2PAC AND MICHAEL JACSKON Comparisions

MAKAVELIDAKING

Proud Member
Now i am a very big fan of both these artists and they both inspire me to live and go out reach lovely things in life. i own all of their albums and i think their great. now it is my belief that Tupac Shakur is to hip hop what Micheal Jackson is to Pop music. Now they have alot in common like their love for nature and children. Not to mention their love for encouraging black people. They both have been crucified severly by the media and gossipers around the world. i noticed that alot of 2pac fans are also MJ fans as well and vice versa. They are both kings of their genre. Tupac is the best selling hip hop aritist ever known to man with over 80 million records sold world wide. and MJ's number is so high it's in the sky for all the records he sold. Two of musics greatest song writers. i wished they had worked together but you cant get what you always wished for.Their work ethic is second to none if add up all the unreleased work both of these dudes have it's fuckin crazy. we would be counting forever. They are both ahead of their time plus pac was a big fan of Mj. he inspired him to macke songs like They dont give a **** about us ( they dont really care about us) Thug Nature ( human nature) pac wanted mike for the song but pac couldn't get him fast enough. but they did a good job at sampling human nature. plus letter 2 an unborn child is a direct sample of liberian girl. i wonder what mike thought of Tupac Shakur. oincey jones worked with both of theses guys and knew them both personally and said the they wre truely the worlds best muscians. you guys drop yall thoughts on the two artist and make your own comparisions and thoughts on the 2 greats. no hateing allowed yall please. peace.

yes i am a fan of both. i listen to two from tupac as many cali mornings as i can. and MJ..well....i can go on...lol

i would be happy to teach yall about pac but vncwilliam plz share your thoughts on both of them

WOW, MAKAVELIDAKING we must be twins. i take great interest in only these 2 artists, great in what they do. i dont understand why they never did work together, considering mj worked with notorious b.i.g. i still hope some day 2pacs record company contacts mj to feature on one of his may unreleased tracks. and about work ethics i dont know if mj was/is as hard working as tupac was. its said, when released from jail, he at times would record 3/4 tracks a day and would spend alot of time on the set. he created classics like hail mary in about an 30 minutes.

MAKAVELIDAKING i felt i was the only one lol. these 2 have so much passion in there work and have great messages which is why i enjoy there music.

btw released version of letter to my unborn child was a remix

i think pac summed it up best when on one track that he performed, he said..' i shouldn't even be on this track..' basically saying he had seriously high standards. and he was right. today, everybody settles for a mix. tupac and MJ don't settle at all. i could guarantee with the both of them, i'd hear something different something of high quality. like these two artists waited for the sky to open up and drop somn worthwhile instead of mesin it up themselves. i can't think of anybody else like that, cept...maybe....biggie.

Last edited:
2PAC was not just a rapper.. MY GOD!!! I love rap/hip hop. (not so much whats out now) But, 2PAC is the ONLY 'rapper' that I consider one of the greates in music history..

Some views of his were slanted from his upbringing.. he even admitted this, but his gifts were amazing.. He not only studied true poetry, he was able to create it.

Even those who do not like rap and/or hip hop should learn to appreciate him on many levels..

He's done a lot.. NOT just on a musical level..

Creating codes on the street for 'gangsters' to go by.. To orginize them in a positive way..

He's given speeches about the government, the projects, and how to lift them up..

He was SO young and people in the streets thought of him as there president. He has said this scared him, and he at 21 years old should not have this burdden, that the government should.. But he took that responsibility more than a MAN..

I don't agree with everything he said/did.. He made bad choices, he's done many things I don't like.. But he's still a hero in many ways.

thats good kopv nut compair thm like what they have in common and not in common like both of their childhoods were horrible.

Last edited:
^ Yes not just that though.. How they were compelled by art that was not of the norms for there surroundings..

How Michael loved true art at a young age.. aspects of art where it was not 'normal' for a black youngster to get into..

2 Pac loving poetry on a deep level, and loving theatre etc..

That is when you know the beginning of TRUE artists.. when they get these interests while there surrounding expect something else from them..

Saying NO to social norms, learning about a true passion

What Albums You Guys Think But These Two Guys To The Top Thrilller 25 I'm Curious To See What You Have To Say And U 2 Kopv

I read a photographic biography of 2pac a few months ago- I loved it! I don't know much about him or his music but I understood from the book that 2pac had a very hgh standard of quality, was a perfectionist and adored children....just like Michael.

