26 Jun 08: mentionings.mentionings.. and alittle Beatles info

Yeah Neyo is a fav for me too, and he sounds better than Chris anyway lol.

Hearing MJ talk about people copying him just sends a message that he's aware... which is good, imo.

I've always loved Ne-Yo's work. Never had anything negative to say about him, but damn... if one more person uses Wayne's "A Milli"...

Last edited:
I don't like that A Milli song at all. Just don't get the hype over the song.

I like Ne Yo though. Hope to see something of his on Mike's new album.

Michael Jackson Gives Ne-Yo Props
June 27th, 2008 | Author: William E. Ketchum III

For the past 10-20 years, each new crop of R&B stars—everyone from Usher to Justin Timberlake—has been accused of being a “fake” Michael Jackson.

But according to an MTV report, the Moonwalker himself has given Ne-Yo his personal stamp of approval.

Ne-Yo’s upcoming album, The Year of the Gentleman, has an MJ tribute entitled “Nobody.” The song is the follow-up to his current single, “Closer.”

"Anybody who has been following Ne-Yo from the start knows that I'm a huge, huge Michael Jackson fan," he explained. "And love is one of the few things on the face of this planet that will never go out of style."

“Closer” is about a hook-up between strangers on the dance floor, but “Nobody” presents different circumstances.

“Say she didn't give you anything, but instead she just started dancing, and it was the most amazing thing you've ever seen," Ne-Yo said. "It's like she's untouchable, like it would be a sin to touch her or dance with her, with what's going on with her right now."

Ne-Yo is currently working with Michael Jackson, so he played his tribute for him. Jackson’s reaction to the song gave the singer/songwriter a surprising response.

"He told me that he likes the way I do Michael Jackson," Ne-Yo remembered. "…He said, 'When you do that, it doesn't feel like you're trying to copy me or trying to be me. It feels like you're complimenting me.' And that's what I'm doing. It means the world that he liked it."

The report also previews other songs from the album, which is set for an August release.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.7206/title.michael-jackson-gives-ne-yo-props

"Nobody" is one of the crappiest Neyo songs I've ever heard. I fail to see how it pays hommage to MJ in any way, be it musically, lyrically or production wise, lol. "Because of You" on the other hand, I can definately see the tribute, and it's a very classy song indeed.

"Nobody" (IMO ofcourse) is pure crap.

Last edited:
I've always loved Ne-Yo's work. Never had anything negative to say about him, but damn... if one more person uses Wayne's "A Milli"...

THANK YOU!! Did you hear the remix feat. Jay-Z? Jigga man killed it and that is why I now like the song... well his part anyway.

THanks for posting the news, guys.

Back