L.J

Proud Member
HEY KIDS!!! :D

Here's today's news thread ^_^

Michael Jackson News:

SonyBMG Make Michael Jackson, Britney Spears Songs Available For Free

As part of new digital service...
Jacko200-PR%282%29.jpg

SonyBMG, one of the world’s biggest record labels, has made music by its artists free to listen to over the internet.
The record label has signed a deal with We7 to stream songs on user’s computers accompanied by a short advert.
The new deal will give music fans access to the complete back-catalogues of artists including Michael Jackson, Britney Spears and Elvis Presley.
Speaking to BBC’s Newsbeat, the boss of We7 Steve Purdham, said the deal will give “free music in return for some of your time.”
The new service, which launches today (April 28th), will build the profiles of its users so that adverts are target specific to each person.
Once users have listened to the songs they will also have the option to pay to download the tracks to their computer or MP3 players.
We7 is seen as the latest effort to try and control the growing problem of music piracy, which has seen the sale of traditional recorded formats, such as CDs, decline rapidly over recent years.

Link

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

funky in prison

http://www.youtube.com/v/ha7VwGJDsrk&hl=en

If you're heading to the beach bum resort of Cebu in the Philipines, you might just want to catch a show, inside the local prison. Instead of sowing blankets or breaking rocks, prisoners have been learning dance routines to the likes of Queen's Radio Ga Ga and Michael Jackson's Thriller (see above). In what started as a supplement to the prisoner's exercise routine, the prison has started flogging tickets to a weekly show. The show kicks off every last Saturday of the month, and the prison is even hosting a meet and greet with the inmates, where you can have your pic taken with your favourite star.
How long until we see Prison Idol?

LINK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[SIZE=+2]ABC Shows Win GLAAD Awards[/SIZE]
27-Apr-2008
Written by: Malia Brown

As reported by People, Ugly Betty and Brothers and Sisters once more took top honors at Saturday's 19th Annual GLAAD Media Awards, at Hollywood's Kodak Theatre.

For the second year in a row, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation selected ABC's Ugly Betty and Brothers and Sisters as its outstanding series: Betty for comedy, and the other for drama.

“We're not going to rest until we turn [all of the show's characters] gay!” joked Brothers and Sisters executive producer, Jon Robin Baitz. (The show currently features two gay characters.)

Kathy Griffin, whose My Life on the D-List was named outstanding reality show, opened the ceremony with a little help from her mom, Maggie Griffin, who joined her daughter on stage, and drew big laughs.

“Mom, who's the gayest-looking person in the room tonight?” Griffin asked.

“Is Ryan Seacrest here?” Maggie inquired, deadpan. Janet Jackson won the Vanguard Award, while Sharon Stone presented Rufus Wainwright with the Stephen F. Kolzak award. Past Vanguard winners have included Liza Minnelli and Elizabeth Taylor – “both who have had their pictures taken with Michael Jackson,” observed presenter Ellen Degeneres, who attended with partner Portia de Rossi.

The GLAAD Media Awards honor artists and programs committed to increasing awareness and understanding of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. The awards are presented in four separate ceremonies in March, April and May in Los Angeles, New York, Miami and San Francisco.

LINK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Jackson HIStory:

1993 - Michael Jackson received the Caring For Kids Award at the Children's Choice Awards.

2005 - A judge in a civil lawsuit against Michael Jackson denied a request to place a lien on Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch. The suit was filed by F. Marc Schaffel, a former producer and business associate of Jackson. Schaffel claimed that he was owed $3 million in loans and producing fees.

MJJC TIP of the week:

My secret Tip for this week is... go check out how to use the blog function on our main page: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/

Our next contest just might be held via the blogs :D so best to familiarize yourself with them now :D

Here's the tutorial: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43258

Also have you done your own Thriller vid? http://www.michaeljackson.com/mythrillervideo/

and it is being discussed here http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47264

;)

MJJC Member birthdays:

This week we wish a very happy birthday to the following people:

Monday 28th:
birthday_small.gif
Voyage (100)
birthday_small.gif
stb0428 (29)

