28 - 30 November (Update for November 30th on post #34)

mariemarie

Guests
Bikram Yoga’s True Fitness secrets unveiled!

His latest book outdid the sale of copies of Harry Potter in the global market. He is the yoga guru to celebs of the likes of Michael Jackson Nixon Reagan Clinton, Indira Gandhi, Dharmendra, Madonna, Deepak Chopra, George Harrison, Pandit Ravishankar and John McEnroe to name a few. What is more, the strapping six and half footer Roland Kickinger, Mr Universe and the Terminator of Terminator 4 swears that yoga guru Bikram Choudhary’s yoga technique has made a difference to his life.

More http://www.realbollywood.com/news/2008/11/bikram-yogas-true-fitness-secrets-unveiled.html

Bristol pupils join record-breaking singalong

Thousands of children in the Bristol area took part in a nationwide record-breaking attempt known as The Big Sing.
Among them were 227 pupils at Filton Avenue Junior School, many of whom had dressed up as their favourite pop stars – from Amy Winehouse to Michael Jackson – for the event yesterday .
Their teacher Lisa Finnimore joined in the fun in a costume to look like the singer Duffy.

More http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news...-charities/article-508355-detail/article.html

Comeback hell

Why is it that so many of the bands making a comeback are those best forgotten, while the truly inspired remain in pop history, asks Ed Power.

The comeback trail is a rather crowded place at the moment. Every day seems to bring news of yet another band coming out of retirement, motivated by the desire to ‘do it for the fans' or ‘reclaim their legacy' (and, coincidentally, earn shedloads of cash). Last week, for instance, it was announced 1990s pop moppets S-Club 7 are to reform – albeit minus four members (for reasons of mathematical correctness they are to trade as S-Club 3). In September, meanwhile, Queen, released their first album in nearly a decade. Okay, it's Queen sans Freddie Mercury, but Brian May has compensated by cultivating extra frizzy hair. Judging by the live reception they've been receiving it seems this is good enough for fans.
Even Boyzone are back with a new record – and a saucy video that has lit up the internet (Stephen Gately is shown cuddling a bloke and, more controversial yet, Ronan Keating 's mullet has returned).
Surveying the deluge of reunions, though, the ardent music fan will be struck by a depressing thought: how come none of our favourite bands ever get back together?

Why for instance, are Echo and the Bunnymen regrouping – again – while their 1980s peers, The Smiths, still aren't speaking to one another? Must we endure another bland Cure record when New Order are absent presumed mooching in their bed-sits somewhere?
And don't you just know that, sooner or later, The Thrills ('er, they have broken up, haven't they?) will go back to Big Sur, while classic Irish outfits such as A House and Fatima Mansions remain in abeyance.
Perhaps the problem is that the truly great groups tend to burn briefly and gloriously, exhausting themselves in the process. Leaving aside those undone by tragedy – Nirvana spring to mind – the annals of pop are littered with bands that lived musical lives of accelerated brilliance and then are gone forever.

The obvious example is The Smiths, three retro rockers and an oddball lyricist with a gladioli obsession who, frankly, seemed such a bizarre match it was perhaps a miracle they stayed together for as long as they did. In five years or so, The Smiths released four epochdefining albums, a prolific streak comparable to The Beatles. Of course, when they did have a falling out, it was nasty and perhaps irrevocable. Sick of Morrissey's control freak tendencies, guitarist Johnny Marr walked in 1987; later drummer Mike Joyce would seek improved royalties from Morrissey and Marr, culminating in an ill-tempered court battle.

Other candidates for the ‘bands you'll never see together on stage again' hall of fame include The Stone Roses. But they really didn't get on in the end – in 1996 genius-in-chief John Squire bailed, leaving singer Ian Brown to cheekily try to continue the group with a hired-hand guitarist. Still, he's since changed his mind. “Why look back?” he told me early last year, when asked about the possibility of reforming. “I want to keep moving forward. It's not about the money. It's about making music that excites me.”

We are also apparently to be denied a Jackson 5 reunion. Despite his recent legal travails – and their ruinous effect on his bank balance – Michael Jackson reportedly turned down an approach from brother Jermaine to reform the jiving flares-era tween juggernaut.

Led Zeppelin fans were granted a teasing glimpse of what might have been when the sexagenarian wild-boy rockers played a oneoff reunion show in London last year. A followup tour looked a sure thing, with guitarist Jimmy Page said to be especially enthusiastic. But singer Robert Plant had other notions: he had just released an album of blue-grass duets with Alison Krauss and was darned if he was going to let the prospect of resurrecting the greatest hard rock combo in history cramp his style. Since then, it's been mooted that Zep might hit the road without him – a prospect about as absurd as The Beatles cobbling together a track out of some John Lennon demoes and passing it off as a ‘new' single.

