay Culkin. On that same album, “Heartbreak Hotel” is the first sign of Michael’s fascination with horror imagery, and it easily outclasses “Thriller” and “Smooth Criminal.”

Both albums amount to a few inspired tracks surrounded by polished filler. Triumph’s disposables tend to be rhythm workouts, which gives that album a slight edge, but there’s little else to separate these two works. As for the bonus tracks, John Luongo’s disco mixes are a waste, especially in the case of “Shake Your Body” (Who needs an extended mix for a song that’s already eight minutes long?).

It’s remarkable to think that between 1978 and 1980 Michael Jackson released three albums of new material (and recorded a live album with his brothers). The crippling, I-must-top-myself self-consciousness that infected him after Thriller was hardly imaginable here.

This Michael Jackson was just a guy who loved to sing and did it better than anyone on the planet.

http://sacurrent.com/music/review.asp?rid=12768

I know song writers doesn't have to be in the studio with Michael. Many aren't but the way Ne-Yo said it, it sounds that they've talked about it. And if Michael still collecting songs than that indicates that the album isn't ready to be released yet. I still hope for a 2008 release though.

The crippling, I-must-top-myself self-consciousness that infected him after Thriller was hardly imaginable here.

This Michael Jackson was just a guy who loved to sing and did it better than anyone on the planet.

Eat sh*t and die mother fudger.

Eat sh*t and die mother fudger.

I feel your pain I seriously do it is beyond aggravating to suggest that Mike had to continue to make 10 versions of Thriller rather than do as he did and expand and create a diverse catalog with albums as Dangerous and HIStory to show the growth. Some people are narrow minded and aren't open to all types of creativity that Mike went on to show they'd rather have the same thing fed to them on repeat and Mike said no and plenty folks haven't let him live that down.

Thanks for the news :) :p :clap: ..That would be cool if MJ attended the BMI awards , but who knows!!!

OT: Happy B-day everyone in August. Wow I didn't know all these people shared the same b-day as me. the 8th ..yay!!:dance:

Yeah, I know. But any real artist will change and grow, they won't repeat the same thing over and over, and that's just too bad if some people don't like it. It happens to every artist who changes their sound or goes in a different direction. People become fans of whatever original sound they were doing, not of the artist themselves, and then when they do something different, those fans of that original sound drop off. Their loss though. Michael's work after "Thriller" is every bit as brilliant and in my estimation, better. It shows that Michael is a real artist, because he continued and continues to create new things, while still retaining the distinctive and unique genius that seperates his music from others. Michael's goal is to set out and make the best modern music possible. THAT'S his goal, and he's said so many times. But people don't listen to him. He's achieved it many times. His later work gets no appreciation because these ass holes are stuck in a time warp and want everything to stay the same.

Back