2012 > Brooklyn Loves MJ by Spike Lee [Event is cancelled]

Re: 2012 > Brooklyn Loves MJ by Spike Lee

I'm so glad they keep doing this, really means a lot.

Then let's hope people keep showing up like they do for the yearly ethnic parades in NYC

481974_266452440131381_1594755158_n.jpg
:girl_sigh: :D

430338_395305480530027_1234615119_n.jpg

Last edited:

Excited.

I cannot wait... MJ's birthday will be the beginning of some nice MJ-moments. Please Jacksons don't eff things up for us.

Have some decorum & handle your biz PRIVATELY.

From Spike's twitter :(

" There Will Be No Brooklyn Loves MJ Birthday Celebration This Year.I Promise To Come Bigger & Better For Michael Jackson's 55th Bday.Shamon"

^Saw that. It's sad they cancelled it last minute and I'm sorry for all the fans who looked forward to going this year.

Spike Lee didn't give a reason, so could it be he's tied down with too many commitments? He has to be in Venice for the Bad 25 documentary premier around the same time. I hope that's the case, and as promised he brings it back better than ever 2013.

wwhat's the reason?

That's awful. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he is too busy but still its so close to the event and he's letting a lot of fans down.

Oh what a disappointment. First last year's storm and now this year again. It is a pity that there was no one who could have kept it going for him, if he has commitments. Oh well.

Ohhhh, I'm so disappointed. This would have been my 1st year! Oh well, prayerfully next year. :(

Oh man, I think Spike has too many pots on the stove.

He ALSO has Mike Tyson's One Man Show on Broadway. Which I believe is wrapping up and about to go on the road. So that's one more pot, if you know what I mean.

I'm so disappointed. We were just talking about this event yesterday, making plans for our meeting place and what we were going to bring to eat and drink. Man Oh Man. Green Eggs And Ham!

SPIKE Lee did not give a reason but, I do want to let you guys know that the resident DJ who always plays music for that event DJ SPINNA is having a celebration from 6-midnight on that SAME day! It's only $10 per person and kids 13 and under are free.

I find it really noble and upstanding that he is doing this! It's called FOREVER MICHAEL in Delkalb Market in Brooklyn. A bunch of my fanclub (Legacy of Love) members and I are going together, if anyone wants to join us. PM me or join the club for more info. I'd love to meet new fans in the area.

The Freedom Party's 3rd Annual Michael Jackson Tribute Night
Dance along with The King of Pop August 31st at a special edition of The Freedom Party.

New York, NY (PRWEB) August 16, 2012
On Friday August 31st, The Freedom Party will turn their award-winning weekly hip-hop-classics party into their annual Michael Jackson Tribute. Resident DJs Herbert Holler, Cosi, and Marc Smooth will be joined by guest host Kevin Powell for a night of Michael Jackson sing-alongs, dance-offs, video mash-ups, and a special dance party in The Gallery at LPR featuring live congas by House of Rhumba's legendary Paposwing.
Now in it's third year, The Freedom Party's Michael Jackson Tribute night proves why they won Paper Magazine's People Choice for Best Party in NYC. It's a packed room full of dancers, b-boys, costumed Jackson 5 look-alikes, and general Jackson lovers. This is NYC best Jackson tribute every year.
About The Freedom Party:

The Freedom Party NYC is New York City's longest running weekly Friday night dance party. Recently the winner of Paper Magazine's highly coveted award for "Best Party of 2012 (People's Choice)," and runner up in URB Magazine's "Best Party of 2012" (a nationwide award). Freedom was created in 2002 by Herbert Holler, DJ Cosi, and Marc Smooth. Their mission was to bring music back to the forefront of nightlife, and to provide a weekly home for people from all walks of life to dance and be free at, regardless of who you know, what you wear, or how much money you make. Playing an incredibly tight mix of danceable hits from the 60s through today, including hip-hop, R&B, rock, reggae, soul, new wave, house music, salsa, merengue, electro, afrobeat, and more, The Freedom Party continues to fill the dance floor each week with people from all over the globe.
Dustin Nelson
(Le) Poisson Rouge
212-505-3474
Email Information

http://news.yahoo.com/freedom-partys-3rd-annual-michael-jackson-tribute-night-110256097.html?_esi=1

Ohhhh, I'm so disappointed. This would have been my 1st year! Oh well, prayerfully next year. :(

Me too.

I was so ready for this...expecially after last year's was canceled because of the hurricane.

:( Booo

Those who are planning the replacement parties are very kind. I hope many get to see the ads in time though.

I can attest to their parties....they are so much fun! People from all walks of life just getting down to the music! (including moi). They play everything! It was free to enter, but come early or later because the lines will be long!

The Freedom Party's 3rd Annual Michael Jackson Tribute Night
Dance along with The King of Pop August 31st at a special edition of The Freedom Party.

New York, NY (PRWEB) August 16, 2012
On Friday August 31st, The Freedom Party will turn their award-winning weekly hip-hop-classics party into their annual Michael Jackson Tribute. Resident DJs Herbert Holler, Cosi, and Marc Smooth will be joined by guest host Kevin Powell for a night of Michael Jackson sing-alongs, dance-offs, video mash-ups, and a special dance party in The Gallery at LPR featuring live congas by House of Rhumba's legendary Paposwing.
Now in it's third year, The Freedom Party's Michael Jackson Tribute night proves why they won Paper Magazine's People Choice for Best Party in NYC. It's a packed room full of dancers, b-boys, costumed Jackson 5 look-alikes, and general Jackson lovers. This is NYC best Jackson tribute every year.
About The Freedom Party:

The Freedom Party NYC is New York City's longest running weekly Friday night dance party. Recently the winner of Paper Magazine's highly coveted award for "Best Party of 2012 (People's Choice)," and runner up in URB Magazine's "Best Party of 2012" (a nationwide award). Freedom was created in 2002 by Herbert Holler, DJ Cosi, and Marc Smooth. Their mission was to bring music back to the forefront of nightlife, and to provide a weekly home for people from all walks of life to dance and be free at, regardless of who you know, what you wear, or how much money you make. Playing an incredibly tight mix of danceable hits from the 60s through today, including hip-hop, R&B, rock, reggae, soul, new wave, house music, salsa, merengue, electro, afrobeat, and more, The Freedom Party continues to fill the dance floor each week with people from all over the globe.
Dustin Nelson
(Le) Poisson Rouge
212-505-3474
Email Information

http://news.yahoo.com/freedom-partys-3rd-annual-michael-jackson-tribute-night-110256097.html?_esi=1

I'm sorry to hear this. It sounds like Mr. Lee has alot going on and if he is to be in Venice for the premier of the BAD25 documentary at the same time; logistically, it's probably not doable. Sorry to sound so obvious. I hope that the events that are being scheduled to help fans who were planning on attending will be fun.

Back