Tuesday 29th:
birthday_small.gif
jessicajackson (27),
birthday_small.gif
DIRTYDIANA85 (23),
birthday_small.gif
TigerEyez (22),
birthday_small.gif
One Hat One Glove One Move (22),
birthday_small.gif
xscream (20),
birthday_small.gif
Lolita (19)

Wednesday 30th:
birthday_small.gif
ChickDing (30),
birthday_small.gif
mijack2000 (29),
birthday_small.gif
mjForeva (26), mjforlife,
birthday_small.gif
Mr Doubtfire (20),
birthday_small.gif
mjluverrach (19),
birthday_small.gif
MikeMannia (18)

Thursday 1st May: 8701girl,
birthday_small.gif
4motown (37),
birthday_small.gif
jessica m (32), ejchristian2k (28),
birthday_small.gif
jacksonfan81 (27)

Friday 2nd May:
birthday_small.gif
bigsixxraven (40)
birthday_small.gif
annie80 (20)
birthday_small.gif
MJs Little Angel (17)
birthday_small.gif
Lady Rouge (16)
Saturday 3rd May:
birthday_small.gif
motown lady,
birthday_small.gif
Annie Blanket,
birthday_small.gif
magic,
birthday_small.gif
OTW (21),
birthday_small.gif
~Nilüfer~ (21),
birthday_small.gif
Dangerously Bad (20)

Sunday 4th May:
birthday_small.gif
The sleeping beauty (26),
birthday_small.gif
Mina (25),
birthday_small.gif
Yara (23), Velvet Rose (17),
birthday_small.gif
Marijn (16)

So happy birthday everyone :holiday: :birthday: :holiday: :drunken:

Last edited:
thanks for the news.....
and all the best to all the B-day girls and boys this week:D

also, I was thinking...that the new album will be coming out soon.. becuz that story of Michael banning women and his kids out of studio... gives me that feeling...

the PR machine is warming up...

AW: 28th April, 08: MJ News and Mentionings

Ne-Yo: R&B superstar talks about his career, the tour with Alicia Keys and a collaboration thriller

And when he's not scoring his own hits, he's writing them for other acts, including Beyonce, Rihanna, Mary J. Blige, Celine Dion and — most recently — one of the biggest pop stars on the planet.

Here's what Ne-Yo had to say about his craft and his career, in a phone interview from a tour stop last week in Philadelphia:

On his writing process:

"I'm pretty much writing all day, every day — in my mind. If I see a word on a flier or hear somebody say something, it can be an inspiration. But the majority of the actual getting the song down happens in the studio."

On exploring new stylistic territory for his upcoming third album:

"To a degree, I can't completely move out of RB. That's my base, it's always going to be my base. But I can't do the same thing over and over again. If I'm bored, I know my fans are bored. I've got to expand and evolve with my craft. So (on the new album) you may hear some songs that you wouldn't necessarily categorize as RB. I really want everybody to go in with an open mind."

On a career artist he admires:

"Lionel Richie has a fantastic career, I really dug what he's done. (In 1985, he was named) publisher of the year — not one of the big companies, but him by himself. That was incredible. He moved out of the genre he started, and that's definitely what I want to do. I don't think you can call yourself a songwriter if all you can write is one type of song. And I'm aware of the fact that at some point in my life people won't want to hear Ne-Yo sing anymore, and that's fine. But you can write songs forever."

On what he can share about working on Michael Jackson's new album:

"Uh, nothing that would get me in trouble. He was very adamant about nobody knowing what's going on. No explanations, not even song titles. But we are working together and it's coming along nicely. He's being very selective."

On what it was like to get the call from the King of Pop:

"I thought they were kidding! I didn't believe it. I don't really do the starstruck thing, but when I met him and stood in front of the man, I was shaking like a leaf."

http://www.twincities.com/entertainment/ci_9076866?source=rss

Re: AW: 28th April, 08: MJ News and Mentionings

Lawd. Ne-ye shook like a leaf when he stood in front of Michael Jackson. Well that is something for the books.

"Uh, nothing that would get me in trouble. He was very adamant about nobody knowing what's going on. No explanations, not even song titles. But we are working together and it's coming along nicely. He's being very selective."
This is why RF does NOT know jack because no one is telling this idoit NOTHING. Sorry but I believe he gets feed mess just to later make him look like a nut. Thank you Ne yo.