ODD-BALLRECORD
Even less likely to tour the world together are 70s art-funkateers Talking Heads. Though front-man David Byrne remains a creative force – last week he put out a properly oddball record with Brian Eno – his relationship with 'Heads bassist Tina Weymouth is said to be so bad it makes Georgia and Russia look like high-school pen-pals. Nor is cutting Byrne out of the picture an option – the rest of the band already tried that in the 1990s, when they recorded as ‘The Heads'.
Of course, with record sales continuing to dry up, one can never say never. For years, received wisdom had it The Pixies were too estranged to regroup – before a promoter waved a cheque book beneath their noses.

For now, though, it seems certain bands have about as much chance of setting aside their differences as Madonna and Guy Ritchie have of taking a romantic walk together on Christmas morning. Something to chew over when your kids are nagging you to buy tickets for S-Club 3 in the New Year.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/day-and-night/features/comeback-hell-1556300.html

LETTER FROM KABUL
In tiny burqas, hope for Afghan women

The Tribune's Kim Barker writes about the difference one American has made by showing her Afghan sisters how to be entrepreneurs.

KABUL, Afghanistan — Most of these women do not like burqas, which conceal everything and make women look like giant blue shuttlecocks. One complained that when the Taliban forced her to wear one, she could not fit her glasses under the tight headband, so she could not see. Another remembered how her daughter, unused to the long garment, tripped and scraped her knees.

The women here, each a kind of entrepreneur, have experimented with what foreigners like. One woman sews Taliban dolls. Another sews doll families, a cross between voodoo dolls and Bollywood movie stars. Another invented the wine-bottle apron, with the word "Afghanistan" crudely stitched near a camel. Another woman is such an artist that she can take a picture of a pet or scene and embroider it perfectly on a pillow. Next she wants to make a Michael Jackson pillow.

Full story http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-afghan-women_letter_frinov28,0,7803934.story

Today in
Michael Jackson History
Currently there is nothing available on this date.......

009956768.jpg

(another one of his days off work. Geniuses also needs their breaks)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 28 - 30 November News and Mentionings

Today in
Michael Jackson History

009956768.jpg

Maybe that's what he was doing on this date :)

thanks to lesliemj.hu

Michael Jackson's Legal Issues

After Michael Jackson settled his legal issues with Prince Abdullah, I can CONFIRM that the King of Pop has NO MORE major ongoing court cases!

Two cases out of the five left are already dismissed, but Jackson's lawyer filed his briefs. One case had no updates in the past one year, the two others are harmless.

Michael Jackson is a wealthy and famous person, and will be the target of such cases as other celebrities are. But Jackson's recent court cases are far from dangerous, especially if we compare them to previous years.

Below you may see an overview of Jackson's ongoing court cases:

Plaintiff: Ola Ray
Defendant: Michael Joe Jackson, Optimum Productions Inc., Marshall Gelfand, John Branca
Filing date: 14/04/2008
Last hearing on 10/02/2008
Case type: Alleged breach of contract.

Plaintiff: Marc F. Schaffel
Defendant: Michael Joe Jackson, Fire Mountain Services LLC, MJJ Productions Inc.
Filing date: 11/16/2004
Status: Already dismissed, but Michael's lawyer filed his brief, next hearing on 12/22/2008

Plaintiff: Ayscough & Marrar
Defendant: Michael Joe Jackson, MJJ Productions Inc., Fire Mountain Services LLC
Filing date: 02/21/2006
Status: Already dismissed, but Michael's lawyer filed his brief, next hearing on 12/10/2008
Case type: Alleged unpaid bills.

Plaintiff: Sylvester Johnson
Defendant: Michael Joe Jackson, Will Smith, Tupac Shakur, etc
Filing date: n/a
Next hearing: n/a
Case type: Alleged copyright infrigment.

Plaintiff: Roberto Hernandez
Defendant: Michael Joe Jackson, Muhammad Basheer, Jackson International LLC
Filing date: 08/22/2007
Next hearing: Nothing happened since 08/27/2007
Case type: Alleged assault and battery.

Bejegyezte: LeslieMJHu dátum: 14:36 0 megjegyzés

We are also apparently to be denied a Jackson 5 reunion. Despite his recent legal travails – and their ruinous effect on his bank balance – Michael Jackson reportedly turned down an approach from brother Jermaine to reform the jiving flares-era tween juggernaut.

Oh well, that is life. Thanks for posting the news, Marie and Em.