MAKAVELIDAKING.. re write your question, I don't know what u askin'..

my fault guys i mean what two albums by these two artists do you guys feel showcased their most talent. like for me "me against the world " by 2pac and " history" by mj were like the albums that showcased their anger and emotion along with thier ablity as a song writer. as far as sucess "All Eyez On Me" is to 2pac What "Thriller" is to Mike. thats what made them super stars. i really like this discussion lets keep it going.

hi i'm new here and i don't know why i came to the music board first but i'm glad i did. since i was 8 mj and pac have been my favorite two artist. i always thought i was the only person in the world who liked both of them. now it feels good to know i'm not alone. btw, makavelidaking i would say the t7dt is more like history...you hit the nail on the head with thriller and all eyez on me...

why would u say that i always thought me against the world had more emotion and rawness then the makaveli album stae your reasons tbron

While MATW does have a lot of emotion it lacks rawness and anger. It does not show the pain of betrayal that 2pac felt in his life at that time. On t7dt he was so mad he said somethings he probably shouldn't have. mj did the same thing on history "jew me sue me" he also used profanity. on a pac fan site i read he used more profanity on t7dt than any album except all eyez on me( which has 27 songs t7dt only has 12). he also didn't mind talking about the people who offended him biggie,nas, jay-z, etc. mj did the same with tom sneddon and the media.

ask yourself which is closer to song like scream, tdcau, this time around, d.s. and tabloid junkie.

matw, so many tears, if i die 2nite, lord knows, and f the world

or

bomb first, hail mary, blasphemy, me and my girlfriend and against all odds

i see where your coming from know thanks hey thriller 25 what do you say about this and you to kpov

im with tbron on this one. the makaveli album was so much more raw than me against the world.

Elaborate More Thriller 25 Give Me A Complete Runthrough On Both History And Makaveli Album On How They Are Similar And You 2 Tbron

lol that will take ages. i dunno white mans world and they dont care about us are similar. tbh the comparisons of these albumsa would take to long, i just aint got the time. throw another question

2pac and MJ always have different sounds on each song. But with each album has an overall theme. Could be motivating, express anger, sadness, happyness..

I love that, being able to have differnt type of songs on an album, but still be able to set the songs and album up in a way to have a theme and feel to it in the big picture of the album..

i hear ya thriller 25 we would be here for a while but when ever you have time please drop it because i'm doing a project on theses two albums this month in english class for comparing and contrasting so drop it when you can it would be grearly aprreciated

what are 2pac and mj's signature songs for yall. like mine are ambitonz az a ridah for 2pac and billie jean for mike

well i don't think you should list just one for each artist because they have so many great songs. mj has been making hits for over 40 years and pac made a lot of great songs in just 6 years. so i'll do 5 signature songs for each one.

pac
hail mary
dear mama
so many tears
california love
hit em up

mj
black or white
beat it
billie jean
man in the mirror
don't stop til you get enough

now that doesn't mean these songs are the best i just think they're the most recognizable.

do you guys think that mj knew who pac was and respected his work and music if so what yall think mike would say.

hey thriller 25 you think mike knew who 2pac was. ou think he wouldve worked with him

^^ HELL YA he knew who Tupac was..

1) Pac worked with Janet on Poetic Justice
2) Remember the whole east coast/west coast thing that happened at 1995 MTV awards? MJ was there, he performed and recieved an award.
3) MJ worked with Smalls. If he knew who smalls was he HAD to know who Pac was..

I think a reason why MJ did not work with Pac was his bad reputation. Smalls rep was better while alive. the whole 'positive thinking' thing Smalls and Diddy did. remember that??? Diddy still does that sometimes. I think it was MOSTLY B.S. buts that's past..

AND Pac did not like Michael Jackson when he was first getting in the game, he said some things about him etc.. But he later regreted saying the things he said about many people, but it was not too much before he was killed.. By now if Pac was still alive they would have collab

I think if Pac were still alive, he would have matured a lot, as did several rappers from the era today.. I think by now he would have done something with him, as Pacs rep got better.. I WOULD HAVE LOVED THAT..

Pac sampled 'Liberian Girls' instramentals.. don't forget that, obviously MJ had to give the O.K.. so yes MJ knew Pac..

Last edited:
Back