I cannot wait for Michael's new album! We all know it'll be out before 2010 at least :p

Last edited:

It's nice to see him and Will.I.Am respecting Michael's wishes. Big freekin' KUDOS to them both. :)

Thanks to all for the news and updates.

It's nice to see him and Will.I.Am respecting Michael's wishes. Big freekin' KUDOS to them both. :)

Thanks to all for the news and updates.

Good thing we don't have any "Rodneys" this era. I cannot wait for this album, it's taking TOO long!

I thought by now they've learned that no one is talking about the new album, so why do they keep asking... :)

AW: 28th April, 08: MJ News and Mentionings

5 Minutes With T-Pain

Stephen Ortiz
Issue date: 4/28/08

DC: Is there anyone you haven't worked with yet that you would like to?

T-Pain: I'm done, actually, with my list. My list is covered with everyone up to Michael Jackson. If stuff keeps coming with me on it, then no one is gonna pay attention to my album. They can just go get the greatest hits, or a mix CD of features I've done.

http://media.www.dailycampus.com/me...4/28/Focus/5.Minutes.With.TPain-3353063.shtml

Do New Kids still have the right stuff?

Born Nadir Khayat, the producer moved from North Africa to Sweden in his late teens to work his way up in a Swedish pop music scene that helped create sounds for Britney Spears and 'N Sync, among others. He has done remixes and production work for Shakira, Akon, and Christina Aguilera and, after his stop in Boston, was headed to New York to put in his two cents on the ever-gestating Michael Jackson album.

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2008/04/25/do_new_kids_still_have_the_right_stuff/

Glad to see that Mike is actually working on an album despite what other reports have said.

Thx for the mentionings

You go, Michael! Keep it under tight wraps!
:clap:

On what it was like to get the call from the King of Pop:

"I thought they were kidding! I didn't believe it. I don't really do the starstruck thing, but when I met him and stood in front of the man, I was shaking like a leaf."
Aaaawwwww...

I know Michael is working his tight-butt off..

and the PR machine is about to move up a notch.. becuz something tells me Michael is in the finishing stages right now...

..I think he was waiting for his sister's album promo to wind down as well as T-25.. this is just a guess...

Monday, 28 April 2008
'Indians fail to recognise young talent'

http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/fashion/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1362382

Halder designed the Indian maharaja look for the music video of Jackson's song 'Ghost' for his album 'Blood On the Ground Floor' in 2002. Read on to know what he has to say about India
BAD0564B20388E7C11B590EB575492.jpg

New Delhi: Budding Indian fashion designer Abdul Halder, who shot to fame by designing costumes for pop icon Michael Jackson, says young talent is recognised in the country only when the West applauds his work.

"People in our country fail to recognise the talent of young designers," says the designer who is all of 26.

"They respect you when the West praises their work or they showcase their lines at international shows. It is quite unfortunate," Delhi-based Halder said.

It was in 2002 that Halder designed the Indian maharaja look for the music video of Jackson's song 'Ghost' for his album 'Blood On the Ground Floor'. However, it couldn't be used because of 9/11.

"Michael wanted to use the look of our maharajas for his music video. But since it matched the way Afghans dress and would have created a controversy he changed the concept."

The designer then started working with an Italian fashion house and debuted at the Lakme Fashion Week ramp in 2006.

"Young designers are very refreshing, their styles are very different compared to veterans who are much repetitive or they do it deliberately to establish their individuality," said Halder, who is originally from Kolkata.

"However, before starting their own label or taking the plunge in the market, aspirants must work with some brand. The more mature you become the better it is.

"Also, it makes you understand the psychology of customers better because a designer works like a doctor. For instance, a fat woman feels bad because of how she looks. If a designer can create an outfit that makes her look slimmer, she would feel good and more confident and the style guru will heal her."

Commenting on how Indian fashion is perceived globally, he said: "Today, Indian fashion is recognised everywhere. But our quality standards are bad. Embroidery is not only design. It is also about construction, cuts and finishes, where we lag.

"Buyers take the samples from Indian designers and get the same designs reproduced in China because they have high quality standards and delivery is on time.

"If we want to overcome these problems, in the first place designers must know tailoring and those who have tailors must be imparted institutional training so that they can produce high quality stuff."