Defendant: Michael Joe Jackson, Optimum Productions Inc., Marshall Gelfand, John Branca

She still suing Mike? WTF? I mean, it could be harmless but what "breach of contract" is she suing Mike and the gang for? She needs a damn job. For reals.

Plaintiff: Roberto Hernandez
Defendant: Michael Joe Jackson, Muhammad Basheer, Jackson International LLC
Filing date: 08/22/2007
Next hearing: Nothing happened since 08/27/2007
Case type: Alleged assault and battery

This is new to me. I didn't know Mike had this issue. I would not be shocked if this was dismissed. Assault and battery... Mike don't fight. LOL.

Michael Jackson is a wealthy and famous person, and will be the target of such cases as other celebrities are. But Jackson's recent court cases are far from dangerous, especially if we compare them to previous years.

Exactly. That is the reality of being famous. That is why I do not get it when fans flip out when a lawsuit (that is not gonna destroy his life) is being filed against him. I am glad that things are going the way it should be going.

This is new to me. I didn't know Mike had this issue. I would not be shocked if this was dismissed. Assault and battery... Mike don't fight. LOL.
its nothing. just a pap that accused bashir of taking his camera or something cause he was taking pics of the kids i believe. i guess mj gets sued aswell cause bahir aint got no money

Thanks for the news and info, marie and eluisive. Now to try and feel good on my 16th b-day today (years gone by so fast!).

Thanks for the news :) And Tillits, Happy Birthday :flowers:

its nothing. just a pap that accused bashir of taking his camera or something cause he was taking pics of the kids i believe. i guess mj gets sued aswell cause bahir aint got no money

Oh I see. Well, that case is gonna be dismissed anyway.

Happy b-day, TillitsGone. :) Wow, I didn't know you were 16. LOL. I thought you were older than that.

Was thinking the same, but How? It´s not like there´s been an upgrade on the film?

Another woman is such an artist that she can take a picture of a pet or scene and embroider it perfectly on a pillow. Next she wants to make a Michael Jackson pillow.

Full story http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-afghan-women_letter_frinov28,0,7803934.story
ohI do want one Michael pillow too

Michael Jackson History

009956768.jpg

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh:wub: love this pic!! he's so...I dont know makes me speechless...:wub:

oh I wonder what Ola Ray wants from Michael?!!!!!!!!

Maybe that's what he was doing on this date :)

Maybe ;)

I like seeing pictures of him relaxing or "doing nothing". For me that's very rare, because he always seems to be, well, ya know, doing stuff on every picture.

Maybe ;)

I like seeing pictures of him relaxing or "doing nothing". For me that's very rare, because he always seems to be, well, ya know, doing stuff on every picture.

But was he posing in this picture too, knowing that it being taken? Hmm I dunoo..

But was he posing in this picture too, knowing that it being taken? Hmm I dunoo..

That we will never know. But it SEEMS that he is not doing much.

Even if this was a photoshoot, he still looks pretty relaxed lol

Didn't Ola apologize to MJ during the promotion for T25 on a News interview saying it wasn't his fault she wasn't getting paid, but someone elses? :unsure:

That we will never know. But it SEEMS that he is not doing much.

Even if this was a photoshoot, he still looks pretty relaxed lol

Yeah he still looks as loverly as ever. :lol:

I love Michael Jackson! (L).

Lol. :blush:

What's the pic of? I can't see it.

Posts #1,2,9&13, MJ sitting with a leg up reading something on a deck overlooking a lake/ocean. It's not a recent pic.

Last edited:

Didn't Ola apologize to MJ during the promotion for T25 on a News interview saying it wasn't his fault she wasn't getting paid, but someone elses? :unsure:

I thought the same thing. Why is this going on if Ola knows that somebody else was keeping her money from her and not Michael?

The update will be up in a minute for November 30 th.

Dorothy_Marie do you mean number 29 ;)

hi :waving: i just like to help out o.k :) is this o.k ;) i found some today news ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Jackson Mentionings for November 29, 2008:

http://www.azcentral.com/style/fashion/articles/2008/11/28/20081128fash-loafers.html

The style dates to 1932, when the owner of a New Hampshire leather company saw an Esquire magazine photo of farmers wearing slip-on shoes in the cattle "loafing" area (where cows wait to be milked) at a Norwegian dairy. In 1936, John Bass created the version most of us grew up with. The "Weejun" (short for Norwegian) loafer is more widely known as the penny loafer because the hole across the vamp proved to be an easy spot to store a shiny coin. Dimes -- emergency pay-phone change -- replaced pennies in the 50s and 60s. The shoes have endured as a preppy essential, adding a polished look to such outfits as power suits and prep-school uniforms -- although there was a slight detour in the 80s, when men wore loafers with lightweight suits and no socks (think Don Johnson in a dove gray suit and bare ankles). And who can forget
a one-gloved Michael Jackson wearing penny loafers with skinny flood-water slacks?