Recounting the experience of working with the controversial Michael Jackson, Halder said: "His pianist introduced me to Michael. He is a gentlemen...very soft-spoken and extremely easy to work with.

"He likes bright colours like yellow, fuchsias, reds and blues. To look different from everyone he wanted me to create unconventional designs and induce curves in men's wear. He loves to be the centre of attraction.

"To my amazement, he would wear an outfit only once and never repeat it. Contrary to common perception he is a teetotaller and a vegetarian. He has visited India and told me that he likes the country a lot. We had sent him bindis, bangles and brocades as a token of appreciation and he was extremely happy."

Source: Indo-Asian News Service

Hold up...we have a 100 YEAR OLD MEMBER??? Voyage? thats correct?

Thats F*cking AWESOME!!! :punk:

Happy Birthday to you !!!

:clap: Why are people still doubting this, it's happening!

How sweet, anyone would get that way, star or not.

Happy b-day to everyone!!!!

Guys you know ... i read some posts about michaels new album witch will (?) come very soon ans it is really fun to me. In other messege board (witch names i won't say) you read every day, that somebody says that he will not wait anymore for the new album and thinks that michael is becoming boring, becouse we don't even get ONE news from him. Okey i can understand, but does this

allowe people to let michael jackson fall in their lifes ? I think its just stupid. I am a fan since i am ... 1 lol and i cant say that tomorrow i don't want to be mj-fan couse he seems to be doing nothing anymore. You can not say that you don't

like him anymore after mostly 15 years ... i know its not easy witching the Computer on, go in internet and you do not read somethin about michael witch is new ! Sucks i know ! But this "waiting" will not be for "nothing", belive me ! In the last 2, 3 years the media

treated michael like dirt ( they f*ucking **** still SO futhermuckers...) and i can understand why michael is how he is. Its better to wait instead of getting a new cd with music witch could be crap like "beat it 2008" (sorry !!).

Once a Michael Jackson Fan ... 4 EVER a Michael Jackson Fan :)

Last edited:
Thank you all for posting the news.

Ne-Yo is just a great guy. I love that he stated, yet again, that he cannot talk about the CD because he is gonna get in trouble. I like that. I like the secrecy. It keeps people wondering and I think that is what MJ wants. I like what Ne-Yo said about his reaction when he first met MJ face to face. Amazing! It proves the greatness of MJ.

I am with you, Rasta on that, regarding that MJ is about ready to show the world the music.

http://www.keyt.com/news/local/18344049.html

***** To Keep Encino Home
Michael Jackson has come up with the money needed to save his Los Angeles home. Jackson needed more than $400,000 to stop his Encino residence from being sold at a public auction. Last month, Jackson nearly lost Neverland Ranch to the same fate. But managed to temporarily save it by refinancing the property. Fortress Investment Group originally loaned him the $300 million needed to pay off his debts but, has threatened to sell the Santa Barbara County property at an upcoming auction next month. A public auction has been scheduled for May 14th at the Santa Barbara Superior Courthouse, and some web-based reports say "vultures are circling with cashier's checks."

Story Created: Apr 28, 2008 at 2:51 PM PDT

Story Updated: Apr 28, 2008 at 2:58 PM PDT

What about this?? Do you believe it??

If it IS true...this is FANTASTIC NEWS!!! Good for you MJ!! Roger, go eat some CROW!!!

eating-crow.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7010787243

New Fall Out Boy's Video Gives Nods To Michael Jackson

Jan Westmark - Celebrity News Service
Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - The Fall Out Boy's new video of their Michael Jackson cover "Beat It," pays homage to pop star Jackson. The full-length video will premiere on MTV.com at midnight on Monday and will also air on Tuesday's TRL.
According to bassist Pete Wentz, their new video isn't a tribute to one specific Michael Jackson song, but instead the video gives between 25 and 50 nods to Jackson.
Wentz said some of the tributes are obvious such as moon-walking and one-gloved dancers.
Wentz told People.com that in order to get the full "Michael Jackson" effect, the video needs to be paused and watched frame-by-frame to figure it out.
There are also celebrity cameos in the video, including Tony Hale from "Arrested Development" who appears as a karate sensei.
The song appears on a CD packaged with the band's new DVD, "Live in Phoenix

Back