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20081129/ent/ent1.html

The office phone [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]rings[/COLOR][/COLOR] and it's Hammond's assistant, Mervis. Michael Baisden, a talk show host in California, is on the line. Baisden happened to be interviewing a noted R&B singer and Hammond and Michael Jackson were mentioned as his inspiration. "I know Michael Jackson, but Beres Hammond? Who's that?" Baisden quizzed.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/22944/48/

The ANA president, Dr. Wale Okediran, had reported to the emir of Gusau on their writers’ visit that when the state was chosen as venue for the convention, many attempts were made to abort it by the members who did not feel comfortable with Sharia. He however told the emir that writers were rather surprised to see that people danced like Michael Jackson there.

Okediran had told the emir of the town that “We heard damaging stories about Zamfara, asking us not to come. We are here and see that it’s not how it is. We see people even dancing like Michael Jackson.”

http://www.timesanddemocrat.com/articles/2008/11/29/news/13352087.txt

It's been 26 years since the Bulldogs were last in postseason play.

It was 1982. Ronald Reagan was president. Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album had just hit the store's shelves and a postage stamp was only 20 cents.

http://www.topnews.in/take-s-circus-smashes-uk-record-most-preorders-ever-293938

With the Circus tour planned next, the boy band including Gary Barlow, 37, Mark Owen, 36, Jason Orange, 38, and Howard Donald, 40 has made a record sell-out with its
600,000 tour tickets vanishing in just four-and-a-half hours.
Becoming the fastest selling tour in the UK history, the band’s 2009 stadium tour, ‘The Circus’, has managed to displace Michael Jackson’s record sales of ‘Bad tour’ tickets in 1987.

http://www.patriotledger.com/entertainment/x84089929/Quincy-Dinner-Theatre-presents-holiday-cheer

The 12-member cast includes a number of loyal veterans, including baritone Jim Grassia of Weymouth. Backed by a four-piece band conducted again by Manhattan-based musician Petros Sakelliou, they’ll perform holiday favorites as well as pop hits by Britney Spears, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie and Barbra Streisand, in some cases adapted with Christmas lyrics

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/news/...ag-weekend/article-511537-detail/article.html

Tributes at the Humanist service yesterday came from his parents Paul and Gaynor.
To music by Michael Jackson and All 4 One, Mr Kyle said: "He was a wonderful and caring son."

Michael Jackson HIStory for November 29, 2008:

1979 - Michael Jackson's single "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" was certified Gold by the RIAA.

2004 - The judge in the Michael Jackson child-molestation case refused to order psychological exams for the accuser and the boy's family.

Re: 28 - 30 November (Update for November 29th on post #24)

Didn't Ola apologize to MJ during the promotion for T25 on a News interview saying it wasn't his fault she wasn't getting paid, but someone elses?

Yeah, she did. Some time last year when the 25th anniversary was happening. If she is suing Mike, John Branca and others for the music video, then she needs to move on. She basically said that she now knows the deal and even apologized to Mike. Hopefully, someone who knows some information about this can explain.

yeah i think she said in a interview that she was wrong to accuse mj as it had nothing to do with him interms of the money she had or hadnt been paid.

But was he posing in this picture too, knowing that it being taken?
of course, it's taken from the Book "Dancing the Dream".

some MJ business news

X Factor winner singing Hallelujah this Christmas

16:41 | Friday November 28, 2008
By Paul Williams

Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah has been confirmed as the song that will be released as the debut single by this year’s X Factor winner.

The song has already been performed on the current series of the ITV show, by 17-year-old Diana Vickers, who is currently 13/8 favourite with bookmaker William Hill to win the fina,l being screened live on Saturday, December 13. Eoghan Quigg currently ranks second favourite, while the same bookmaker offers odds of 1/5 as the runaway favourite for the eventual X Factor winner to top this Christmas's singles chart.

The selection of Hallelujah follows huge exposure for the song, which was originally recorded by Cohen in 1984 and is published by Sony/ATV, on Fox’s American Idol, on which Simon Cowell is also a judge.

A performance of it during the reality TV show’s last season in March by Jason Castro in the style of Jeff Buckley’s version sent the Buckley recording to number one on Billboard’s Hot Digital Songs chart the following week with 178,000 sales.

The same song further figures on The Promise, the current album by Il Divo, who are signed to Cowell’s Syco label, and on Katherine Jenkins’ latest album Sacred Arias.

http://www.musicweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=1036324&c=1

shamonee why do you have my thread as your siggy?

Back